7th February 2015, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to take admission for B.Tech after scoring 64% in Mechanical diploma course?

Sir/Mam,

I just pass my diploma in mechanical to 64% and i want to take admission in b.tech please help me to know about the entrance exam of diploma to degree.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take admission for B.Tech after scoring 64% in Mechanical diploma course? -- [New]
  2. Can I get admission through government quota in B.E Mechanical after scoring 57% in diploma mechanical engineering
  3. Names of the engineering colleges in Maharashtra where I can get admission after scoring 78% in diploma mechanical engineering?
  4. Eligibility to study B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) after completing Diploma in Metallurgical Engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for PG Diploma in Canada? For which all streams am I eligible? Required score in IELTS for admission?
  6. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to take admission in btech mechanical engineering in west bengal after diploma in automobile?
  8. Am I eligible for MNC after scoring 74% in MNC and 91% in diploma?
  9. Am I eligible for direct 2nd year degree admission after scoring 54% in Mechanical Diploma?
  10. Btech mechanical admission in IPU?
  11. Can I get admission after scoring 63% in diploma mechanical from MSBTE university?
  12. Am I eligible for any company after scoring 40% marks in 10th, 61% in diploma and 63% in B.Tech
  13. Is a diploma+B.Tech degree holder a graduate?
  14. How to get btech admission after diploma in IT?
  15. Am I eligible for lateral entry exam for B.Tech in UP after pursuing diploma in mechanical
  16. Can I get admission for diploma in mechanical engineering after scoring 80% in 10th
  17. Am I eligible for any companies in India after scoring 71% in diploma?
  18. Guidelines to get admission in B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering final year student?

8th February 2015, 01:13 AM
anair

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission for B.Tech after scoring 64% in Mechanical diploma course?

Most universities ask for a minimum score of 60%. You have 64% so you are eligible for B.Tech. You can go for lateral entry program and save one year of the course. You will get a direct entry into the 2nd year.
You will have to write the Lateral Entry Test(LET). Every university has its own test. Think about which college or university you want to study in and then write their LET exam. Based on merit-cum-preference you will be allotted a seat.
Some universities have higher cut off, so you must check the eligibility criteria of the university that you have selected.

8th February 2015, 09:41 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to take admission for B.Tech after scoring 64% in Mechanical diploma course?

Yes, you can get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college. Since, you have scored 64% marks in Your Diploma course, you can get admission in B.Tech course in top 50 colleges.

8th February 2015, 11:06 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I just pass my diploma in mechanical to 64% and i want to take admission in b.tech please help me to know about the entrance exam of diploma to degree.
You have completed diploma in Mechanical Engineering so you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech.

But you should qualify in LEET exam.

Those candidates who have completed diploma course with above 60% marks from a recognized university are eligible for LEET exam.

Your age should be below 28 years.

Best books for LEET exam

LEET (Lateral Entry Engineering Test by V. Kapoor
Publisher: Gk Publishers

Leet
Author: Frederic P. Miller, Agnes F. Vandome, John Mcbrewster
Publisher: Alphascript Publishing (2009)

Lateral Entry to Engineering Degree (B.E./B.Tech) Exam Guide
Author: RPH Editorial Board
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House (2012)

8th February 2015, 04:56 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to get admission in 2nd year of B.E/ B.Tech after successful completion of "Mechanical Diploma Course". Every state conducts LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test) Examination for admission into 2nd year B.E/ B.Tech course in technical institutes in particular state. You can appear for LEET Examination to get admission in B.Tech, with the percentage you have secured. Generally the minimum percentage required is 45% marks and for SC/ ST category candidates the minimum percentage required is 40% marks. Since you have secured more than what is required you are eligible to appear for LEET Examination. After qualifying your state's LEET Examination, you will be admitted to 2nd year B.E/ B.Tech directly based on your LEET Score. So I suggest you to attend LEET Examination to get admission in 2nd year B.E/ B.Tech.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?