7th September 2016, 02:59 PM
Unregistered

Can I appear for UPSC with diploma qualifications?

Sir, I have done diploma in Tourism studies, diploma in Beauty & Body Therapy, Diploma in management, Diploma in Montessori Teacher's Training. Now working with Tally Erp9 certificate in Information Technology. I belong to ST category and my age is 37. Can I appear for UPSC exam?

7th September 2016, 05:35 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I appear for UPSC with diploma qualifications?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done diploma in Tourism studies, diploma in Beauty & Body Therapy, Diploma in management, Diploma in Montessori Teacher's Training. Now working with Tally Erp9 certificate in Information Technology. I belong to ST category and my age is 37. Can I appear for UPSC exam?

Sorry, it is not possible to appear for UPSC Civil Services Examination with diploma qualifications. The aspirant should hold a graduate degree in any discipline like B.A or B.Sc or B.Com or B.E to appear for civil services examination. The age limit for appearing for the examination is 32 years for general category candidates, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST candidates. So if you satisfy the above criteria then only you are eligible for the UPSC Civil Services examinations. The UPSC Civil Service consists of Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview.
7th September 2016, 07:30 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

If you want to appear for Civil Services examination then you are not eligible.

The examination is conducted by UPSC and the minimum required educational qualification is bachelor degree from recognised university.

So, diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th September 2016, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For UPSC civil services exam, you need to have a degree qualification. A diploma won't make you eligible for this exam. Any stream degree will be enough.

Just make sure you study from an UGC recognized university. Hence, you present qualification is not enough for UPSC exams.
7th September 2016, 07:54 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

No, With diploma qualification you can not appear in UPSC exam because minimum qualification required to appear in this Entrance exam is graduation in any discipline from recognised University with at least 50% marks and relaxation of 5% is given to the candidates of reserved categories.
Hence I would like to suggest you to complete a graduation degree in any discipline from distance course side by side with your job and then appear in this exam.
7th September 2016, 08:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC examination on basis of Diploma qualification. The minimum educational qualification required to appear in most of the examinations conducted by UPSC is completion of Bachelor's degree course from a recognised university. Since, you have not pursued Bachelor's degree course, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC examination.
7th September 2016, 11:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, you are not eligible for UPSC exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for Civil Service exam(UPSC).

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
7th September 2016, 11:55 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are not eligible to appear in UPSC Examination being a Diploma holder. The basic educational qualification required for appearing in UPSC Examinations is as follows.

For Some of the UPSC Examinations: Like UPSC Civil Services, Combined Defence Service Exam, Indian Forest Services (IFS) and other Engineering services Examinations the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree from a recognized university.

For Some of the UPSC Examination: Like SCRA (Special Class Railway Apprentice) Exam and National Defence Academy (NDA) Examination the minimum educational qualification is "12th Class" from a recognized university.

As you are Diploma candidate, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in UPSC Examination. So I suggest you to complete Graduation in order to appear in UPSC Exams.
8th September 2016, 12:00 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests it is a commission which conducts different examination for recruitment of Central Government employees. But in general UPSC examinations are used for Civil Services examination and that must be the same in your case too.

* Civil Services examinations are held by UPSC once every year for recruitment of officers in administrative field. And for appearing in the same examination you must satisfy the criteria given below :-

i) You must be an Indian resident.

ii) Your age must lie between 21 years to 32 years if you are general candidate. Age relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates are also applicable.

iii) You must have completed your bachelor's degree course in any stream from a recognized university.

So being a diploma degree holder which is not equivalent to bachelor degree you does not satisfy the eligibility criteria for the same examination and hence you are not eligible for appearing in the same examination.

For more queries regarding the same examination you can log on to the website www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?