13th December 2016, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write for admission?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and after completing it my dream is to join the Indian Navy. I want to know can I apply for the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? If yes then please tell me which exam do I have to write for admission?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join the Indian Army after completing Diploma+BE Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write?
  2. How can I join Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course?
  3. Eligibility for Indian Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Can I join Indian Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering at an age of 23 years? What to do to apply for the same?
  5. Can I apply for Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
  6. How can I get an Officer's job in the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering scoring 68% marks? -- [New]
  7. Opportunities for diploma students in Indian Navy?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exams after completing 12th+Diploma in Mechanical engineering from Indian Army?
  9. Can I apply for Indian Navy or Army after completing Diploma course?
  10. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Which courses can I pursue after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Can I get admission in IIT and which exam do I have to appear for admission?
  12. Am I eligible to join Navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Can I join Indian navy or Indian air force on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. How to join Indian navy and when are the exams conducted?
  15. Can I join Indian Navy after completing diploma in mechanical engineering? What can I do to get a government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Chances to become an Indian Navy Commando for Diploma Mechanical student?
  17. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  18. Career in Indian Navy after completing engineering?
15th December 2016, 06:14 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write for admission?

Let me tell you that Diploma is equivalent to intermediate. After completing Diploma you are eligible for technical as well as non-technical jobs.
Candidate must have at least 60% aggregate in intermediate.
Candidate age should not less than 17 years and not more than 19.5 years.
16th December 2016, 11:17 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? Which exam do I have to write for admission?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering and after completing it my dream is to join the Indian Navy. I want to know can I apply for the Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering? If yes then please tell me which exam do I have to write for admission?
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for Indian Navy exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC through NDA.

The minimum educational qualification for Indian navy is 12th standard with Physics and Mathematics from a recognized board. Your age should be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
16th December 2016, 10:32 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to apply for Indian Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. First of all you have to fulfill the following eligibility criteria:

> You should have completed 12th standard with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or its equivalent qualification like diploma from a recognized board.

> You must be an Indian citizen.

> Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years.

> You should be an unmarried male candidate.

> You must be physically and mentally fit.

With the above eligibility criteria you have to appear for NDA (National Defense Academy) examination conducted by UPSC. The selection will be done on the basis of marks scored in the examination followed by SSB interview and physical/medical test. Hence, if you qualify all these stages then you will be eligible to join Indian Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?