30th September 2016, 01:41 AM
Unregistered

Can I do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical?

Can I do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical? Is it good to do in the perspective of getting a job in future? Can you please provide me the criteria for getting the job next? What type of job I should apply for? How to get the information?

30th September 2016, 08:18 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical?

Yes, you are eligible to pursue bachelor in engineering with electrical stream after diploma degree.

Candidates after pursuing diploma are eligible to get admission in B.E/B.Tech degree through lateral entry after qualifying in LEET examination.

Yes, you will be eligible to get a better job in future after qualifying in entrance examination. Some of entrance examination are :- GATE, and examination conducted by Railway, Electricity Department etc.

You can also go with the jobs in public sector.
30th September 2016, 09:49 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

B.E stands for Bachelor in Engineering and it is four year duration course after 10+2 and three year after the diploma degree through lateral entry.

Yes, you are eligible for admission in course after completing your diploma course. The candidates can appear for entrance examination conducted by various universities and institutes as Lateral Entry Entrance Test for admission in course.

The degree will be considered as valid and so candidates are eligible to appear for entrance examination conducted for recruitment in jobs in public as well as private sector.

After qualifying in entrance examination you will be eligible for getting job.
30th September 2016, 11:23 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to do B.E. course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electrical Engineering. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma course are eligible to get direct admission in second year of four years B.E course through lateral entry admission process. After completion of your B.E course with good command on subject knowledge, definitely you can get a good job in Private or Government sector companies.
30th September 2016, 12:00 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical? Is it good to do in the perspective of getting a job in future? Can you please provide me the criteria for getting the job next? What type of job I should apply for? How to get the information?

Yes, you can do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical Engineering. The three years diploma holders are eligible to do B.E or B.Tech through lateral entry admission. The candidates will be admitted to the second year of the engineering graduation through a lateral entry entrance examination conducted by the State Board of Technical Education. There are around 10% of seats in engineering is allotted to diploma students. So you can study B.E or B.Tech in Electrical Engineering after Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
30th September 2016, 12:28 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Yes definitely you can pursue Bachelor of Engineering Course after completion of your diploma in Electrical Engineering by qualifying LEET ( Lateral Entry Entrance Test) that is mainly conducted every year to give admission to diploma students in 2nd year of engineering course. Hence you need to qualify this entrance exam. Once you will qualify according to your rank in the Merit list you will be given government or private college as per your priority.
30th September 2016, 02:08 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, of course you are eligible to pursue Bachelor in Engineering course after diploma degree.

The course duration is of three year after diploma degree. The admission is offered in various institutes after qualifying in LEET examination.

So, you can appear for examination. Yes there are many job option available for you after the degree in government as well as private sector.

The common criteria to get job is to qualify in entrance examination conducted. The job is offered as as JE, SE, Officer in RTO, Railway etc.
30th September 2016, 02:08 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering after diploma in Electrical. There are entrance examination through which you can get admission in engineering, one is LEET and other is JEE. LEET is Lateral Entry Entrance Test which is conducted by State Technical Universities for admission of diploma candidates in second year of engineering.

Diploma candidates are also eligible for JEE Main for admission in NITs and other government engineering colleges. For both exams, you need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma.

After Bachelor of Engineering, you can apply for various examinations like GATE for PSU jobs, Indian Engineering Services exam, Railway entrance exams etc. The criteria for all these exams is that you must have cleared all papers of engineering and there should not be any active pending backlog. Second is that you will have to crack exam and interview for final selection.
30th September 2016, 03:20 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

You can do Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering after completing diploma in electrical engineering.

*Diploma candidates can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test for direct admission in second year of engineering. You should have minimum of 60% marks upto final year of diploma then only you are eligible for this examination.

*You are also eligible for Joint Entrance Examination Main for admission in National Institute of Technology.

You will have more job prospects in Public Sector Undertakings and organizations after B.E in Electrical Engineering.
30th September 2016, 04:52 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes, you can do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical.After completing B.E in Electrical Engineering there are a number of job opportunities for candidates. Electrical Engineers are required by almost all government sector companies.

Some of the companies that recruit electrical engineers are given below:::::::::::::::》

->>Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL)

->>Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL)

->>Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)

->>Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC)

->>Coal India Limited(CIL)

->>Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL).
30th September 2016, 06:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can do B.E after completion of diploma in Electrical.

After diploma in Electrical, you can apply for B.E. or B.Tech 2nd Year by Lateral Entry.

To get lateral entry admission in B.E/ B.Tech course, one should appear for Lateral Entry examinations like LEET. The exam is conducted by the respective state entrance examinations board. One who qualify in the entrance examination will be called for counselling process as per the candidate's examination rank and will be allotted a seat in the college for which you are eligible to get lateral entry admission for pursuing B.E/ B.Tech course.

Eligibility required to apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET) is that the student must have completed 3 years engineering diploma or equivalent form a recognized University.
30th September 2016, 07:05 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can pursue B.E after completing Diploma with Electrical. Diploma is a three year course and after completing this you will be able to take admission in B.E directly in second year. You don't have to study first year as you have completed this already during pursuing Diploma. After completing B.E you can apply for job in any IT sector company or write GATE exam for further studies. It depends on you that what you want to choose.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?