27th September 2016, 03:03 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do graduation after completion of diploma without intermediate?

Sir/Mam,

I have completed diploma in mechanical after 10th but without intermediate and now I want to do graduation so please tell me can I do graduation on diploma certificate? What is the procedure followed for it? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Is Diploma degree equivalent to Intermediate?
  2. Am I eligible to do graduation course after completion of diploma?
  3. Am I eligible to do BCA graduation after completion of computer science vocational course?
  4. Is it possible to do graduation in Computer or Automobile after completion of diploma course?
  5. Am I eligible to go to USA for graduation after completion of diploma?
  6. Can I do BBA course after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  7. Is it possible to do direct graduation right after completion of 10th standard? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Is Diploma course equivalent to Graduation?
  9. Is it possible to join graduation in CS on completion of 2 years Diploma?
  10. Which one to take diploma or graduation for good salary and easy job opportunity for civil engineering?
  11. Am I eligible for Government merit scholarship after completion of intermediate with 97 percentage marks? -- [New]
  12. What is best after completion of intermediate? Is it Graduation or Polytechnic course?
  13. Am I eligible for B.Ed after scoring 59% in intermediate, 45% in graduation, 42% in PG
  14. Am I eligible to apply for constable job in Andhra Pradesh after completion of diploma course?
  15. Am I eligible to do MA or B.Ed after completion of graduation with 50 percentage marks?
  16. Am I eligible to do ground staff jobs after completion of intermediate with 70% marks?
  17. Am I eligible to do BA after completion of 3 years diploma after 10th?
  18. Am I eligible for doing Ph.D after completion of 3 years diploma in mechanical engineering with 76.77 percentage?
30th September 2016, 11:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do graduation after completion of diploma without intermediate?

Yes, you are eligible to do Graduation course after completion of Diploma without doing Intermediate. Candidates who have completed three years Diploma course from an AICTE approved institution are eligible to get direct admission in second year of Graduation course. To get lateral entry admission in Graduation course, you have to appear in LEET examination conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based on your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
30th September 2016, 02:02 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do graduation after completion of diploma without intermediate?

Yes, being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to do graduation even if you have not pursued Intermediate. Being a Diploma holder in Mechanical Engineering, you are eligible to get direct admission in 2nd year of B.E or B.Tech Mechanical Engineering course through lateral entry admission process.

Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/ B.Tech course are offered through entrance examinations like LEET, ECET or through Centralised Admission Process (CAP) which is based on merit basis of 12th standard examination marks. Based on your rank in the entrance examination or 12th standard examination marks merit basis, you will be called to participate in counselling process and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get direct admission in second year of B.E or B.Tech course.
30th September 2016, 05:11 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes, you are eligible to do graduation after completion of diploma without intermediate.After Diploma you are eligible for admission in direct second year in B.Tech by lateral entry.

Some top B.Tech lateral entry colleges of India where you can take admission for that course:-

**Lakshmi Narain College Of Technology
Bhopal

**Delhi Institute of Technology & Research
Delhi

**ABES Engineering College
Ghaziabad

**CBS College
Delhi

**Gautam Buddh Technical University
Lucknow

**Manav Rachna International University
Faridabad.
30th September 2016, 06:21 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I have completed diploma in mechanical after 10th but without intermediate and now I want to do graduation so please tell me can I do graduation on diploma certificate? What is the procedure followed for it? Awaiting for the response.
After completion of Diploma course, you can do graduation degree like B.Tech/B.E through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for lateral entry exam:-

(i)Candidate should have passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Candidate should have passed Degree in Science B.Sc with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

(iii)Candidate's age should be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?