19th January 2016, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Can I join or apply for merchant navy after diploma or polytechnic in mechanical?

I am a diploma holder by me after diploma can i join or apply for merchant navy. Tll me how to apply what i have prepare for it? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same? Can someone please guide me with the information on this?

Thank you!

30th July 2016, 10:42 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join or apply for merchant navy after diploma or polytechnic in mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma holder by me after diploma can i join or apply for merchant navy. Tll me how to apply what i have prepare for it? What is the eligibility criteria followed for the same? Can someone please guide me with the information on this?

Thank you!
Yes, of course you are eligible for Marine Engineering course after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course. The duration of the course is for two years. The candidate need to score at least 50% of marks at Diploma course in order to get admission. You can apply for the Institutions such as,

Institute of Maritime Studies
Address: Isbt Complex, Bogda, Vasco da Gama, Goa 403802
Phone:0832 252 0986

Vel’s Academy of Maritime Education and Training
Address: Off Rajiv Gandhi Salai – OMR (IT Highway), Thalambur, near Navalur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103
Phone: 044 3200 0501

Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Govt. Polytechniques
Address: Polytechnic Road, Pahargaon,, Junglighat, Port Blair, Andaman and Nicobar Islands 744103
Phone:03192 259 693

Coimbatore Marine College
Address: 296, Pollachi Main Road, Myleripalayam, Othakkalmandapam (Post), Tamil Nadu 641032
Phone: 0422 261 1982
15th September 2017, 07:56 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can I join or apply for merchant navy after diploma or polytechnic in mechanical?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

Thank you!

If you want to join merchant navy after completing your diploma in mechanical engineering, then you must have to go through pre sea training. Here below are details regarding institute offer pre sea training:-

Institute Offer Pre Sea Training after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering:-

1). Arya Marine Academy, Mumbai

2). School Of Seamanship and Nautical Technology, Tamil Nadu

3). International Maritime Academy, Chennai

4). Amer Maritime Training Academy, Kanpur

5). AMET University, Chennai

6). Anglo Eastern Maritime Academy, Karjat

Eligibility Conditions:-

>> Age limit to apply for merchant navy pre sea training is 19 to 25 years.

>> For pre sea training applying candidate must be physically and mentally strong.

>> Only unmarried candidates are allowed to apply.

>> Applicant must have valid Indian passport.

>> Applicant must have good eye sight that is 6/6.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?