24th September 2011, 10:43 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for IAS Exam after the completion of Degree in Open University?

i have completed my 10th & having arrear in Diploma. Now im gng to do degree in Open university. If i completed that then i can wrote exam fr IAS?

25th September 2011, 07:03 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam after the completion of Degree in Open University?

Definitely you can appear for IAS Exam after the completion of your Degree course. For IAS, one has to appear for civil services examination conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Here is the selection procedure for IAS Exam.
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Examination
-Interview

Here is the eligibility criteria for IAS Exam.

Academic qualification :
-One should have completed Graduation with any of the stream from a recognized university.
-Even the final year candidates of qualifying examination who have appeared for the exam and waiting for the results are also eligible to apply for the exam.

Age criteria :
-One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for IAS Exam.
-Relaxation upto 3 years in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC.
-Relaxation upto 4 years in upper age limit for the candidates of SC/ST.

I suggest you to complete your arrear in diploma and try to finish your degree with good percentage of marks. Choose the optionals now itself and try to improve knowledge on those subjects in addition to your academic studies.

For updated information on civil services examination, you can visit the official website of UPSC.

Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
25th September 2011, 11:06 AM
saurabh abhijeet

Default Re: Am I eligible for IAS Exam after the completion of Degree in Open University?

yes, the eligibility criteria for IAS exam is, a candidiate should
have graduate from any recognised university either regular
or correspondance and a student in final year graduation can
also apply for the exam....
the age eligibility for the exam is 21-30 for general category
with 4 attempts, 33 for OBC with 7 attempts and 35 for
SC/ST with no limits....
25th September 2011, 11:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have completed my 10th & having arrear in Diploma. Now im gng to do degree in Open university. If i completed that then i can wrote exam fr IAS?
Dear friend,

If your graduation degree university is UGC approved then you are eligible for IAS exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC in once time in year.

Those candidate are graduate from any recognized university with any discipline are eligible for IAS exam.

But your age should be in between 22 to 30 years old.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC category as per govt rule.

The maximum attempts for SC/ST candidate is Unlimited. For OBC candidate it is 7 years and for general candidate it will be 5 years.

Also you must be in citizen in India.

For more details you can visit to www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
25th September 2011, 12:14 PM
rahul4490

Eligibility criteria

you can go for civil service only if your college is a recognized institute. Make sure of it and also see that it is accredited under a government ruling body.

In case of any clarification needed, please do post your query here

Thank You.
20th October 2011, 11:22 AM
Unregistered

I completed my ssc, and got 90%, as I faced some economical problems, i couldn't get in further studies.. My dream is to become an IAS.? With the great difficult, now completed B.sc open degree, am I eligible for.?
1st March 2012, 03:42 PM
Unregistered

next year iam gonna b 30yr and doing my distance edu frm sikkim M university. This is my first yr will i b still eligible for IAS exam
23rd April 2012, 03:20 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i have finished my degree under open university system (not finished 10th, and 12th) can i enter the civil service exam sir ?
24th April 2012, 02:02 AM
srinivas933

Sir,

IAS (Indian Administrative Service ) exam is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) once in a year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :

~ The candidate should be complete graduation from a recognised university.
~ Final year candidates are also eligible.
~ Age limits is 21 years to 30 years, 3 years age relaxation for the OBC candidates, 5 years age relaxation for the SC/ST candidates.
~ Candidate should be a citizen of india.

SELECTION PROCEDURE :

>> Preliminary exam,
>> Main exam,
>> Interview.

For more details check visit

http://www.upsc.gov.in
5th July 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

IAS after completing 10th, 12th , BA but without completing 11th standard
3rd January 2013, 04:32 PM
Unregistered

i have completed my BBA Degree in open university and now i have completed blis and mlis i m eligble for government post
24th February 2013, 07:47 PM
Unregistered

i have completed 10 class regular b.com in correspondence but not completed 11,12 can i do ias
2nd August 2013, 10:49 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir i complet 10th class but iam not stady 1 & 2 and i complet b.b.a in open university iam eligible or not to do the ias exam
27th December 2013, 11:11 AM
Unregistered

Dear sir i doing B.A. from Utrakhand open University pls tell me sir this Universityes degree eligible for civile service IAS EXAM. MY EMAIL ID. [email protected]
20th March 2014, 09:35 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Dear sir am completed B.A. hindi degree in one setting . I am apply the IPS jobs
19th May 2014, 03:31 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible for ias exam after finishing m.sc integered course in deemed university
14th July 2017, 09:19 AM
Unregistered

Sir.. I have completed my degree in 2016.But I have one arrears. With college permission whether I can apply for IAS..?
21st February 2018, 11:56 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I. Completed my degree BSc in allahabad university and applied for upsc with exams in 2014 not selected so. I. Want to do b. A public administration in ignou. Can I apply for second time with b. A degree to. Upsc exams or else only BSc i. Have to keep. for appearing exams change of degree is ok or not unable to understand plz suggest me
27th February 2018, 11:43 PM
MNB1234

Quote:
Sir.. I have completed my degree in 2016.But I have one arrears. With college permission whether I can apply for IAS..?
Educational Qualifications to appear in this exams:Graduation pass in any stream from an recognised University

Age Limit:Minimum 21 years for all candidates
Maximum age is 32 years for General category candidates
3 years age relation for OBC candidates
5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of attempts:
6 attempts for general candidates
9 attempts for OBC candidates
No restriction for SC/ST candidates

Next UPSC Civil Services Prelims exams notification would be released by UPSC 7th February 2018.

Last date to apply is 6th march 2018.
UPSC prelims exams is on 3rd June 2018.
29th November 2018, 02:31 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing my B.Tech Degree from BITS PILANI under WILP(Work Integrated Learning Program), am I eligible to write the IAS/IPS exams?? please confirm me ASAP
2nd January 2019, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

I am B.TECH student but i have num of arrears so i am eligible to apply for IAS exam?
4th January 2019, 09:03 PM
Meg24

Hello,

Yes you are eligible for the Ias exam even after completion of degree from an open University as the only criteria mention at the Upsc website is that the candidate should have completed the degree from a recognised Indian University.
Open Universities like NIOS and IGNOU are all recognised by the government of India.
So don't worry regarding the same and start preparing for the exam with the basic books like Ncerts .
Good luck
12th August 2019, 09:55 AM
Unregistered

I have finished my 12th last year..& now I'm going to do degree from open university (ycmou) .Am I eligible for giving IAS exam??
26th August 2019, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

I am doing B.com A&F the course for CA students am I eligible for writing IAS exam
17th May 2020, 10:59 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, i am studing open degree and its private universty is here i am eligible to apply ips sir?
17th May 2020, 11:02 PM
udaya bhaskar nayak

Hello sir, I am doing degree open university that was private and i am eligible to apply to ips jobs and any other govt jobs
5th June 2020, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir,iam 12th pass in mpc cours .So iam doing degree in open university .So which course eligible to ias exam easily.
4th June 2021, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Hello Sir, my relative had completed ssc and discontinued intermediate, but he had completed his degree and post graduation in distance education, is he applicable for upsc or group examinations.
7th July 2021, 09:41 PM
Unregistered

I completed my degree from open University ycm u am i able to give upsc exam?
11th July 2021, 10:23 PM
Singhskomal

Education qualification for the civil services examination conducted by UPSC.
You must be graduate in any stream form recognized University.
Professional and technical qualifications recognised by the government are also eligible to apply.
MBBS final or any medical examination but are completed the internship can also appear for the main examination must submit certificate recognized University you passed.
Age limit- 21 years to 32 years
16th July 2021, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Sir am I eligible for IFS (indian foreign service) after the completion of degree in open university
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?