2nd September 2015, 12:21 PM
Unregistered

Which exam I need to apply for to be eligible for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

Sir/Mam,

I am doing diploma in electrical engg from haryana and i'm in last year 5th sem, after completing this engg i want to take admission in b.tech so please tell me is there any exam happened to take admission in b.tech after diploma and what are the requirements...

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for MPSC exam after completion of diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to do BBA course after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?
  3. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  4. What should I do after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  5. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  6. Can I apply for government jobs after completion of Diploma Electrical Engineering from IASE University?
  7. Procedure and eligibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for ECE Diploma student? Percentage required in Diploma to get admission?
  8. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  9. Which is better to study among B.Tech and AMIE after completing Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  10. Can I get admission in degree after completion of diploma in Maharashtra?
  11. Admission in B.E or B.Tech electrical in Rajasthan government engineering college?
  12. Can I get admission in B.Tech/B.E. after 2 years diploma course? How can I get admission in Diploma engineering after CBSE class X board exams?
  13. Can I join B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Diploma in Electrical and Electronics Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How to take admission in AMIE after completion of 3 years diploma in electrical engineering
  15. After completion of diploma in electrical and electronics engineering? Which is a better course to do B.Tech or AMIE
  16. Can I be eligible for taking admission in Petroleum Engineering in Lateral Entry having completed Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  17. How to take admission for Aeronautical Engineering after completion of Electrical Diploma?
  18. Am I eligible for PG Diploma in Canada? For which all streams am I eligible? Required score in IELTS for admission?
2nd September 2015, 07:50 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam I need to apply for to be eligible for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am doing diploma in electrical engg from haryana and i'm in last year 5th sem, after completing this engg i want to take admission in b.tech so please tell me is there any exam happened to take admission in b.tech after diploma and what are the requirements...
After completion of diploma course you are eligible for B.Tech/B.E through Lateral Entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Passed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 60% marks.

(ii)Passed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 60% marks.

(iii)Your age should above 18 years.
2nd September 2015, 10:02 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which exam I need to apply for to be eligible for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering?

To get admission in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear and qualify Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc. which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
3rd September 2015, 03:01 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

List of exams candidate can appear for B.Tech admission after completion of diploma in electrical engineering :

Delhi technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
Kerala University Lateral Entry Exam
KIIT University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
Lateral Entry Entrance Test LEET
LPU NEAT (National Engineering Aptitude Test)
MIT-Manipal BE Lateral Entry Entrance Exam
Mumbai University Lateral Entry Entrance Examination
Punjab Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test (PTU LEET)
UKSEE B.Tech (Lateral Entry) Entrance Exam
Uttarakhand Technical University Lateral Entry Entrance Test
West Bengal University Joint Entrance Exam for Lateral Entry (JELET)

LEET exam is most popular exam.
3rd September 2015, 11:26 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

Yes, after the completion of diploma course, there is an entrance examination called JELET examination, by which a candidate get directly take admission in B.Tech 2nd year.
The requirement is that a candidate should have a minimum of 60% marks in diploma career to give the entrance exam. After clearing the entrance exam, the candidate can take admission in 2nd year of B.Tech.
9th September 2015, 10:58 PM
DSP@1

The exam which you have to apply to get admission into B.Tech after completing your Diploma course in Haryana is 'LEET'.

The eligibility criteria for LEET are as follows.

-Candidate must have complete his/her Diploma from the recognized University/College.
-Candidate must have scored minimum of 45% of marks in his/her Diploma.
-Candidate must have attained minimum of 17 years of age.

Check the criteria first if you met with the requirements then you are eligible for this test.

Wait till the notification to be held once notification is held apply for the test.

Qualify the test with good score and you will given with rank based on the marks you
scored then you will undergo web counselling there you will be allotted seat in your desired college.
10th September 2015, 09:30 PM
Jitu.vide
Member+

Friend, listen carefully...
I completed my diploma in last year and you've same problem like me.
There is no any entrance exam after diploma.
You will get admission to Btech/B.E as direct 2nd year student.
just complete the admission procedure for direct second year engg
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?