30th September 2016, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam while doing diploma course?

Sir/Madam,

I am doing my diploma final. I am going to appear for entrance exam IIT-JEE.I want to join Lateral entry in NIT .Please say me What is procedure its Urgent? Kindly give me all the steps which I have to follow for the same. It will be helpful if you can answer me soon!

30th September 2016, 09:14 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam while doing diploma course?

No, you are not eligible to join NIT or IIT after diploma degree. Candidate passed diploma are not eligible to appear for JEE examination.

JEE examination is conducted in two stages. The candidates have to appear and qualify in both stages for admission in IIT and in Main for NIT.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main paper.

So, you are not eligible for appearing in examination and to get admission in NIT.
30th September 2016, 10:44 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to apply for IIT JEE entrance exam while doing diploma course?

IIT JEE stands for Indian Institute of Technology Joint Entrance Examination and it is conducted in two stages as JEE Main by CBSE and JEE Advanced by IIT.

To get admission in NIT it is necessary that candidate must qualify in JEE Main examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognised board with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry as main paper.

So, with diploma degree you are not eligible to appear for entrance examination and hence not eligible to get admission in NIT.
30th September 2016, 12:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Sorry, to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to get lateral entry admission in NIT through IIT JEE entrance examination. NITs does not offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech course, it offer admissions only to first year of B.Tech course through JEE Main examination for candidates who have completed 12th standard with PCM stream from a recognised board. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT through IIT JEE entrance examination.
30th September 2016, 02:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

There is no provision of admission in NIT through Lateral entry. So, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT.

The only path to get admission in NIT is to appear and qualify in JEE examination. But candidate passed diploma are not eligible to appear for JEE.

But, you are eligible to appear for LEET examination conducted by various other universities for admission in 2nd year b.tech course through lateral entry.
30th September 2016, 03:00 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The admission to National Institute of Technology is given through Joint Entrance Examination rank card. JEE is conducted CBSE and it has two stages JEE Main and JEE advanced. Admission to NIT is given on basis of JEE Main rank and that to IIT is given on JEE Advanced rank.

Diploma candidates are eligible for JEE Main examination only for admission in NITs and other government engineering colleges. Even if candidate qualifies, he can not appear for JEE Advanced exam. For JEE Main exam, minimum of 60% marks in diploma is required. The application form for JEE 2017 will come in December.
30th September 2016, 04:12 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

There is provision of lateral entry for diploma candidates through Joint Entrance Examination Main. JEE has two stages, first stage is JEE Main and second stage is JEE advanced.

*Candidates who qualify JEE Main become eligible for JEE Advanced examination for admission in Indian Institute of Technology.

*You are in final year of diploma, you can apply for JEE Main for admission in National Institute of Technology for Bachelor of Technology course.

*Diploma holders are not eligible for JEE advanced exam. You need to have minimum of 60% marks in diploma to apply for JEE Main.
30th September 2016, 04:45 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in National Institute of Technology after diploma degree.

The candidates passed diploma without 10+2 are not eligible to appear for Joint Entrance Examination which is necessary to appear for examination.

So, you are not eligible for admission.
30th September 2016, 05:18 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

According to me you don't have to appear in general IIT JEE entrance exam. It is for general candidates which are non-diploma holders. You need to fill up forms which is only for Diploma holders. After clearing that very entrance exam you will be eligible to grt admission directly in B.Tech second year.
30th September 2016, 06:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a final year student of diploma in engineering degree you are eligible for appearing in JEE ( Joint Entrance Examination ) on the basis of educational requirement for the same examination.

Also for appearing in same examination your age needs to be under 25 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

But as far as you are concerned about your lateral entry in NIT through JEE then it is not possible for you as JEE ranks are based on the percentile score of Class 12th board examination which will not be available in your case.

For further details about JEE you can log on to the link www.jeemain.nic.in.
30th September 2016, 07:26 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Procedure to apply for Joint Entrance Examination:

Step I: You must wait for notification of Joint Entrance examination to be released by Central Board of Secondary Education. Most probably notification for JEE 2017 will come in December month of this year.

Step II: Diploma candidates are eligible for Joint Entrance Exam Main. Minimum percentage of marks required is 60% in diploma to apply for JEE Main. You can apply for JEE main at its official website.

Step III: Once exam is conducted and result is declared, counselling is conducted and according to your rank, you will get admission in any government engineering college.
1st October 2016, 01:57 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that there is no way to get admission in IIT or NIT after completion of your Diploma via lateral entry or any other such procedure as IITs, NITs do not entertain lateral entry to Diploma holders, you will have to appear and clear IIT JEE entrance test and after scoring well in it, you will be very much eligible to get admission in the course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?