23rd December 2015, 04:27 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission IIT 2nd year?

Hi,

I am pursuing as a student of diploma in electronics and communication.and i am interested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf entracne exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure followed to get admission for Ph.D in IIT?
  2. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  3. Can I get admission through reserved seat in 2nd year B.E after scoring 79.92% in diploma? What is the admission procedure?
  4. Procedure to get admission in 2nd year engineering in IIT Mumbai after doing 1st year from Mumbai Engineering University?
  5. What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission IIT 2nd year? -- [New]
  6. Procedure to apply for Training during winter vacations in IIT, Kanpur for CSE 2nd year student?
  7. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How can I apply for IIT 2nd year B.Tech?
  9. Admission to 2nd year B.Tech in PEC? Procedure and eligibility criteria?
  10. Complete procedure to get admission in 2nd year engineering after diploma?
  11. Will I be able to get admission in top universities of US pursuing 2nd year of BE in Mechanical Engineering? Required procedure for this?
  12. Can I get admission in BSc Hons Maths in 2nd year after scoring 80.8% in 12th? Procedure for the same?
  13. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  14. Admission Procedure for joining Degree course in IIT after Diploma?
  15. How to take admission in direct 2nd year diploma after completing my HSC Electronics? Procedure and the colleges?
  16. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Summer Internship in IIT, Delhi for B.Tech(ECE) 2nd year student?
  17. Procedure to do Internship in NTPC for Mechanical 2nd year student?
  18. Admission procedure to PSG college of Engineering, Coimbatore?
23rd December 2015, 09:49 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission IIT 2nd year?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology and it is premier institute of India for technical courses.

To get admission in B.tech course in IIT, candidates have to qualify in JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted in two stages as Main and Advanced.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination and hence not eligible to get admission in IIT after diploma without 10+2.

You are eligible to pursue course from other institute through LEET examination.
23rd December 2015, 09:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to be followed for getting admission IIT 2nd year?

No, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing your higher studies in B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electronics and Communication Engineering. IIT's does not offer admissions in B.Tech course through Lateral Entry process. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent from a recognised board and those who have appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main and Advance examination can get admission in IIT. Since, you have not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in IIT for purusing B.Tech course.
24th December 2015, 06:13 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

IIT ( Indian Institute of Technology ) offer B.tech/B.E course and to pursue course from IIT candidates have to qualify in JEE examination.

Diploma passed candidates are not eligible to appear for JEE examiantion. So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for B.tech course.

To pursue B.tech course from other government colleges you have to qualify in LEET examination conducted by some of state university such as UPTU, PTU etc...
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?