11th October 2017, 01:35 PM
Unregistered

What should I do after diploma on the basis of 10th?

I am a 2nd year diploma student in chemical engineering. I did diploma after 10th standard did it is good for taking 2 after completing my diploma.

11th October 2017, 05:19 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do after diploma on the basis of 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a 2nd year diploma student in chemical engineering. I did diploma after 10th standard did it is good for taking 2 after completing my diploma.

There are two options available for you after completion of the diploma course. The first option is to study BE / BTech or AMIE course and the other option is to go for a job. There are various jobs available for the diploma holders in government and private sector organizations. You can apply to the companies with your diploma qualification. You can also study engineering graduation through lateral entry mode after completion of a three year diploma course. Diploma candidates are admitted directly to the second year of the BE or BTech course through lateral entry mode. You have to clear the lateral entry entrance examination for the admission.

11th October 2017, 09:11 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Courses to pursue after completion of 10th Class:

There are several courses available to pursue after successful completion of 10th Class. Some of the top course options available are,

>> 12th Class - 10+2 pattern

>> Polytechnic course (Diploma) - 10+3 pattern

So, as you have opted for Polytechnic course I suggest you to continue diploma course in the same stream.

After successful completion of Diploma in Chemical Engineering, you may pursue B.E/ B.Tech in Chemical Engineering.

It's not recommended for you to pursue 12th Class after completion of Diploma course as it is equivalent to 12th Class only. The best course you may with after 3 year diploma course is B.E/ B.Tech.

11th October 2017, 09:33 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As now you are in 2nd year of Chemical Engineering Diploma course hence personally I would like to suggest you to complete your Diploma and after that you can apply for government job otherwise you can also go for BTech in chemical engineering as per your interest by appearing in lateral entry entrance test because if you will qualify IAS entrance test then you will get admission directly in 2nd year of engineering course.

11th October 2017, 10:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Diploma in Chemical Engineering course on the basis of 10th standard, it is best to pursue B.E/ B.Tech course in Chemical Engineering. To get admission for pursuing B.E/ B.Tech course, you have to appear in lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state board of technical education. By qualifying the entrance examination and participating in the counselling process, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college for pursuing B.E/ B.Tech Chemical Engineering course.

12th October 2017, 01:30 PM
kunalroy89

You need not go for 12th after passing Diploma.You can directly go for Engineering Degree i.e. BE/B.Tech after diploma. And on the basis of diploma,you will get admission in December direct 2nd year of Degree.
You can go for 12th after diploma,ONLY, if you want to change stream and go for other courses in Arts,Commerce and Science too.
Otherwise,if you want to remain in Engineering field,no need to go for 12th after Diploma.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?