1st March 2018, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Why many candidates are opting for Diploma courses instead of Higher Secondary after 10th?

Hello, I don’t know why candidates are doing Diploma courses after 10th. I am in class 9th now. What is best for me? taking admission in Diploma or doing Higher Secondary? And also which one has more scope?

Related Questions:
  1. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  2. How much percentage is required for Law? I am a average student
  3. Diploma or Higher Secondary, which is to study after 10th for B.Tech aspirant?
  4. Which is better to study among Higher Secondary and Diploma in Engineering course for a candidate who has secured 87% in 10th?
  5. Which is better among Diploma and Higher Secondary for 10th PSEB student?
  6. Details about the management seats in Gulbarga Medical College? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Medical related diploma courses for candidate who has secured 73% in Higher Secondary?
  8. Which stream should i choose? I have got my interest in cars
  9. Is it better to take admission in both Diploma and Higher Secondary? Detailed information, admission procedure and fee structure of Mechanical Diploma course?
  10. Should I study Hotel Management Diploma course instead of Higher Secondary if completed 10th?
  11. Computer related Diploma courses available for 10th student?
  12. Possibility to study Engineering Diploma through Distance Education along with Higher Secondary?
  13. Whether a candidate is capable of studying Science in Higher Secondary of Maharashtra Board if scored 67% in 10th standard?
  14. Is it necessary to do Higher Secondary to study Diploma in Engineering course?
  15. Is it possible to study Computer Engineer after 10th without doing Higher Secondary?
  16. What is the meaning of PCM?
  17. What should I do among Higher Secondary and Architecture Diploma course to become an Architect being a 10th student?
  18. How can I study Higher Secondary in Australia after completing 10th?
14th March 2018, 05:45 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why many candidates are opting for Diploma courses instead of Higher Secondary after 10th?

Diploma is a technical course. Candidates who are interested in technical courses are mostly inclined towards this course. You should decide what you would like to do after secondary board results.

If you want to pursue degree in engineering later on then diploma will be more suitable otherwise you can pursue 12th from any recognized board of India.
15th March 2018, 01:47 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why many candidates are opting for Diploma courses instead of Higher Secondary after 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello, I don’t know why candidates are doing Diploma courses after 10th. I am in class 9th now. What is best for me? taking admission in Diploma or doing Higher Secondary? And also which one has more scope?

Candidates who are opting for diploma courses instead of higher secondary after 10th standard are only limited. Most of the students prefer higher secondary only. Candidates after completion of higher secondary can join engineering graduation degree courses. Those candidates who are joining diploma courses after 10th standard are less recently. The scope of the BE or BTech candidates are high, so most of them prefer to study BE or BTech after 12th standard. Remaining students after completion of 10+2 can join other degree courses like BA / BSc, etc.
15th March 2018, 09:07 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Look if you want to pursue any technical degree course after completing 10th only then you can go for Diploma courses. Diploma is a career oriented course. After completing higher secondary you have to study Diploma also if you want technical degree.
After Diploma you can go for B.Tech.
And after 10+2 you can go for either Diploma or Graduation in technical or degree course.
Technical degree courses prove to be more career oriented and get jobs easily. On the basis of simply pursuing degree courses then you have to clear competitive examination to get jobs. According to me this may be the reason.
But it totally depends on you that what you want to pursue.

Higher secondary education as well as diploma courses both has good scopes. But these are two different fields.
15th March 2018, 10:14 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Diploma is as good as higher secondary education in terms of years.

They both are equivalent.

But the benefit with diploma is they are job oriented courses.

They make you industry ready by practical training.

That's why more and more candidates are opting for diploma rather than the higher secondary.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?