18th August 2017, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

Can a grandfather be a guarantor of education loan instead of candidate's father? Chances to get education loan without security?

My grand father is retired from TATA Steel factory Bocaro, Jharkhand and getting only five thousand as pension in SBI Account. I want to can he get an education loan of 5 lakh without security for my degree course?

Related Questions:
  1. Chances to get an education loan without guarantor or co-applicant from an authorized banks? How much amount I can get?
  2. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  3. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  4. Is it possible to change the guarantor for educational loan once it is sanctioned?
  5. Procedure to change guarantor for education loan? Eligibility criteria for it?
  6. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  7. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 4.5 Lacs to study B.Tech without security and guarantor?
  8. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  9. Whether an ex-army officer become a guarantor against Education Loan for B.Tech aspirant?
  10. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  11. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  12. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?
  13. My father become a guarantor in the Education Loan if he is a cancer patient and unemployed?
  14. Being a Bank Ex-Officer my father can become a guarantor against Education Loan?
  15. Can I get an education loan without a collateral security? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
  17. Can I get concession in Education loan if my father is a tax paying government employee? -- [New]
  18. Can I get education loan without a guarantor or co-applicant?
29th August 2017, 09:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a grandfather be a guarantor of education loan instead of candidate's father? Chances to get education loan without security?

It depends on the bank and also the earning of your grandfather. Age is a big factor in most of the loans and age of the guarantor will surely have an impact.

If your father is present, then he should become a guarantor because is directly related to you. You can apply with grandfather as a guarantor too, but chances of rejection will be more.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?