15th December 2015, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

Can I get discounted rate of interest in SBI Education Loan through my father who is ICICI bank employee?

Hi,
My father is a Bank employee and I am preparing for CAT. He is an employee of ICICI Bank but I have a Bank Account in SBI. And if I crack CAT then I will apply for Bank Education Loan. Kindly tell me through my father I can get discount in rate of interest?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether rate of interest against an Education Loan is same for all Banks? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
  2. Can I get education loan of 7 lakhs from SBI bank after retirement of my father?
  3. Rate of Interest charged by ICICI Bank for study PGDM course?
  4. Which Bank offered cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  5. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
  6. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  7. Whether the rate of interest against Bank Education Loan is setup by RBI?
  8. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  9. Which Bank offer Education Loan with low interest rate to study B.Tech?
  10. How can I apply to get Education Loan from Indian Bank to study B.Tech? Interest rates charges against Education Loan?
  11. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  12. Can I get exemption in Interest rates of Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST candidate?
  13. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  14. Documents required to submit for Bank Education Loan to study M.Tech? For what period of time I can repay Bank Education Loan? Interest rates charged against it?
  15. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  16. Education Loan from ICICI Bank for study in Canada?
  17. Which Bank provides Education Loan with Low Interest Rate to study B.Tech?
  18. What is rate of interest of Education Loan? On what basis it is applied?
29th May 2016, 10:56 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: Can I get discounted rate of interest in SBI Education Loan through my father who is ICICI bank employee?

You are preparing for CAT exam and want to know whether you will get any discount in rate of interest as your father is an employee of ICICI bank.

>>No, you will not get any discount in rate of interest if you take educational loan form SBI. After qualifying the CAT exam when you apply for educational loan you will not get any benefit as your father is an ICICI employee. You have to follow the same procedure and have to pay the same rate of interest as other pay.

>>In my opinion you have to open an account in ICICI bank and then apply for educational loan. It will be more beneficial for you as your father is an ICICI employee.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?