28th June 2016, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

How to apply for an Education Loan as a brother on behalf of my sister?

Sir,
My sister got admission for B.Ed curse in Chennai. She has done B.Sc(Mathematics). I as her brother want to apply for Bank Education Loan for her B.Ed course. Kindly let me know how can I apply in Bank Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?
  2. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  3. Can I apply for Education Loan for my brother’s education if having no IT file and Mortgage?
  4. Can I apply for an Education Loan without any property mortgage for brother's Abroad studies?
  5. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  6. Can my father apply for an education loan if already taken an education loan for my sister's studies?
  7. Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  8. Can I apply for Education Loan on the same property in which my brother has already taken?
  9. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  10. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  11. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  12. Should I have to pay the loan amount for decades under Education Loan scheme?
  13. What kind of benefits I will get to apply for Bank Education Loan for studying B.Tech being a female candidate?
  14. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  15. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  16. Can I apply for an Education Loan for my brother's higher studies if taken Home Loan last year?
  17. Is it possible to apply for an Education Loan to study MS in Abroad for a candidate whose brother is an NRI?
  18. Can my brother-in-law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed] -- [New]
30th June 2016, 08:18 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for an Education Loan as a brother on behalf of my sister?

You can definitely apply for education loan on behalf of your sister as a co-borrower of the loan provided you have a stable source of income. When your sister gets admission call for B.Ed course, you along with your sister needs to approach a bank near your residence for education loan . Your sister's presence is essential for education loan application. Approach the branch manager with loan request and you can be the co-borrower for the education loan. Get to know all the terms and conditions of education loan scheme along with the norms which you both need to follow. Comply with the terms and conditions and act as per instructions from bank to get the education loan request sanctioned.
30th June 2016, 01:51 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to apply for an Education Loan as a brother on behalf of my sister?

You can obtain education loan form from any bank from which you are interested to take education loan in order to fund education of your sister. You can be co borrower along with your sister but education loan can be issued only in name of candidate for whose education, loan is required.

The application form will need signatures of your sister and other personal details. Along with application form, you need to have certain other documents like proof of address, proof of identity, pan card of both of you, loan letter from college containing fee structure and other details of college.

Central government has launched education loan portal. You can directly apply for education loan to multiple banks. For more details, visit https://www.vidyalakshmi.co.in/Students/.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?