7th June 2016, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

Hello Sir, My Name is Anjali Agarwal and I am studying my Graduation from Pune and would like to pursue my MBA from Mumbai. I would like to apply for an Education Loan for that purpose. My Dad is expired a couple of years back and my Mom is a housewife. I have an elder brother who is the earning member of our family. So can I keep him as my Guarantor for applying my Education Loan.

Related Questions:
  1. Can my brother become a guarantor against an Education Loan if my father is unemployed?
  2. Can I make my Brother a Guarantor while applying for an Education Loan?
  3. Whether my father can become Guarantor for Education Loan if my brother is studying MBA through Education Loan?
  4. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor against an Education Loan if he is non-resident of Kolkata?
  5. Is it possible to show Brother-in-Law's IT file as a guarantor instead of father to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  6. Is it possible to present my Brother-In-Law as a Guarantor to apply for Education Loan due to my father's death?
  7. Can my Brother-in-Law become guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?
  8. Whether my Brother-In-Law can become a guarantor for an education loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Whether my sister become Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan if my father died?
  10. Is it possible to make my Brother-In-Law a guarantor against an education loan if my father died?
  11. Is my friend eligible to become a guarantor for my brother's Education Loan?
  12. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  13. What is the role of a Guarantor to apply for Bank Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Guarantor is eligible to get Education Loan for studying MBBS?
  15. Can I apply for Education Loan for my brotherÂ’s education if having no IT file and Mortgage?
  16. Whether a 3rd Party Guarantor must be an Account Holder of Bank for taking Education Loan? Is documents necessary to show by the Guarantor? A retired person can be a Guarantor?
  17. Can I apply for an Education Loan without any property mortgage for brother's Abroad studies?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan to study MBA without any Guarantor being an Orphan?
7th June 2016, 08:43 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

Yes, your elder brother can be a Guarantor to apply for your Education loan. Anyone who takes care of the Guardian can become a Guarantor. The Guarantor must be a working employee with at least 20000 to 30000 rupees salary per month. In addition, he must have salary slips as a proof that he is receiving income. If he does not have salary slips even though he is an earner, he is not eligible to be a Guarantor for your education loan. Since, your elder brother is working and if he has salary slips, he is eligible to be a Guarantor for your Education Loan.
8th June 2016, 06:03 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Whether my elder can brother become a Guarantor to apply for an Education Loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, My Name is Anjali Agarwal and I am studying my Graduation from Pune and would like to pursue my MBA from Mumbai. I would like to apply for an Education Loan for that purpose. My Dad is expired a couple of years back and my Mom is a housewife. I have an elder brother who is the earning member of our family. So can I keep him as my Guarantor for applying my Education Loan.

Yes, you can make your brother as Guarantor or a co-applicant of the education loan. The co-applicant should be working individual from any government or private sector companies. The co-applicant should have very good employment record. The co-applicant should have good employment record with minimum 2 years in employment and at least 1 year in the current organization. So you can make him as a guarantor, you can contact the bank near your house for more details.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?