18th July 2016, 01:50 PM
Unregistered

Is it necessary to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education Loan in Bank of Baroda?

Respected Sir/Madam,
My son wants to study his B.Tech in Delhi. I as his father allowed him but we need to get an Education Loan from Bank. So, I would like to know that getting an Education Loan from Bank of Baroda Life Insurance of a candidate is necessary? Please tell me as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I apply for an Education Loan in Andhra Bank with Life Insurance Policy to study Abroad?
  2. Can I put my Life Insurance Policy to apply for Education Loan?
  3. Is it necessary to submit Life Insurance Policy to apply for an Education Loan in UCO Bank?
  4. Insurance Policy offered in Indian Bank for Education Loan borrowers? Advantages of this Policy?
  5. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  6. Can I get an education loan from Bank of Baroda having 95.2% in AP IPE?
  7. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  8. Can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs against Life Insurance Policy to study MS in Germany?
  9. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study MS(HRD) in The University of Central Lancashire, UK if working in Dubai being an Indian? How much amount of Education Loan will be sanctioned without Guarantor?
  10. Can I apply for an Education Loan against Mutual Funds and Life Insurance Policy to study MS(Human Resource Management) in London?
  11. Benefits of Bank of Baroda Education Loan for B.Tech course
  12. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  13. Education Loan scheme of Bank of Baroda to study B.Tech course?
  14. Moratorium tenure of Bank of Baroda Education Loan for Abroad studies?
  15. Whether Indian Bank offer Life Insurance coverage under its Education Loan scheme? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Whether assistantship includes in margin of Bank of Baroda Education Loan scheme?
  17. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of Health Insurance policy? Amount of policy required for it? -- [New]
  18. Whether my LIC Policy dissolves after applying for Corporation Bank Education Loan against it?
20th July 2016, 10:32 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education Loan in Bank of Baroda?

There is no such requirement for education loan. Life insurance policy act as a security for education loan and if you don't have them also it doesn't matter.

Things like fixed deposits, funds and insurance policies can act as security in support of the the education loan. Those helps in getting rid of the requirement of guarantor.
20th July 2016, 10:41 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it necessary to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education Loan in Bank of Baroda?

No, there is no need to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education loan from Bank of Baroda. If you need to get an Education loan of more than Rs. 7.5 lakhs, you have to submit collateral security documents such as lands, buildings, etc.,. The Collateral Security document value should be equal to the loan amount. But, there is no need to have Life Insurance Policy to get an Education loan from Bank of Baroda.
21st July 2016, 12:38 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

No, it is not necessary to have a life insurance policy in order to take education loan. You can definitely opt for education loan without any life insurance. Usually banks ask for life insurance policy to be embedded with the education loan so that if anything happens to the student, the bank can approach the insurance company. Usually for less loan amount and less period, there is no requirement of opting for insurance compulsorily. However, having LIC is ideal as it helps in getting the process completed in very less time.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?