10th October 2016, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

Security deposit against an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank?

Can I know what kind of security I have to deposit for getting an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank? I would like to know about the security deposit of this Bank Education Loan policy. Kindly tell me asap.

Related Questions:
  1. Security deposit required to apply for an Education Loan in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur?
  2. Can I get an Education Loan without security deposit to study B.Tech?
  3. Details of security deposit under Education Loan scheme of Corporation Bank?
  4. Is it beneficial to apply for an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank for MBA course?
  5. Comparison between Education Loan of IndusInd and ICICI Banks? Which one is better?
  6. What kind of security is demanded under Education Loan scheme of Bank of Maharashtra?
  7. Can I apply for an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank for my son's education? Expenses covered under this Education Loan policy?
  8. What is the interest rates charged by IndusInd Bank against Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad?
  9. Is processing fee available in IndusInd Bank Education Loan? How much amount is charged?
  10. Criteria to get high amount education loan for Pilot training in London?
  11. Possibility to apply for an education loan in security of PF account? -- [New]
  12. How can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 5 Lacs without security deposit to study B.Sc in Denmark?
  13. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. What is the margin for an Education Loan of Rs. 4.7 Lacs in South Indian Bank?
  15. Eligibility to apply for an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank? Interest rates charges under this Education Loan?
  16. What I have to deposit as a security against an Education Loan of Rs. 25 Lacs to do Commercial Pilot Training in USA?
  17. Will I be not applicable for an Education Loan with bad credit history having a credit card?
  18. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank?
13th October 2016, 10:18 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Security deposit against an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank?

Amount of Education loan has been classified into three parts:

*Education loan for amount below 4.5 lacs rupees: There is no need of guarantor or collateral.

*For loans above 4.5 lacs and below 7.5 lacs. Guarantor is needed along with student as applicant and parent as co applicant.

*For loans of amount above 7.5 lacs, collateral is needed. Collateral means a security pledge for repayment of loan. It can be fixed deposit of amount decided by bank, commercial land papers, LIC bond papers, house valuation certificates etc.
13th October 2016, 10:46 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Security deposit against an Education Loan in IndusInd Bank?

The security deposit depends on the amount of education loan you are seeking. It also depends on the location of your study - in India or in abroad. The security deposit is a certain percentage of the total education loan amount. The security margin is given below.

- Upto 4 lakhs - Nil
- Between 4 and 7.5 lakhs - 5℅ for study in India and 15℅ for study in abroad.
- Above 7.5 lakhs - 10℅ for study in India and 20℅ for study in abroad along with mortgage of property.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?