12th July 2016, 07:52 PM
Unregistered

Is there any penalty on failing to pay EMI on time under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much penalty has to be paid?

Hi Friends,
I am going to get an Education Loan for my MBA course. I am going to pay my EMI just after completing my MBA. I am getting an Education Loan from Allahabad Bank. Can I know that if I fail to pay an EMI on time then I have to fine a penalty? If yes, then what percent?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I have to pay penalty after failing to pay Education Loan EMI on time?
  2. What penalty is imposed if interest is not paid on time under State Bank of Travancore Education Loan scheme?
  3. What is Pre-Payment Penalty in a Bank Education Loan scheme?
  4. Whether tax is included in EMI under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much tax is included? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How much amount has to be paid as a late fine of EMI under Education Loan scheme of Axis Bank? -- [New]
  8. How much monthly EMI will be paid against Education Loan amount of Rs. 8.75 Lacs in Indian Overseas Bank? How many months of EMI is available in this Bank?
  9. How many months of EMI to pay against Rs. 8.7 Lacs Loan in State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur? How much EMI to pay?
  10. Education Loan scheme of Allahabad Bank to study MS in Germany? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. Repayment mode under Education Loan scheme of Federal Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Possibilities to take an education loan against car whose EMI is not fully paid?
  13. Subsidy scheme under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme?
  14. Details of State Bank of India EMI scheme against Education Loan for study MBA?
  15. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Procedure and documents required to apply for education loan? What will be the interest rate and what kind of EMI will be deducted?
  17. How to calculate EMI of Loan amount of Rs. 6.5 Lacs at 5% interest rates under 5 years of tenure?
  18. Allahabad Bank did not waived off interest amount as per government announcement? What is the EMI of Initial Amount of 350000, with 11.75% interest rate?
15th July 2016, 07:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any penalty on failing to pay EMI on time under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much penalty has to be paid?

Yes, if you fail to pay EMI on time the compounded interest will be charged on next EMI. Means the amount to be paid will increase every time you miss the due date to pay.

Hence, make sure you pay on time to avoid any inflated interest rates on EMI. It will create problems for you financially.
15th July 2016, 08:57 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any penalty on failing to pay EMI on time under Allahabad Bank Education Loan scheme? How much penalty has to be paid?

Yes, there will be penalty if you do not pay EMIs on time. The penalty depends on the concerned bank from which you have taken education loan. Usually you need to pay additional interest as penalty if you miss any EMI. For most of the banks including Allahabad Bank, you need to pay penal interest at the rate of 2% for the overdue amount and the overdue time of repayment.
12th October 2018, 12:57 AM
Unregistered

I have taken education loan for my MBA from Allahabad bank. But i fail to pay my installment against my loan so what will be the penalty?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?