11th May 2012, 03:33 PM
tyler_durdun

Default Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Hiiiiiii,
BCCA course had a wide scope in future and had a better opportunities for students.
The best option after BCCA is to get admission in MCA course.
After your course You can go for MBA and M.COM and also B.Com.
So if BCCA pass out(you) are interested in IT or software field, You have to have join MCA course in reputed university. MCA degree is equivalent to B.E from computer science from hiring point of view for most of IT companies.

Related Questions:
11th May 2012, 08:39 PM
a444

Computer science may or may not be engineering. It is only engineering if it is taught out of an engineering department.

As to which branch is best, there is no real answer, as engineering jobs vary greatly even within a given discipline. The better question is what branch will you be the best at. Generally this is whatever you are most interested in. If you do what you love, you will be way better at it.
12th May 2012, 11:55 AM
rachender singh

Thumbs up Re: Which engineering branch is best?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i have passed 12 with 73%. which branch should i choose now for enginnering?
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
here i m giveing a list wshich to chose
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
plz suggest me about which suld be choose and why?
hello friend,
You have got a good %age in +2. you can easily get admission in PTU in engineering . there are a no. of branches in engineering that you can choose. out of your desired i will suggest you to take IT as your engineering course.
because in coming years there is a large scope of IT . according to government policy in comming 5 years there are about 10,000 vacancies are available in it field.
so, this will be best for you.
good luck
15th May 2012, 07:39 PM
Unregistered

i wanna take cse in b.tech..so plz any 1 can say dat wat we can do on our own with cse after finishing our b.tech??
15th May 2012, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

i wanna take cse in b.tech so plz any 1 can say wat i can do on my own after finishing b.tech in cse??
19th May 2012, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

i have got 250 rank in this year wbjee, expecting cse,me or ee in jadavpur university. but i dont want 2 get cse because i want to keep open the scope of govt job also.now please tell me IN DETAILS SYLLABUS, CAMPUSSING IN JU, JOB PROSPECT( BOTH IN PRIVATE & GOVT SECTOR) & ALSO TELL WHICH CORE TRADE HAS MORE CHANCE IN GOVT SECTOR......THANK YOU
30th May 2012, 11:13 PM
Unregistered

SIR MY NAME IS VIJETA SINGH,I PASSED MY 12 SCORING 66% INTERESTED 2 DO ENGG WITH MECHANICAL BRANCH.BUT AT HOME PARENTS R SAYING DAT HARDWORK IS THERE ALOT IN DIS FIELD AND SAYING ITS NOT DA FIELD OF GIRLS .PARENTS AS WELL AS OTER R SAYING DAT CHOOS AGRICULTR ENGG BCOZ IT HAS BETTR JOB OPPERTUNITY DAN MECHANICAL.SIR PLZZZ SUGGEST ME WHICH BRANCH I SHOULD CHOOSE
31st May 2012, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Each branch is good.
But one thing I can say.That is IT engineering will give you more and fast job opportunities.
Mechanical engineering is mostly opted by boys.
Aeronautical is also good for them.
But we can select any engineering branch according to our wish.
Best of luck to all my friends..................
8th June 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

which subject should be strong for civil engineering?
9th June 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Hello Sir....

I Had cleared my twelth board examinations with 83%..

I had got 4222 rank in MP PET 2012..

i need your suggestion.. Which branch should i choose for my career.. nd why..?

I had pretty gud intrst in physics.. I HaD scored 92 in physics in 12th..

Is there any branch where we can apply physics Concepts whick make me easy to get my command ovr its subjects.?

Plz reply soon!!
9th June 2012, 11:10 AM
asatish2312
Junior Member+

Hi friend ,
As there are many groups in engineering u have chance to select only one group ,so select one which u are interested . In my view core (civil, mech, eee) branches are evergreen .
So go for a core branch
9th June 2012, 02:35 PM
mnbgvs

Quote:
Getting oil tech /textile engg in top colege wat is the scope of these for a girl when comparison to cs/ece/iT/EE
hi friend,
there is every brach have good opportunity but you can do in good

colleges and do hard work for get the good % marks

mainly you can choose ECE, EEE,MECHANICAL,AUTOMOBILE, COMPUTER SCIENCE GORUPS..

ALL THE BEST...
9th June 2012, 02:37 PM

hi,

first of all i would like to congrats you for 73% , i think ECE would be good branch for future prospects ,but my friend try to focus yourself first thinking about the branch selection for your engineering because all the mentioned branches by you in your question are all good you try to opt a branch in which you think i am good now to study further means if you are interested in circuits wires tranformers etc then you go for electrical branch or if you think i am good in computers then you choose computer science engineering or IT branch ,if you are interested in motors vehicle and machines then you go for mechanical ,

~~AKSHAY~~
11th June 2012, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i got 57 marks in mht-cet which brnch can i get in nagpur university ?
13th June 2012, 07:55 PM
Unregistered

which branch should i choose between EE AND EEE
14th June 2012, 01:31 PM
rockstarrocks

HI dear,

Its just so simple dear........
No one suggest you to take this branch or another branch.......
It is only depend on you and your interest.

1.Computer Science & Engineering
If you want to do something new in computer, if you always experiment with your computer, are you strong enough in mathematics and logic making skills then go for this branch.

2.Electrical & Electronics
Have you ever open your switch board and repair it ,do you want to know the functioning of your home electrical appliances, are u interested in sensors & transistor then go for this.

3.Mechanical & production Engineering

If you are intersted in bike and cars design, if you like to make some new mechanism , if you like to use your engineering skills for a common man life then choose this branch. This branch require a real hard work.This is called evergreen branch ,now a days there are a lot of job opportunity and money in this sector if you have talent and ready to work hard.

4. Civil Engineering
If you are interested in building making, have you ever think how this can be done after seeing a building then this branch is for you.
If you are hardworking and talented then there are a lot of opportunity in this sector.

If you are little interested in IT then go for this branch because now a days this branch gets high placement percentage and you definetly like IT worka.

Thanks
14th June 2012, 03:48 PM
Unregistered

sir,my name is akash goswami ..just passed my 12 class with 70%.I am very puzzled which branch to choose and really dont know which branch having good scope.please suggest me what to do? how would i know my interest in various branches.. also suggest me the difference between electrical engineering and ECE and also EEE....PLEASE advice me soon at: [email protected]
15th June 2012, 08:14 AM
abcxyzlenovo2
Member+

Mechanical branch which ig going in a smooth manner for some of the years..it is a good branch which gives you the knowledge about the machine.
Chemical branch which is also good if you are interested in the subject chemistry..But there is also bright future for this like you can join any chemical based company or Investigating Bureau..
ECE branch which you can say the best branch in an engineering college..
19th June 2012, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

which branch is better in ece and mechenical plz suggest me
19th June 2012, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Which group I select to have good future mechanical or ece
19th June 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i got 62% in 12th......so which is d bst branch for me whether e.c.e or c.s.e...?
19th June 2012, 07:45 PM
padhakudkt

all choice is great!
but i would like to suggest you that dont go the advice!
its heavenly depend on you and your interests!
just be calm and go through your interest!
21st June 2012, 01:26 PM
Unregistered

hi,
could u pls help me out quickly in one day as i have to fill the choice in aieee conselling
which one to chose iiit-allahabad(amethi campus) with it branch OR NIT-SILCHAR with mechanical
i have little inclination towards mech.
23rd June 2012, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

i am doing my 12th and hope to score about 90 percent. What trade should i choose?? I am confused what to choose.. CS mechanical or electronics??
23rd June 2012, 03:17 PM
archanagalenka

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidh View Post
friend ,
u can go for mechanical thats scope will never end. ec is also give competition to mechanical, civil is also gud as it also have govt jobs, but dont go for IT as nower days its demand is high but u cant guess about its losing scope.. so don't give achance of confusion.

There are many course to carry out in B.Tech Engineering course...

-> The top courses which can be carried out in B.Tech is as follows....

-> Electronics and Communication Engineering.

-> Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

-> Computer Science and Engineering.

-> Mechanical Engineering.

-> Aeronautical Engineering.

-> Civil Engineering.

-> Bio - Infomatics.

-> BioTechnology.

-> Food Processing.

-> The above all courses are really good... one thing which you have to keep in mind before selecting the course is your interest in it...

-> Many will suggest that some of the engineering course is good and other 's are bad, but it's your future which you have to decide of selecting the course..

-> If you take up the course which you are interested in then for sure you will excel in your future..

-> You might have a question in your mind now saying that how can i find the interest in course when i don't know anything about the course??.. now here you need some time to explore the courses which is given above and know about it and select the one which you are interested in....

-> As you have said that you want to go out for doing PG course there is demand for every course after finishing B.Tech.. So first finish your B.Tech course well and then plan well for your future...

-> Any more queries feel free to leave a post in our forum..
23rd June 2012, 03:56 PM
artigoyal52

hi dear,
There are many branches under engineering:
1.Chemical Engineerings:
Materials Engineering
Procees Engineering
Moleculer Enineering
biomoleculer Engineering

2.Civil Engineering:
Geotechnical Engineering
Structural Engineering
Transporation Engineering
Enviornmental Engineering

3.Electrical Engineering
Electronic Engineering
Computer Engineering
Power Engineering
Optical Engineering

4.Mechanical Engineering
vehicle Engineering
Manufacturing Engineering
Thermal Engineering
Acoustical Engineering

Others are:
Industrial Engineering
Applied Engineering
Biological Enginering
Nucler Engineering

You should go in branch according to your interests.So select your interest and go according to that.
Good Luck
23rd June 2012, 06:57 PM
aatif1

The core engineering streams are:-
1)Mechanical engineering
2)Civil Engineering
3)Electrical engineering
4)Electronics and communication engineering

When I talk about core engineering streams then automatically it means that these streams are the best among the others because these streams have a very wide area of application and if you want to appear for exams like IES(indian engineering service), then you have to be a student of core engineering otherwise you have to prepare all over again after your B.Tech for IES.

However i would also like to give you an advice that if you want to opt for core engineering streams then you should either go to a government universities or a good reputed private colleges. The reason being that out of the total companies coming to india, only 10%-15% are core companies. These companies straight away go to colleges like IITs, NITs, SRM Chennai, Jadavpur University, AMU. Hence they dont even look at ordinary private colleges of various states. So if you are doing core engineering from a private college then you should not depend on college campussing for jobs.

But if you are doing either computer science and engineering or information technology from a private college then you will be on the safe side.

best of luck!!!
24th June 2012, 10:15 AM
jyoti91

Hello Friend

If you want to do something new in computer, if you always experiment with your computer, are you strong enough in mathematics and logic making skills then go for this branch.

Have you ever open your switch board and repair it ,do you want to know the functioning of your home electrical appliances, are u interested in sensors & transistor then go for this.

If you are intersted in bike and cars design, if you like to make some new mechanism , if you like to use your engineering skills for a common man life then choose this branch. This branch require a real hard work.This is called evergreen branch ,now a days there are a lot of job opportunity and money in this sector if you have talent and ready to work hard.

4. Civil Engineering
If you are interested in building making, have you ever think how this can be done after seeing a building then this branch is for you.
If you are hardworking and talented then there are a lot of opportunity in this sector.

If you are little interested in IT then go for this branch because now a days this branch gets high placement percentage and you definetly like IT worka.

Good luck

thank you
24th June 2012, 11:38 AM
omkar8

according to me ECE is the best choice.
if you have good interest in Digital systems then better go for ECE.
According to my research ECE. students are placed most
24th June 2012, 04:46 PM
babu91

hello Friend

4. Civil Engineering

Good luck

thank you
24th June 2012, 06:20 PM
vivekmani0007

hello friends....

i think mechanical
and civil is best because of vacancy

best of luck from my side .........i think this helpful for u
thanksssssssssss
24th June 2012, 08:55 PM
cenahlr

hi,
In present era agricultural engineering is best as compare to other engineering.

For more,
http://hau.ernet.in
28th June 2012, 11:00 AM
Unregistered

Is there good job oppurtunities for students of Chemical Engineering?
30th June 2012, 10:07 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend ,

This is a very common questions which many students ask as they cannot decide the best branch for them .

Friend , no need to worry about this as i would like to tell you that you can give the answer of this question most perfectly than anyone else because you have to go for engineering and you have to decide that whether in which branch you have the most interest and you can perform well in that very branch.

I just want to tell you that keep your mind calm and think that in which branch you can give your most and after selecting that very exam , definitely go for that.

Otherwise , here i have listed the top branches in engineering :

* Mechanical Engineering

* Computer Science Engineering

* Electronics & Communication Engineering

* Electronics & Electrical Engineering

* Civil Engineering.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
3rd July 2012, 12:34 AM
Unregistered

hi I'm pavan kumar dhruv
I wanna do my engineering, suggest me a branch from ece , eee, mech....in which I wil have bright future..........reply needed urgently I'm in a little hurry plz....
3rd July 2012, 10:18 PM
Unregistered

Hi,i complete inter with 95%.but i dont know about the branches of engineering.plz tel me about the branches and its future appearence...........send me the answer to my mail"[email protected]"plz......thankq
5th July 2012, 02:38 PM
Unregistered

which branch in engg gets the hichest package???
6th July 2012, 10:17 PM
Unregistered

sir, i have a doubt that as per this generation ece is the top group when compared to other groups but my doubt is that in placements ece students will be prefered first is that true??
9th July 2012, 06:17 PM
Unregistered

sir i want admsn for b.tec which trade is best scope in next 4-5 year's
Civil enngineering
Mechnical enngineering
9th July 2012, 08:12 PM
gokuls1

hheeyyy dearrr,
All branches are good in their own way .The only thing engineering need is your interest and brain..But according to market scenario these branches are good to option because of really available jobs:

a. Computer science engineering or IT engineering
b. Mechanical engineering
c. Electrical engineering
d. Electronics and telecommunication engineering
e. Civil engineering
f.Aeronautical engineering
Dont think that one branch is less than other all are best.The only thing you need to do it from recognized institute n university...

BEst Luckk..!!!
26th July 2012, 04:03 PM
chetan123naik

Hi,

EC is a brillant branch u can opt it if you like to study all about electronic systems(such as computers)...Even in the view of getting job EC is the best.(most EC graduates land up in software industries)..there is a good scope for higher stdudies..

MECH is a evergreen trade..u will be studying all about machines...there is no problem in securing a job after completing it but What I feel is If u get u Btech in mech then higher studies will be vwery much helpful (you can opt aernoutical engineering for higher studies).....

CS is all about computer software(not hardware)..u may opt it if u are good at mathematical logics.....scope for job is also good ...

Chemical engineering is good but exposure to chemicals in industries(after completing the degree) may be hazardous....
26th July 2012, 05:59 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

ECE is the best branch now a days as with Electronics & communication graduation you can apply in the following as under-

1.Telecom services as junior telecom officer or telecom technical officer posts in
BSNL
MTNL
and other telecom services

2.You can apply for Indian Engineering Services
Through this you can become an engineer in government departments

3.You can try for research jobs in
BHEL
ISRO
NTPC
DRDO

4. you can apply for technical posts in
Defense sector
Indian police service
Railway recruitment board

It has been stated that in the coming next 10 years the communication sector tend to produce about 10000 jobs for the ece student and also benn in ece you can go or psu(public sector units ) .psu are the government own companies like ntpsc ongc ,bhel any many more there are totall 9 psu in india, to get selected for gate u need to first clear gate (graduate aptitude test in engineering) ater clearing gate the companies will called you directly for interview and once you are selected your life will be secure .
26th July 2012, 07:19 PM
Unregistered

sir,

i had opted for civil engg.
is dis trade is benificial as my dad is also an engg(civil). in govt. sector..!!
can i think of opening a buisness after my graduation ..!! ??
26th July 2012, 07:27 PM
mani 99888

hello sir,

I had opted for civil Eng. ,
so, i want to know whether dis trade would be beneficial for me.
My Father is also an Eng.(civil), so, i want to open my own business after completing my graduation..!!!!
31st July 2012, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

sir
My is R.Sumanjali i have passed intermediate with 90% i want know which branch is best for govt. jobs for girls
31st July 2012, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

i got 52% marks in intermidiat so which branch is best for me in engineering
1st August 2012, 12:02 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Best Engineering Courses :

Aeronautical Engineering
Agricultural Engineering
Automobile Engineering
Bio medical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Computer Science Engineering
Dairy Technology
Electrical Engineering
Electronics & Communication Engineering
\Food Technology
Genetic Engineering
Information Technology
Marine Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
Mining Engineering
Robotic Engineering
10th August 2012, 11:39 AM
darkstarlegend

Quote:
sir
i have passed 12 with 73%. which branch should i choose now for enginnering?
i want to choose a branch which will have a good scope in coming 2 or 3 years.but i dont know which suld be choosen.
here i m giveing a list wshich to chose
1 ece
2 chemical
3 cse
4 it
5 mecinacal
plz suggest me about which suld be choose and why?
i would prefer cse ist then ece reason:- cse has many core companies where else ece has few compnies and almost every company that will come for college placement is likely to be software. Any way avoid IT if u want to try for armyIT branch is not considered technical branch
12th August 2012, 10:13 PM
yogesh8955347778

mechanical & civil is a evergreen trade. there are always chances of getting job in private as well as public sector for mechanical civil students. chemical and electronics and communication engineering are also providing better jobs but computer science and information technology are having no future.

and which branch you like you will do b.tech
your choice is important
13th August 2012, 12:48 AM
randeephooda.2012

Hi dear,

4. Civil Engineering

Thanks
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?