26th October 2011, 07:23 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: How can i join army? I am a computer engineer

helo sir/madam.... I am 21yr old, in 1st of b.a. from mumbai university and doing software enge. from an private institute.... I have completed n.c.c. from army wing 3yrs training and passed with 'b' grade in 2009. Sir/madam i want to join indian army for officer.... I am confused about my age and the age limit needed to be in indian army.... Plz guide....
30th October 2011, 06:41 PM
vinay21feb
Senior Member+++

hi,
yes, you are eligible to go in navy and airforce.its requier graduation with minimum
60% in any field as girls are only for the post of officer.You can begin your Air Force joining process, by sending in IAF your application for the relevant branch. They will scan your application,After which they are given a short service commission as officers and posted at any of the Air Force Stations.
all the best....

Read: What are the job opportunities for girls in Airforce/Navy? Am I eligible after completing B.Tech course? 2011 http://educationcareer.in/what-job-opportunities-girls-airforce-navy-am-i-eligible-after-completing-b-tech-course-10157.html#ixzz1cGRIhsrH
31st October 2011, 01:21 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

You can join army,navy and airforce also.

You can join army in there technical as well as logistic cadre.

There are several modes of entry scheme for you.

CDS: combined defence service,you can enter to army by cracking CDS exam conducted by upsc twice every year,provided you have'nt crossed the age limit of 23 years.

UES: through university entry scheme,which is conducted every year for entry into all defence services.

SSC: short service commission,specialy for engineers and pilots for the term of 10 years which is extendable upto 14 years and later on permanent commission.

besides these various vacancies are released in employment news every yera.

Also keep visiting the Indian Army's official website- http://www.indianarmy.gov.in

NOTE: for joining defence services you must be medically fit in all respect,and also entry to any of the aboved mentioned scheme is based on your overall performance including exams conducted for them.

Thanks
22nd December 2011, 11:08 PM
SAMRAT2011
Member+

To join in army you should have to apply for cds exam.
Cds stands for centre for development studies .
Subjects for cds exam:-
1.math
2.english
3.gk

for cds exam there is a age limit between 19 years-23 years.
Cds exam cunducted by upsc.
2nd May 2012, 09:52 PM
chandu9191

to join indian army you have to fulfill these basic criterias:

1)you should be less than 23 years old.
2)you should be medically sound.

after you fulfill these criterias you can then give the following exams to join indian army:

1)CDSE: it is an exam conducted for graduates by UPSC twice an year and can get more information from :
www.upsc.gov.in

2)UES and SSC: these are the exams conducted by indian army and you can get more information for these enteries from:
http://indianarmy.nic.in/Index.aspx?flag=LfcULYFlbeQ=
3rd May 2012, 11:28 PM
indu_sarabhai

Yes off course you can become an Army officer after completing B.Sc in computer science.Actually the minimum qualification that is required to be
qualified in order to appear for the various defense services examinations(except NDA(National defense Academy) and the examinations that is required to be qualified in order to
be a jawan) is that the candidate must have a graduation degree from a recognized university.So, for directly appearing for CDS, SSC, etc or any other such defense
examination, you have to firstly complete your graduation and then you can appear for the same.
10th June 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Now I am doing B.SC in computer science(not completed yet)....3 year bachelor degree from recognized Calcutta University.So can any one join or eligible for any exam of the Indian Army's at any post after graduate in B.SC computer science?My main question is where can i fit in Indian Army?What are the exam should i give?Please mention them.Thanks.Your answer will help me a lot.
15th June 2012, 09:48 PM
tl.com

hi dear,
You can join army,navy and airforce also.

You can join army in there technical as well as logistic cadre.

There are several modes of entry scheme for you.

CDS: combined defence service,you can enter to army by cracking CDS exam conducted by upsc twice every year,provided you have'nt crossed the age limit of 23 years.

UES: through university entry scheme,which is conducted every year for entry into all defence services.

SSC: short service commission,specialy for engineers and pilots for the term of 10 years which is extendable upto 14 years and later on permanent commission.

besides these various vacancies are released in employment news every yera.

Also keep visiting the Indian Army's official website- http://www.indianarmy.gov.in

NOTE: for joining defence services you must be medically fit in all respect,and also entry to any of the aboved mentioned scheme is based on your overall performance including exams conducted for them.
Best of luck
thanks
12th May 2013, 02:27 PM
Unregistered

I'm doing my BS.c in animation, hw can i join indian military.......???????????? plz suggest me
9th March 2014, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, i have qualified 2 in commerce nd i too have diploma in computer hardware nd networking can u tell me tha way to get entry in indain army nd airfoce

my email. id [email protected]
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?