27th February 2011, 07:29 PM
danish_khurana

Smile Re: Should I take a drop year after 12th or not?

no you should not take a drop year after 12th.

it can harm your studies.

if you pass, its very good.

but if you don't so your one year will be wasted.

GOOD LUCK............

Related Questions:
  1. Should I drop a year to prepare for SAT and study BS in Abroad?
  2. Does I have to reappear in 12th Board exam if drop a year for JEE Main?
  3. Should I drop a year to continue 12th if dropped out in 1st term examination of 12th CBSE?
  4. Should I drop a year to appear in Improvement exam of 12th WBCHSE Board?
  5. Eligibility to appear in TCS On-Campus Interview for a candidate with academic gaps?
  6. What should I prefer either write IIT JEE/AIEEE with my 12th or drop for 1 am an average student, having 66% marks in 12th. Currently I am studying in 12th
  7. Any problem in placements for students who drop one year after 12th for entrance exams preparation?
  8. Chances of getting placements after 1 year drop?
  9. Will it be a problem for me to get a job in private companies coming for placement if I have 1 year drop after 1st year of college?
  10. Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced?
  11. If I passed GATE in PRE FINAL year than what to do
  12. From where should i take a 1 year drop for IITJEE preparations (Kota or Indore)?
  13. What problem will I face in future at the time of college placement after having drop of 3 year after 12th
  14. Should I drop a year if scored 32 marks in JEE Mains and secured 65% in 12th standard?
  15. Am I eligible for writing IIT JEE exam after completion of 12th with PCM? -- [New]
  16. Should I drop a year to prepare for CLAT if completed 12th? Coaching classes in Madhya Pradesh for preparation?
  17. Is there Improvement exam available in WBCHSE Board? Should I drop a year if secured less than 70% in Physics and Maths of 12th Board exam?
  18. Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?
1st March 2011, 12:37 PM
tarun2k1

Default Re: Should I take a drop year after 12th or not?

My freind,
dropping a year is not a good idea.
But if your aim is to crack IIT do so iff you are not confident about it.
13th March 2011, 01:07 PM
Unregistered

if you are not satisfied with your % you should take drop but recollect that you have to give your best perfomence because thi is yor own desigen
15th March 2011, 08:33 PM
aditya436
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I take a drop year after 12th or not?

Hey don't do that

if you take a drop then you'll loose a year which is very precious

as IAS doesn't demand a degree from IIT

just complete your degree

and concentrate more on Civils

as it is the main goal of your life..

my opinion is don't take a drop

continue your studies anyway...

all the best

make a wise decision.

~aditya~
1st April 2011, 02:07 PM
Unregistered

ik ia am not selected in iit. shall i have to drop or to take admission in b.sc?
5th May 2011, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

I have given the IIT JEE , VIT & AIEEE exams bt i'm not very sure of of clearing them. My Class 12 exams went well and i really want to pursue a career in engineering. I had no coaching for jee or aieee. So shall i drop a year for jee/aieee preparation? or shall try to get admission in Guru Gobind Singh Indra Prastha University? Please advise. I'm very nervous regarding my desicion.
14th May 2011, 12:59 AM
ashishshekhar

Hi dear,

I think you are some what confuse

First of all be relax.

Career planing is one of the most sensetive work in today's world,where there are numbers of oppurtunity.

I will advice you not to listen to anyone,just follow what you want to be.

If you want to become IAS officer then go for it if you want to become IITian then go for it,if you want not to drop one year then go for it.

There is nothing required to drop one year,alway remember time is very precious dont waist it in anyway.

Thanks
18th May 2011, 02:35 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I was not able to clear medical and eng. exams.so should i take a year drop and prepare well for next time,or do i have any other option?
you should drope for 1 year. i m also drope for 1 year and now i m a iitian.
20th May 2011, 12:22 PM
Unregistered

m confused , should i drop 1 year after 2.?
i have already taken 2 year coaching but not cleared iit, aieee with marks above 80.
plz advise
26th May 2011, 11:52 AM
BEST CAREER
Member+

First of all be focussed on your goal that is to become a IAS officer.
For becoming a IAS officer you need to appear in CIVIL SERVICES EXAM and for this minimum eligibility is that you should be a graduate from any field .
so there is no need to go for engineering /appearing in IITJEE.
so take admission in Graduation degree and no need to take a drop.
5th June 2011, 04:45 PM
Unregistered

i have passed 12 with good percent but i want to earn lakhs of money.so thinking to drop one year for iit coaching. you think its a better idea or should i continue.
28th July 2011, 09:01 PM
Unregistered

i scored 77% in my ISC exam...nw i want to prepare for medical..should i drop 1 year or do Bsc..doing Bsc would be too hectic fr me and i wont get proper time to study for medical? what shud i do? again if next year i dnt get a chance in medical will there be any problem in taking admission in normal bsc courses....plssssssssssssssss rpppllllll..its vvvvvv urgent..pls
26th November 2011, 11:06 AM

Smile Re: Should I take a drop year after 12th or not?

should there is a good idea for drop 2 year after12th for preparation for B.tec
14th January 2012, 05:13 PM
Unregistered

sir i am in NIT BHOPAL doing engg. from mechanical branch......i want to be ips/ias officer...so should i sit for iit 2012.......i already cleared aieee 2011 ......i dont want to waste 1 year......
19th January 2012, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an iit'an,an now am in 11std from maharashtra board?i want to know the process?
26th January 2012, 04:00 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalind View Post
Sir,
Now i m in 12th preparing for iit jee 2010. hope tht i will be selected. but if i m not selected should i take a drop..(i dont want to take a drop bcoz my main aim is to become an IAS),,,,what should i do take drop or not?
HI,
I am happy to say that you have selected your final aim that is Indian Administrative service.

If you are not selected in I.I.T then don't worry you join any other college for any graduation course after that you can apply for I.A.S.

I.A.S exam exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Qualification:- Pass graduation with any stream fron recginiced university.

Age limit:-
For Open category:- 21-30 year
For OBC category:- 21-33 YEAR
For ST/SC category:- 21-37 year

Number of Attempts:-
For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts
For more detail log on www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST!
29th January 2012, 08:45 PM
adlsm

droping of year is not good for any student. If you selected in IIT in the appearing of 12th then i advise you to join it and if you not selected in appearing of 12th then depend on you if you have confidence for the selection in iit jee then you can drop a year and if you have no confidence for the selection in iit jee then you can join any private engineering college or any state engineering college through the entrance exam of that university/college because the IAS exam you can give after graduation.
If you want to more information about IAS exam then please visit this website http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
6th February 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

best postal coaching institute for cbse class 12th PCM preparation ?
6th February 2012, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Best postal coaching institute for cbse class 12 PCM preparation ?
6th February 2012, 08:41 PM
bawejamanisha25

no, there is no need of dropping one year because wasting your full year doesnt seem to be a wise decision, rather go for any diploma course of one year. This will add to your qualification and you will also get time for your other studies. You can opt for diploma course in computers.
9th March 2012, 11:07 PM
Unregistered

since the pattern is changed i'm confused that whether i should continue my coaching or jst prepare 4r 12th nd thn take a drop for iit?
15th March 2012, 11:59 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

First of all be relax.

Career planing is one of the most sensetive work in today's world,where there are numbers of oppurtunity.

I will advice you not to listen to anyone,just follow what you want to be.

If you want to become IAS officer then go for it if you want to become IITian then go for it,if you want not to drop one year then go for it.

There is nothing required to drop one year,alway remember time is very precious dont waist it in anyway.
25th April 2012, 10:44 PM
Unregistered

Can we have a one year gap for IIT entrance exam without a submit form?
19th May 2012, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

i hv given iit exam but not selected as i want to do ias but i feel secure future is a must now thinking to do a drop and prepare for clat
8th June 2012, 08:53 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Should I take a drop year after 12th or not?

Dear Aspirant,
If you are well confirmed that next year you can crack IIT-JEE exam, then only apply for that. Because, after applying your one chance will be used. Only two chances are given to a student to give IIT-JEE exam.

I would recommend to see your 12th percentage, if it is above 75%, then I think you should apply for it. Rest all is upto you.
However, if you are not confirmed you can drop for 1 year and appear in the next year.

Good to know that you are having a dream to go in Civil Services to serve the country. You want to become an IAS Officer. It is very good thing. Most of the students are now thinking like this.

Good Luck for your forthcoming exams.
16th June 2013, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

i am an average student i always wished to get into any of the iities but at first attemt i was unable to do so.
now i am getting an atonomous college in pune.
if i get into it my dream of becoming an iitian will be broken.
what shall i do ??
pls help..
28th June 2013, 04:28 AM
Unregistered

My JEEA tank is 7000 . My JEE Main marks is 200. Should I drop a tear for IIT?
3rd July 2013, 04:47 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir, I hv got 89% in 12th .....my Jee main AIR is 123428 n state rank is 2131 ......what I hv to do I m totally confused ........should I drop one year for preparation or take admission in best clg of Punjab nd prepare for iit along with it......plz reply m totally confused
4th July 2013, 12:04 AM
The Mask Man
Senior Member+

If your mian aim in life is To become an IAS officer, then i will suggest you not to ake an year GAP.

IAS exam is a very tough exam, so if you aren't able to qualify it in first attempt, then you can take a year drop that time.

In this way, overall, there will be no age effect on your eligibility too.

So All the Best for your future
4th July 2013, 01:31 AM
jayshree bacchav

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aalind View Post
Sir,
Now i m in 12th preparing for iit jee 2010. hope tht i will be selected. but if i m not selected should i take a drop..(i dont want to take a drop bcoz my main aim is to become an IAS),,,,what should i do take drop or not?
Hello buddy,

No! you should not take a drop in any condition. As you have mentioned that you want to become an IAS then please do not waste your valuable one year. Prepare for IIT JEE but please do not think that you will not get selected. You can not be successful with these negative thoughts.
Always think positive and take important and valuable steps towards your goal. If still you will not get selected for IIT then atleast you will have an experiance to face competative exams which will definitly help you to become an IAS.

All the best!!
4th July 2013, 05:15 PM
PAKODI KAUR

first of all, remain focused toward IIT ok, if got selected, it is well and good but if not then you better do not drop. Analyse your real aim and practise for that. Dropping a year after 12th is a great risk so when your final aim is IAS then why to drop a precious one year, but I hope you are definitely selected.
GOOD luck
23rd August 2013, 04:29 PM
sauravdash

hello,
after 12th it very difficult for the student to decide whether he should drop a year or not .
But to this question the student should ask himself whether he can score a good rank after loosing one year or not .If you are confinent enough to get a good rank in the competitive exam like Aieee , iit ,medical exam or any other exam of your own interest , then you should definitely drop otherwise there is no need to loose one year you can directly got admitted to any good well known college and can complete your graduation And then you should look for the job according to your capabilities .
thank you !!!!
with glad
saurav dash
16th May 2014, 02:45 PM
Unregistered

my jee score is not good. but wid that marks m getting some AA private clgs. But am totally confused of taking admission in any of those college or drop a year for preparing again. I am confident that I would get some good marks but how much good I don't knw..simultaneously I am scared,what if I got less marks then..In 12th I had to suffer 4mnths because of jaundice,dengue and bicolli and thus I had to leave my coachjing.. am quite confused what if i got same this year..site please suggest me what should I do.
6th June 2014, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

sir/madam,I am in 12th.my score in jee is good bt I can't clear PCM group in 12th board.so,should I take gap of one year for IIT?
9th July 2014, 10:43 AM
ushajalwal

Sir,
Now i passed 12th in 2014 with 88% from CBSE & my rank for iit jee 2014 is 50142 but i m not selected for IIT should i take a drop what should i do take drop or not?[/QUOTE]
12th September 2014, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I scored 91% in my case board exam.if I drop a year, will I face problem in getting job in future
5th June 2015, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

i wanted to do b.arch but my percentage in class 12 are not that good so shall drop the year and again work hard ?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?