13th February 2014, 09:20 PM
Unregistered

Which 2nd language should I choose for IAS entrance exam?

What second language should we choose for ias entrance exam

Related Questions:
  1. Review regarding IAS Preliminary and Main Exam? Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering?
  2. Which is the best way to prepare for IAS Exam? Which optional subjects should I choose for this exam being a candidate from B.Com course?
  3. How to choose a programming language as my career after B.Tech computer science? Can I earn anything by being an expert in the language?
  4. Can I choose English as 1st or 2nd language in WBCHSE instead of Bengali?
  5. Which subjects should I choose for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 2nd year of B.Tech in CSE?
  6. Which subjects to choose after completion of 2nd year science
  7. Project topics for final year of BCA candidates? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. How to write IAS exam after completing engineering? I am studying engineering 3rd year CSE
  9. Kannada Language IAS books? I am going to appear for IAS exam
  10. How to choose a particular coaching centre for IAS exam?
  11. Software courses for ECE student which will help in getting a job in Designing?
  12. Which career should I opt after completion of my 12th? Currently, I am pursuing 12th with agriculture, english(as 2nd language), geography, history, business studies and development studies subjects?
  13. Is B.Com 2nd year the right time to join coaching for IAS entrance exam if I didnt have Maths in my 9th to 12th class?
  14. Which language to choose between Java and .NET? Which is better in software industry? Does Language Selection affect my campus section?
  15. How to prepare for IAS exam after studying mechanical engineering 2nd year
  16. Best books for IAS prelims exam? I have chosen 2 optional subjects, Mathematics and History
  17. Which IAS subjects to choose after BE in EC?
  18. Am I eligible for IAS examination after completion of B.Sc.Environmental science?What's the admission procedure for the same?
30th January 2017, 01:32 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which 2nd language should I choose for IAS entrance exam?

In Civil Services main examination, Paper I and Paper II are qualifying language papers. Paper II is English. Candidates are free to choose any language paper for Paper I out of 22 Indian Languages mentioned in 8th schedule of Indian constitution.

You must read, speak and write that Indian language well because you have to score qualifying marks in that paper also.
30th January 2017, 03:32 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which 2nd language should I choose for IAS entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What second language should we choose for ias entrance exam
IAS Entrance Exam or Civil Service Exam is conducted in three stages i.e.
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
For Mains Exam, you need to choose the language. You must choose that language in which you are comfortable enough.

Here is the list of languages.

If you have chosen native language already, then you choose English otherwise if you have chosen English already, then native or regional language will be best option for you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?