15th September 2011, 09:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

hello sir,
i am baskar from madurai.i am second year electronics and communication student.my aim is to get a job in google,facebook,yahoo,infosys,tcs,wipro.how to develop my knowledge,technical skills,english knowledge because i am a middle class people.please reply immediately and then how to success in on and off campus interview
20th September 2011, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

hi...i am doing b be from uit burdwan in w.b . in it branch .what is the scope of my salary.please reply me fast on [email protected]
21st September 2011, 12:22 AM
praveendia

sincere advice dont think about pay go for interest. initially fresher getting 35000to45000pm. engg field aeronautical,biotech,nanotech,petroleum and many more
6th October 2011, 05:16 PM
Unregistered

sir
i am a fresher of be mech first year what i could earn as training sallary
10th October 2011, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

which branch good for girls?
23rd October 2011, 01:38 PM
srikanthreddypalwai

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressraje View Post
Sir, i want to become an engineer. I'm interesting in civil, structural, mechanical engineering. But i want salary about 50,000 after B.E.
Any other fields are there which gives more salary at starting? Excepting related with biology. And how is automobile and electrical-telecommunication engineering ? And what about salary?
hiii friend......here i can help you........if you want high packages just after btech then go for CSE or MECHANICAL............in civil engineering the initial packages are less but you will find high increase in an year.........
30th October 2011, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

hello,
i want to become a engineer, i am interested in civil, mechanical and architecture, so which field has more scope in future,, tell me
30th October 2011, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

hi,
i want to be a engineer, my interest in civil , mechanical and architecture , so which branch has more scope in future, please tell me
31st October 2011, 01:21 AM
imcool.raone

Hi dear,

Its strange that you are choosing the branch on the basis of the salary. Mind you that this will surely creat a disaster for you in future

You should NEVER chose a branch on the basis of salary or present salaries reports.

Its a simple funda, if you do your job well you get paid well if not then you will be ignored and you wont earn much

So chose the one which interest you. According to me you should go for civil or mechanical as these are your interests and definately you can earn crores in these fields depending on your talent and hardwork
Thanks
31st October 2011, 10:42 AM
sheshadev senapati
Senior Member++

hello dear
Its strange that you are choosing the branch on the basis of the salary. Mind you that this will surely creat a disaster for you in future

You should NEVER chose a branch on the basis of salary or present salaries reports.

Its a simple funda, if you do your job well you get paid well if not then you will be ignored and you wont earn much

So chose the one which interest you. According to me you should go for civil or mechanical as these are your interests and definately you can earn crores in these fields depending on your talent and hardwork.
thank you
31st October 2011, 11:45 PM
Unregistered

I am 12th appearing.i have PCM with c (without bio).Is there any medical field which i can go for.If not,suggest any other field of engineering which will be suitable for me,keeping in mind that my physics is weak.
31st October 2011, 11:51 PM
jacobs
Senior Member++++

Dear friend,
Normally these branches having large salary :

1.CSE
2.IT
3.ME
4.EE
5.CIVIL
1st November 2011, 06:01 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Engineering is an evergreen stream, so it is always new. Look, if you want to get good salary at the start itself, make sure first of all you are doing your engineering from a quality and renowned institution. Take for example the IIT's. I don't say just getting into IIT would fetch you a fat salary.

But yeah, its the basic thing which big companies keep a close watch on. They visit these big campuses regularly and pic the cream from there.

So once you are in a good college, work on your knowledge. Keep the concepts on your finger tips. Become a good engineer. As Ranchod daas chanchad once said in 3 idiots, "Become a good engineer, success would follow you! "

And that's all, maintain a good CGPA in you 4 years of Btech and you are no far from getting into a good company with a salary of your dreams !

Good luck !
9th November 2011, 09:06 AM
Unregistered

A famous joke in the U.S. is " If we do not know from which stream to recruit someone for a particular job ,we recruit a Chemical Engineer as he becomes handy anytime and always " ! They are the highest paid in the world ! A chemical engineer can work in even Automobile companies in the name of Pollution Control and can work in any other mainstream departments like Civil [in cases like cements,etc.] , ECE , Mechanical,etc. -- they are one of the main constituents for any industry . Choose Chemical Engineer for versatility and excellence...!
12th November 2011, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

chemical engg is d best...do dat and den u'll be jack of all master of none..and den do masters in petrochemicals..and den have a stable life...all d best :)
12th November 2011, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by expressraje View Post
Sir, i want to become an engineer. I'm interesting in civil, structural, mechanical engineering. But i want salary about 50,000 after B.E.
Any other fields are there which gives more salary at starting? Excepting related with biology. And how is automobile and electrical-telecommunication engineering ? And what about salary?
be a chemical engg...
den u'll be jack of all master of none...
u'll have knowledge of all d feilds in chemical industry...
den do masters in petro chemicals..
all d best
16th November 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

sir is there any railway engineering job which pay atleast 40000 rs at starting and what are its qualifications sir please reply
16th November 2011, 06:30 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I am doing mechanical III year. I have 11 backlocks. Is their a chance to get the job? I am average reading student.
2nd December 2011, 10:47 PM
Unregistered

How much I get salary after studing Automobile eng in IIT ,NITs and other good colleges in India.
11th December 2011, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Sir,what is the starting salary of an Electronic Instrumentation Engineer passed from I.I.T ??????
16th December 2011, 01:20 AM
Unregistered

i m doing btech in mterial science with specialization in nanotech frm upes dehradu ...what will be the average salary i will be getting after 4 years?
17th December 2011, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

does the Mechanical Engineering job & salary merely depends on Engineering college?
25th December 2011, 06:01 PM
Unregistered

Post Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

currently i am studying diploma electricals can i go to petrolium engineering after this.
5th January 2012, 09:22 AM
saurabh.dhyani

Smile Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

actually dear ,branches of engineering does't matter of how you will get after completion of your b.tech/B.e....name of college matters a lot along with your knowledge of the particular subject,if there is not a good college then chances of your campus placement will be less as there will be no more tie up of the college with the companies for your placement...and if you r studying in a high reputed college but you have no such knowledge about your subjects then your chances of being selected will be less.
then dear work hard and be selected in a good company.

Thank You
6th January 2012, 12:18 PM
Unregistered

sir I am studying in 6 sem automobile engg under vtu what I have to do to became agood engg and to get good sallary which design software I have to learn and is that better to go software companies and what it needs
25th January 2012, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that i am now in class 12th in which field i should in engineering or try for nda or any thing else. (Vishal yadav)
29th January 2012, 10:35 AM
Unregistered

Hi, I m Nikhil Agrawal, I am B.tech from NIT and M.tech frm IIT

Hi Everyone....There is not any particular branch which is highly paying.. it depends upon ur potential and also your luck...
I find there is a huge difference in placements in Various Colleges..

If one studies in IITs / NITs/BITS/DCE/ VIT/Bangal Col. of Enggg....no matter which branch he is in...and no matter wht initial salaries they have got in placements (bcz placement depends upon market Condition of that particular year)...but finally...salaries of these ppl always remains high compared with other colleges (though some exceptions always remains outside too)

Say for Example....previously In IIT's...one company called as Schlumberger used to come and had packages of around 32 lakhs pa...and had branches like Chemical, Earth Sciences, Civil as an option and used to select people from these....another example is of Shell with a package of 13.5 lakhs per anum. .... Also All PSU's with packages of around 8 to 10 Lac Per year ...always opens only Civil, Mechanical, Electrical.

Also If u study in IITs / NITs there are several management related companies also coming with packages of 14 to 15 lakhs per year for all branches...

So there is no line of mark for a particular branch anywhere...

even a person with a starting pay package of 5 lac per year from these institute can have package around 14-15 lakhs after 2-3 years of decent experience.

As per my experience in industry..people should not always go for initial packages...they must also think about future growth in that field...Because in some fields freshers are main assets..whereas in some Core fields...Value increases exponentially with experience
16th February 2012, 04:31 PM
Unregistered

now I am in 12th.and i m doing preparation for iit examination.i want to know that which engineering is best for salary and all things.civil[structural] or automobile.and also inform that which iit branch is best for above engi.engineering gives nt much salary i expected.plz tel me wt should i do after doing b.tec or m.tec in iit.
thanks.!
19th February 2012, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

what do in 1st year of b.tech??
23rd February 2012, 04:23 AM
mishu4

i m a girl..which eng branch will pay me better....choose one for me....computer science....or chemical eng..
26th February 2012, 09:39 PM
Unregistered

whts abt the software engineering??
wht will be the salary there??
plzzz tell me sir/madam
i m waiting for ur reply....plzzz
27th February 2012, 03:23 AM
michael_scofield

If you from the commerce background then you can take up graduation. Along with that you can pursue CA, CS etc. After graduation in any of the streams you must take up Masters either in the same field or go in for a MBA. You need to decide which out these suits you the most.[/QUOTE]
7th March 2012, 07:28 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Whicl field better between civil & mechinical?
I think both are good but MEC is better
10th March 2012, 08:26 PM
Unregistered

sir may i noe what will be payment of the me holder from bits
what will be the pay sacale per month of mechanical enginner from bits pilani???????????????????????/
25th March 2012, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Civil engineering is best 4 ladies or elc electronics and Telecomunication
27th March 2012, 08:22 PM
macho di mission

Thumbs down Re: Engineering Branches which have high salaries?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjiv sharma View Post
I think instead of going for good package you should opt for that branch in which you are most interested. To me civil branch has a lot of scope as today civil engineering works have engulfed whole of India.After doing B.E. u can join any company so as to gain experience so that after 2 to 3 yrs of experience u could join a good company which can give u a high package
hi sanju r u mad i wanna ans ur question,have u ever seen d vacancies in psu its highest in electrical and mechanical,tum to side m ho lo
30th March 2012, 03:23 PM
Unregistered

whether it will be good to do my career in mechanical engineering
5th April 2012, 08:49 PM
Unregistered

i don't want to know about the salary.but i like to know which is the easiest and enjoyable one?i am interested in computer based one.
5th April 2012, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

i don't want to know about the salary.but i like to know which is the easiest and enjoyable one? But i am interested in computer based one.
13th April 2012, 03:36 AM
Unregistered

pls tell me which shall i prefer which has good scope in future
aeronautical or aerospace?
14th April 2012, 10:59 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

Salary should not be the only criteria for selecting course to study. You should also have interest in that field. As over a period of time if you do not find the task interesting you will loose the passion to work. Also to get a good salary you should possess the talent for it. The top colleges in like IIT provide good training. If you aiming high in life make sure that you secure admission in one of the top colleges in the country. Also make sure its is in the area of your interest. Work hard towards achieving your goal.
15th April 2012, 05:58 PM
GOUTHAMMADDY

one can get good salaries by pursuing b.tech in any of the following branches:
1)ECE
2)AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING
3)EEE
4)AUTOMOBILE ENGINEERING
5)BIO TECHNOLOGY
6)MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
These are considered to be the top engineering branches.

with warm regards

GOUTHAM.
16th April 2012, 01:39 PM
123dolly
Senior Member+++

So chose the one which interest you. According to me you should go for civil or mechanical as these are your interests and definately you can earn crores in these fields depending on your talent and hardwork
4th May 2012, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

if i do my engineering from srm university wat will be the salaries of civil engineering student...plz reply soon plz
6th May 2012, 10:28 PM
Bhargav.student

First of all try to choose the branch in which u are really interested . If u study in that dept with real zeal and interest in that field , the career opportunities will be amazing and you will get high salaries too irrespective of the dept .
Anyway in the present trend Mechanical is the best n evergreen branch in which career opportunities will be more both in the private and public sector .
The main point is for Mechanical Engineering Core jobs are very more as compared with any other branch and it is always evergreen .
So frn I suggest you Mechanical Field if you are interested .
12th May 2012, 03:47 PM
Unregistered

MAy i know what is the difference between AIEEE and IIT and NIT??????
15th May 2012, 10:00 AM
Unregistered

If i study B.E(civil) in local average college, what salary i can expect?
23rd May 2012, 08:47 AM
Unregistered

WHAT IS THE SALARY FOR CS STUDENT IN MIT <MS>
27th May 2012, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

which branch have high demand demand in future?
1st June 2012, 05:22 PM
Unregistered

Sir,I take admisson to mechanical engg. Which work do mechanical engg?And How many salary he got after complete diploma?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?