1st October 2012, 12:54 AM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

List of Best MBA Colleges through MAT Exam :

Academy of Management Studies , Bhubaneswar

Alogal Institute of Management

Amity Institute of Competitive Intelligence

Asian School of Media Studies

Balaji Institute of International Business

Bangalore School of Business

Bharati Vidyapeeth's Institute of Management Studies & research

Indain Institute of Management , Ahmedabad

Indian Institute of management , Calcutta

XLRI Management , Jamshedpur

Faculty of management

Related Questions:
  1. Do students with low academic marks but high entrance exam marks get admission in top MBA colleges?
  2. How can I admission admission in MBA in 2016?
  3. MBA colleges offering admission through their own entrance exams? Benefits of appearing MAT?
  4. List of good colleges for me being a candidate having secured 73% in 10th, 65% in 12th, 67% in Graduation and 570 marks in MAT Exam?
  5. List of MBA colleges which offers admission through MAT in Uttarakhand, NCR Delhi and UP?
  6. What is the MAT exam cutoff score? List of colleges in Chennai for MBA? I have obtained 646.50 marks in MAT
  7. List of good colleges that I can get admission with a score of 92.95 in MAT Exam?
  8. If I get a good percentile in MAT will I get admission in MBA with 55% in 10th, 49% in 12th and 46% in graduation?
  9. Which MBA college can I get after scoring a low percentile in May MAT exam?
  10. How to get admission in MBA after scoring 60% marks in 10th 47% in 12th
  11. Admission in MBA/PGDM for a candidate who has secured 49.9% in BBA and 71.6 percentile in MAT?
  12. List of good MBA colleges in which I can get admission after securing 85 percentile in MAT exam under OBC quota?
  13. Which are the good management colleges I can get without attending MAT entrance exam?
  14. How to get admission in MBA through MAT?
  15. With the MAT May 2016 score can I get admission for MBA/PGDM on 2017? -- [New]
  16. List of good colleges in Delhi and Noida in which I can get after scoring 703 marks in December MAT exam?
  17. Which course is best after BSc chemistry? I have scored 49%
  18. Admission in good MBA colleges in Mumbai? should I go for CAT or MAT?
5th June 2013, 02:30 AM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Admission in Good MBA Colleges through MAT Exam but with low marks in 10th Exam

HI

Tenth class wont be barrier in getting you call

You MAT score is too less to get call from good MBA colleges.
You need to score atleast 98+ percentile to get good calls

Your graduation marks are very good and your work ex will also matter.

all the best
24th June 2023, 07:41 AM
Nikhil202k
Banned

While MAT scores are an important factor in the admission process for MBA colleges, they are not the sole criterion for selection. Admissions to MBA programs often consider multiple factors, including academic performance, work experience, extracurricular activities, group discussion (GD), personal interview (PI), and overall profile evaluation.

While having low marks in your 10th exam may not be ideal, it does not necessarily disqualify you from getting admission to good MBA colleges. Many institutes take a holistic approach to admissions, considering the overall profile and potential of candidates.

Here are a few things you can focus on to strengthen your MBA application despite the low marks in your 10th exam:

Focus on your MAT Score: Since you have mentioned that you have a good MAT percentile, make sure to perform well in the MAT exam to maximize your chances of admission. A high MAT score can compensate for lower marks in previous academic exams.

Highlight your Academic Progress: Emphasize your performance in higher education such as your graduation degree or any relevant postgraduate degree. Showcase any exceptional achievements, projects, or research work during your academic journey to demonstrate your capabilities.

Work Experience: If you have relevant work experience, highlight your professional achievements, responsibilities, and any leadership roles you have taken up. Your work experience can showcase your practical skills, industry exposure, and ability to apply theoretical knowledge.

Extracurricular Activities and Achievements: Highlight your involvement in extracurricular activities, such as participation in sports, cultural events, community service, or leadership roles in clubs or organizations. This demonstrates your well-rounded personality and skills beyond academics.

Strong Statement of Purpose (SOP): Craft a compelling SOP that highlights your passion, career goals, and reasons for pursuing an MBA. Use this opportunity to showcase your strengths, personal qualities, and how you have overcome challenges or setbacks in your academic journey.

Perform well in GD and PI: Prepare thoroughly for group discussions and personal interviews. Showcase your communication skills, problem-solving abilities, leadership potential, and industry awareness during these stages of the admission process.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?