29th February 2012, 10:27 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Difference between GE and OBC(Non Creamy Layer)?

i am an Indian muslim LABBAI COMMUNITY. am i belongs to obc-non creamy layer minority?
1st March 2012, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

sir, i am muslim and i am belonging to obc non creamy layer and there are two option in application form for jnu and bhu for mca obc non creamy layer and obc minority. sir can you tell me what is the diffrence between them.and what i fill in the application form , sir please tell me as soon as possible.
1st March 2012, 11:37 PM
Unregistered

i am also in the same situation. but I guess we have to send it to the zonal iit by speed post. but i dont understand what they mean by 'attested copies of original certificate by april 8'. somebody please help.............
1st March 2012, 11:43 PM
Unregistered

i am also in the same situation. i think we have to sent to the zonal iit by speed post. but i dont understand the part 'attested copies of original certificate by april 8'.........plz help..........
5th March 2012, 01:04 AM
Unregistered

Who belongs to OBC (NCL) Minority category ?
15th March 2012, 03:35 PM
Unregistered

what is the difference between OBC(NCL) and OBC(NCL)-Minority?
16th March 2012, 06:35 PM
Unregistered

IS THERE ANY DIFFERENCE BETWEEN OBC(NCL) & OBC(NCL)-MINORITY?
17th April 2012, 06:15 PM
Unregistered

does rba certificate belongs to obc or not
19th May 2012, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

sir as from dis year government has introduced 4.5% reservation for OBC (NCL)-MINORITY in all the iits. since NITS too come under the government, is there any reservation for OBC(NCL)- MINORITY candidates in NITs??
10th June 2012, 06:43 AM
Unregistered

Sir, what is the difference between BC, EBC, OBC AND MBC category.
15th June 2012, 11:11 PM
tl.com

hi dear,
Difference between GE and OBC(Non Creamy Layer)[/B][/COLOR][/U]

[LEFT]GE or General Category refers to 'Wealthier' class of Indian society, which are Financial, Educationally and socially stronger.

Whereas, OBC or Other Backward Class refers to 'Weaker' section of the Indian society, which are Financial, Educationally and socially weaker.

Now, OBC is divide in to two part

• OBC (Creamy Layer)
  • OBC (Non Creamy Layer)
OBC (Creamy Layer): Constitutionally, OBC (Creamy Layer) are those OBC candidates whose Parents + Candidate himself or in short whose family annual income does exceeds 4.5 Lacs.

For Example:- 'Dhunia' it refers to socially backed Muhammedans who are found in nothern part of India, this reflects its caste. So, a person id 'Dhinia' by caste, means socially and educationally weaker, but his income is 5Lacs per annum. So he will be considere under OBC (Creamy Layer).

OBC (Non Creamy Layer):
Constitutionally, previously the OBC candidates having Annual Income less then 2.5 Lacs are considered to be OBC Non-Creamy layer. But since the criteria has changed to 4.5 Lacs so all OBC candidate (father-Mother) having annual income less then 4.5 Lacs per annum will be considered under Non-Creamy Layer.

In brief Parents Income (except salary and income from agricultural land) must not exceed 4.5 Lacs in last 3 consecutive years.

But constitutionally OBC (Creamy Layer) are refrained from governmet and other body reservations and facilities. All the charms are for OBC Non-Creamy layer.

thanks
17th June 2012, 07:50 PM
drpandita123

I have applied with OBC category and i fall in RBA category in J&K. Can i fall in OBC Category to apply for counselling to AIEEE and if not what is th procedure to change from OBC to General Category.
17th June 2012, 08:20 PM
Unregistered

I BELONG TO OBC CREAMY LAYER AND I GOT ALL INDIA CATEGORY RANK IN AIEEE 12028 AND MY PARENTS INCOME IS 9 LAKHS CAN I GET SEAT IN NIT COLLEGES WITH OUT FEE CONCESSION?
23rd June 2012, 02:02 PM
Unregistered

i belongs bc-c adiandhra christian categery. am i come in sc or obc categery?
reply: [email protected]
24th June 2012, 12:28 PM
Unregistered

TO CLAIM SEAT UNDER GMR IN KARNATAKA WHAT IS THE INCOME LIMIT
24th June 2012, 11:12 PM
jyoti91

Hi Dear,
Difference between GE and OBC(Non Creamy Layer)

GE or General Category refers to 'Wealthier' class of Indian society, which are Financial, Educationally and socially stronger.

Whereas, OBC or Other Backward Class refers to 'Weaker' section of the Indian society, which are Financial, Educationally and socially weaker.

Now, OBC is divide in to two part

• OBC (Creamy Layer)
  • OBC (Non Creamy Layer)
OBC (Creamy Layer): Constitutionally, OBC (Creamy Layer) are those OBC candidates whose Parents + Candidate himself or in short whose family annual income does exceeds 4.5 Lacs.

For Example:- 'Dhunia' it refers to socially backed Muhammedans who are found in nothern part of India, this reflects its caste. So, a person id 'Dhinia' by caste, means socially and educationally weaker, but his income is 5Lacs per annum. So he will be considere under OBC (Creamy Layer).

OBC (Non Creamy Layer):
Constitutionally, previously the OBC candidates having Annual Income less then 2.5 Lacs are considered to be OBC Non-Creamy layer. But since the criteria has changed to 4.5 Lacs so all OBC candidate (father-Mother) having annual income less then 4.5 Lacs per annum will be considered under Non-Creamy Layer.

In brief Parents Income (except salary and income from agricultural land) must not exceed 4.5 Lacs in last 3 consecutive years.

But constitutionally OBC (Creamy Layer) are refrained from governmet and other body reservations and facilities. All the charms are for OBC Non-Creamy layer.

thank you
16th September 2012, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

I am obc, married women and my father is retired then can i get non creamy layer certificate ?
26th July 2013, 10:48 PM
Unregistered

My father is professor of central university, my mother is a primary teacher in a govt school and our family in well exceeds 6 lacs.My father died recently. I belong to
Muslim community. I want to apply for a govt job. To which category I should apply
28th September 2013, 10:54 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinendra View Post
what is diffence between GE and OBC (NOn Creamy Layer).

I belong to minority community. Where I stand in above two options
i am the bc-d student wether i belongs to obc category
7th May 2014, 06:40 PM
Unregistered

I had submeted jee mains form and write that i belong from OBC class. I mistook RBA is included in OBC . How could i correct my mistake now?
10th October 2014, 04:17 AM
Unregistered

if vanniyar caste in tamilnadu under the obc ?
6th April 2015, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I am working as a Government teacher, my annual salary will be 5.5 lacs. My caste belongs to 2A; can I fall under creamy layer or Non creamy layer?
1st January 2016, 06:32 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir / mam , I am NT-D candidate in Marathwad region i.e. from Maharashtra & also having non creamy layer certificate, Am I OBC at national level or not ? I am preparing for JMFC Exam & now my age is 35 years, can I apply for JMFC Exam conducted by MPSC in june 2016? I am OBC please reply me urgent on my mobile no.9175435482 so I can go further for preparation.
25th March 2020, 12:43 PM
suchi haria
Junior Member+

GE stands for the general category and OBC stands for other backward class
If you belong to the other backward class community you can avail different benefits from the government and that to if you belong to OBC non creamy layer than you can avail more benefits
Minority community is something different some are considered in O C and some in general but though they belong to minority
So based on that you can get benefits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?