11th March 2015, 10:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?

Suppose i passed 12 with PCM and get the post of deck cadets after this can i do some extra course? If yes then suppose i have down B.tech then can i get the post of engine cadet.
28th April 2015, 07:18 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
How much percentage is needed in 12th for joining merchant navy?
I m Rushikesh Raut.I passed my S.S.C. exam in march 2013 now this year I appeard H.S.C. in science stream include
PCMB andG.K. from chh.sambhaji raje sainik school, khed, district:-Ratnagiri
I have to join merchant navy so please guide me to how I am join my email address:[email protected]
Thank you
24th May 2015, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
What are the procedure for joining merchant navy and the fees structure for freshers candidate ?
23rd October 2015, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

How to join merchant navy after 12the ??sir plz tell me step by step....and also tell the different which will help me to join merchant navy.....
30th August 2016, 04:20 PM
Unregistered

I have completed 10+2 in arts.can I still join merchant navy.l m working as an Stewart (captain) in a reputed hotel in Delhi from last 5 years.
31st August 2016, 11:03 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Merchant Navy is a commercial fleet which deals in cargo transportation. Today a large percentage of import and exports are done through sea. You don't really have any other option. Whether you are exporting heavy machinery or the oil tankers etc, you only have sea as the option to import or export it.

This is where Merchant Navy comes into action. It is a field where you consistently get to travel. Those who love to travel should opt for career in Merchant Navy. There are several jobs in the Merchant Navy but the top positions include navigating officers, radio officers and marine engineers.

Eligibility Criteria:

For any top job in Merchant Navy related to navigational and engineering fields , candidates are required to pursue courses Bachelors course in Nautical science or Marine engineering.

The minimum eligibility is 12th from recognised board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as the subjects.

You will also have to pass medical fitness test. Other physical requirements include eyesight 6/6 with no colour blindness.

Candidate must be unmarried. This rule is same for both male and female.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?