31st May 2018, 01:13 PM
M.B.SURAJ

After completing 12th what to study to become Railway Loco Pilot?

I have completed my 12th (Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry). Now, for Railway Loco Pilot either we have to take degree or engineering? If engineering then in which branch and if degree then in which subject?

1st June 2018, 05:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After completing 12th what to study to become Railway Loco Pilot?

Eligibility criteria to become Loco Pilot:

One must have completed minimum qualification of 10th standard and must have done ITI from a recognised board.

Diploma holders are also eligible to apply for this post.

The candidate need to qualify the entrance exam conducted by railway department.
2nd June 2018, 01:21 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

=> As per my knowledge, To become Loco Pilot in Indian Railway you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by RRB. RRB stands for Railway Recruitment Board.

=> Candidate must have passed 10th class along with ITI in any specific trade from a recognized University/Board. The age of candidate must be in between 18 to 30 years.

NOTE: Those who have done diploma in engineering can also apply for Railway Recruitment Board examination.
2nd June 2018, 09:06 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

For becoming Railway Loco Pilot, you can pursue anyone of the following below course:
  • ITI (Fitter/Electrician/Mechanic are preferable)
  • Diploma in mechanical/automobile/electrical or electronics
  • Graduation in engineering (any branch)

Age must be within 18 to 30 years.

Selection of the candidate for Loco Pilot will be based on Written Exam followed by Personal Interview.
2nd June 2018, 09:28 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you have to pursue ITI or diploma course to appear in Loco Pilot examination.

Railway Recruitment Board conducts entrance examination for recruitment of Loco Pilot in Indian Railway.

The required minimum qualification is that candidate must have passed 10th and have ITI or Diploma course.

The age limit is 18-30 years with relaxation for reserved category.

For more details visit at www.rrb.gov.in.
2nd June 2018, 10:32 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

Any special degree is not required but the important thing is to have an ITI degree in any stream is most important to be eligible to apply for Loco Pilot entrance examination.
Age limit should be 18 years to 25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?