19th July 2011, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

Respected
Sir
My name is Sajid Ahmed.Now i am a student of T.D.C part 1 major in economics.My H.S(Arts) P.C is 73%.I want to be a I.P.S officer.So sir after graduation can i apply for I.P.S exam.
There for i request you sir please send its details in my mail I.D([email protected])

21st July 2011, 12:12 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected
Sir
My name is Sajid Ahmed.Now i am a student of T.D.C part 1 major in economics.My H.S(Arts) P.C is 73%.I want to be a I.P.S officer.So sir after graduation can i apply for I.P.S exam.
There for i request you sir please send its details in my mail I.D([email protected])
Yes, After Graduation You are eligible to Apply fro IPS examination.

If your aim is to become IPS Officer, Then for this you have to apply for the UPSC Civil services examination, And this examination was held Every Year, The examination was conducted into Two Stages, First Preliminary examination and Then Main examination.

The Notification for Civil services examination was Published in the employment newspaper Or in the UPSC Official website in the month of February, And eligible candidates may apply for this examination Online. You can also Obtained the application form from the Post Offices in India.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- To apply for UPSC Civil Services Examination, you need to complete your graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

- Your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age limit relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Reserved Category Candidates.

- Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for this examination.

The Examination are conducted in 2 stages, Firstly you have to crack the Preliminary examination and Then You are eligible to Sit in Main examination. Preliminary examination are objective type and there are 2 papers in this examination and both are 200 Marks each. In Main examination you have to choose the Optional subject on the basis of Graduation.

So, If you have fulfill the eligibility criteria, then you are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil services examination to become IPS Officer and for more information please visit the UPSC website -

http://www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 12:37 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will be eligible for IPS.

Because the Educational qualification for IPS:

You should have completed your graduation in any discipline from any recognized university.

After that take a look at the other factors which is also required to become an IPS...

Age limit:
Should have crossed 21 years. But should not have crossed 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

Physical Standard:
Height – Male 165 cm

Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9

Blood pressure (High) – Age 23 – 123,
age 24 – 124,
age 25 –122,
age 28 – 124,
age 30 –125,
age 32 – 126,
age 34 – 127.

Others:

Good listening & normal ear cavity. Candidate should not stammer while speaking.

If you fulfill those you are eligible!
21st July 2011, 01:18 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected
Sir
Dear Friend,
Hats-off to you buddy for your inspirational thoughts to join IPS and serve the Country.
Eligibility neede for IPS :
The candidate should be a Graduate from a recognized university and should has age between 21-30 years.

For the examination of IPS there is no stipulation of marks.The only thing needed is Graduation.

And you can definitely apply for the IPS examination after your graduation.

Best Wishes...
21st July 2011, 01:40 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Respected
Sir
The minimum age required for appearing for the entrance exam is 21years. Also it is a must to pursue graduation from a recognised institute. So either ways you are not eligible for the course. You need to first of pursue a degree course. Both the universities Dharwad and Kuvempu are recognised. However in terms of rating Dharwad is rated better. Therefore preferably pursue the course from Dharwad. To become an IPS officer you will need to appear for the Civil Service exam. You can appear for the exam when you are in the final year of degree course. In the meantime you can start preparing for the exam. Make sure that you read the newspapers daily also update yourself in the General knowledge section.
21st July 2011, 02:30 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Indian Police Service

Yes you are eligibe for IPS after graduation. and you can apply for this exam

Eligibility criteria:- The candidate must be a citizen of India.And graduate
degree a recognized university.The candidates must be physically fit as it is a very important factor. And Candidates must have age limit of 21-30 years.The various age limits for several categories are:

For general - 30
For OBC - 33
For SC/ST - 35
For Ex-service men it is 5 years from the prescribed age limits.

Physical Eligibility :- Minimum height of 165 cm for Men and 150 cm for
Women.minimum height is relaxable to 160 and 145 cm for SC/ST.

Attempts:-The attempts for several categories are:

For Open -4
For OBC -7
For SC/ST - No limit.

Syllabus:-

The main exam consists of 5 papers.

Paper I & II - Language papers.
Paper III - Essay (200 marks).
Paper IV & V - General studies (300 marks/each).
Paper VI,VII,VIII,IX - Are optional subjects (1200 marks)

Paper I & II are the qualifying papers and marks are not alloted for these papers.
21st July 2011, 05:05 AM
anil krishna

Smile Re: After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

hi friend , This IPS come under Group-A. You are eligible for civil service exam it is conducted ay upsc every year the notification will be released on Dec 1st week and it need to be submit jan 17 like that . You are educational qualification should be a Graduation from any university and age limit should be 21 -30 years for OC candiadates and 33 for OBC and 35 for Sc/St .The max attempts is 4 for OC and 07 for OBC and no limit for SC/ST .The applicat forms are avilable near ur post office.The examanation process is three stages CSAT ,Main examination,Interview. For more details visit www.upsc.gov.in for ques papers visit www.Ipsexam.com .ALL THE BEST
21st July 2011, 07:56 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

Dear friend,

Definetly you can apply for IPS after graduation, because minimum qualification required is any graduate by the recognised university.

The word IPS stands for Indian Police Services.

IPS is basically meant for those aspiring candidates who have strong dedication towards the country.

IPS officer works as crucial part of Indian Government.

Steps to become an IPS officer:

· For becoming IPS officer, the way to enter this competitive job is through
giving UPSC entrance exams.

· Before going for IPS, you should prepare hard enough to get well-versed
with the paper pattern so that you can perform well.

· Application forms for IPS can be obtained from Head Post Offices or any
recognized post office.

IPS examinations consists of two steps-first one is prelims and the second
one is mains.

Paper pattern for prelims:

1. Optional Subjects (300 marks):

2. General Studies (150 marks):

Paper pattern for mains:

In mains, one has to appear for 9 papers

All the best..............
21st July 2011, 11:29 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Smile Re: After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

Quote:
Respected
Sir
yes you can give ias exam but only if you are having the eligibility qualifications required for the exam.
for giving ias exam, the student must have done graduation in any field with at least 60% marks. the age limit for the exam is 21 to 30 years which can increase to 35 years for sc/st students.
if you are having these qualifications, then only you can give the exam.
there will be three rounds in the exam. firstly, you will have to give the preliminary exam. this exam will be of objective questions.
after qualifying in that exam, you will have to give the main exam, which will be in written form.
after passing both the exams, you will be called for the personal interview.
after passing that interview, you will become an ias officer.
the notification regarding the exam comes in the employment news.
for more deatails regarding the exam, you can visit
www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 02:47 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Sajid,
Yes, after graduation, you will be eligible to write civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC for recruitment of IPS officers.
To be eligible, you must have attained the age of 21 years and must not be over 30 years.
The maximum age limit is relaxed upto 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category.

You can obtain the application form post offices and head post offices throughout the country.

The application form will be made available after the notification published in India's leading newspapers and on the official website of UPSC.

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
21st July 2011, 03:20 PM
Simmi Katiyar

Yes, you can apply for IPS exam as minimum qualification for it is graduation with first division.
you can sit in this exam by UPSC exam which is conducted by UPSC commission every year.
you have to given two exams- pre and mains
you have to do work hard as it covers various topics for interview you must do preparation in a very well manner and with proper guidance.
21st July 2011, 05:51 PM
ayusharma.3

hi,
No, You are Not eligible to Apply for IAS/IPS Examination.

Because To become a IAS/IPS Officer, You need to be a graduate in any discipline from a recognized university and your age should be 21 to 30 years. Final Year Graduate Candidates are also apply for this examination.

But After 12Th, No one Are eligible for IAS/IPS Examination, And If your aim is to become IAS/IPS Officer Then please complete your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible for IAS/IPS examination.

To become IAS/IPS Officer You have to apply for The UPSC Civil services examination, The Notification for This examination was declared every year in the month of February in the employment newspaper or in the UPSC Official website. Eligible Candidates may apply for this examination online by visit the UPSC website. General candidates will gets 4 attempts to crack this examination and Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC, ST, OBC and Reserved Category candidates. Application form also be obtained from Post offices in India.

Read: How to join in IAS or IPS after completing 12th Science? 2011 http://educationcareer.in/how-join-ias-ips-after-completing-12th-science-14824.html#ixzz1Ssik8Ziu
21st July 2011, 06:59 PM
vishal jaybhaye
Senior Member+

yes for sure ,

after the graduation from any recognized university you can apply for the different services of the upsc.

age criteria that is age limit for the upsc exams is 21 to 30 years.

also you can apply for the ips exam .
for the all notifications and for the previous year papers kindly visit the website www.upsc.gov.in
21st July 2011, 07:17 PM
kunjeyan5282

Thumbs up Re: After graduation can I apply for IPS exam?

Sajid,you can go for IPS exam which is also called civil services exam.IT need a bachelor degree in any discipline.This exam is conducted in two stages by upsc.
1---Preliminary exam
2----Mains
For more details like exam notifications and date of exam visit www.upsc.nic.in
goodluck
22nd July 2011, 01:29 AM
kumar96
Senior Member+

Hi,

After graduation you can apply for IPS exam.Graduation in required educational qualification for IPS entrance exam.IPS exam conducted by UPSc.

Eligiblity Criteria -

- graduation in any discipline from a recognised University.

- age should between 21 to 30 years,

* Final Year Graduate Candidates are also eligible for this examination.

IPS exam is very good exam.you have to do good preparation for success in this exam.in UPSC exam aptitude type question are very important you have to prepare these question with best book.

You are eligible for this exam so you have to prepare for exam.

best of luck.
16th September 2013, 10:10 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir,
my name is Imran Hussain now am student of TDC 1st sem with history major unden Gauhati university(Assam). My HSLC percentage is 52% and HS(arts) percentage is 53% under AHSEC. I want to be a I.P.S officer so, sir after graduation can i apply for IPS exam and how many percetage graduation. There for i request to you sir please send is's details in my mail [email protected] or facebook id-https://m.facebook.com/eatywm.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?