4th July 2016, 12:40 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O. exam being 48 years old Army Retired Personnel?

Hello Sir, I want to appear in Bank P.O exam. I am 48 years old Army retired Personnel. Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O exam? Kindly let me know as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to join in Navy School, Vishakapatnam?
  2. Am I eligible for Railway Clerk or Bank PO job being 44 years old retired Sub-Inspector?
  3. Procedure of admission in Navy Children School, Mumbai
  4. Can I apply for head constable job in Rajasthan police having retired from Army with age of 36 years?
  5. Am I eligible for getting a bank job after being retired from Army?
  6. Am I eligible to do diploma course in architecture via correspondence mode if I am a retired army soldier?
  7. Procedure to get admission in 6th standard at Navy Children School Visakhapatnam? Is there any relaxation for OBC students? -- [New]
  8. How can I join Indian Army being a son of retired Army Officer?
  9. Re-Employment in Indian Railways for 30 years experience Army personnel?
  10. How to get a good job in government sector after completing BCA with 68%
  11. List of Naval Schools with fee structure which offer admission in Hyderabad for 3rd standard student? Detailed procedure and requirements to get admission?
  12. What should a Female candidate do to join the Indian Army? Will she get any benefits if her Father is a retired Army man?
  13. Bank PO or clerk exam after 50% in 12th, 52% in graduation and 72% in post graduation?
  14. Eligible for BANK PO exam after B.Tech with 60% Aggregate? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Procedure to become a TTE in Indian Railway for a retired Army?
  16. What is the age limitation for ex-servicemen?
  17. Am I eligible for Bank Po after completing my 8 years service in army? I have got 58% in 12th and 50% in graduation
  18. Am I eligible for Bank PO exam if I scored 59.5% in 12th and 63% in Graduation(Supplementary Pass)?
4th July 2016, 08:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O. exam being 48 years old Army Retired Personnel?

Eligibility criteria for Bank Probationary Officer examination:

1. You must have done bachelor's degree from a recognized university.

2. Age criteria:

IBPS: 20-30 years for general category candidates. For SBI PO, it is 21-30 years.

OBC and SC/ST candidates get three years and five years upper age relaxation.

Ex Serviceman get five years upper age relaxation. You are not eligible for any bank PO exam at age of 48 years.
4th July 2016, 09:00 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O. exam being 48 years old Army Retired Personnel?

For being a probatiobary officer in any of the nationalized bank of India you need to qualify its entrance examinations like IBPS bank PO examination or SBI bank PO examination.

Also the minimum qualification required for being eligible to appear in the same examination are as following :-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

--> You must have completed or pursuing tbe final year of your bachelor degree course with any discipline of your choice from a recognized university.

--> You must have good communication skills along with knowledge towork on computer as the banking works are more often than not are digital.

--> Your age must lie in between 21 years to 30 years. Age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years are applicable for OBC and SC/ST category respectively. Further relaxation of 10 years is applicable for defense personnel.

So being a 48 years old defense personnel you are not eligible for becoming bank PO as for the same the maximum age allowed is 45 years only even in the case of defense personnel belonging to SC/ST category.

For details about the above named entrance examinations you can log on to the link www.ibps.in or www.sbiexam.com.
5th July 2016, 01:33 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The age criteria for Probationary Officer for Institute of Banking and Personnel Selection Common Written exam is 20-30 years with three years upper age relaxation to OBC candidates and five years to SC/ST candidates. You can not avail more than five years upper age relaxation even if you are an Ex Serviceman.

You are not eligible for Bank PO exam at age of 48 years.
5th July 2016, 12:32 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, I want to appear in Bank P.O exam. I am 48 years old Army retired Personnel. Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O exam? Kindly let me know as soon as possible.
As per age criteria, you are not eligible fr Bank PO exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for bank PO exam.

Your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

Age relaxation:=

OBC Candidates – 03 years.
SC/ST Candidates- 05 years.
Ex servicemen-10 years.

Persons With Disabilities (PWD):

1.PWD (SC/ST- 15Years 2.PWD (OBC)- 13 Years
3. PWD (Gen)- 10 Years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?