21st January 2017, 02:20 PM
bablukaijkar

Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam after completing BA at the age of 22 years?

Respected Sir, I have completed my Graduation with BA course from Open University and now my age is 22 years. I want to apply for Combined Defense Service Exam so I want to know am I eligible to apply for CDS exam after completing BA at the age of 22 years? Please answer as soon as possible.

22nd January 2017, 11:24 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam after completing BA at the age of 22 years?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablukaijkar View Post
Respected Sir, I have completed my Graduation with BA course from Open University and now my age is 22 years. I want to apply for Combined Defense Service Exam so I want to know am I eligible to apply for CDS exam after completing BA at the age of 22 years? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, definitely you can apply for CDS Exam.

According to eligibility criteria of CDS, your age must be between 19 to 22 years.

Important Dates:
  • Online application starts: 9 November 2016
  • Last date to apply: 2nd December 2016
  • Commencement of Exam: 5 February 2017

Some of the notable books for preparation of CDS Exam are:

General Mental Ability Logical Reasoning & Analytical Ability MCQs 1000+Q: Useful for IAS | PCS | NDA | SSC & all other examinations (English) (Paperback)
Author: portal Publications
Released: 2012
Publisher: Kalinjar Publication
Price: Rs.104

CDS 9 Years Topic-wise Solved Papers (2007-2015) (English) (Paperback)
Released: 2015
Publisher: Disha Publication
Price: Rs.225

CDS Chapterwise - Sectionwise Solved Papers (English) 1st Edition (Paperback)
Author: Arihant Experts
Released: 2012
Publisher: Arihant
Price: Rs.310
22nd January 2017, 05:07 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam after completing BA at the age of 22 years?

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and to join the same you will need to qualify CDS entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC.

Having completed your bachelor' degree ( Bachelor of Arts ) degree you are eligible for appearing in CDS entrance examination for joining IMA ( Indian Military Academy ) and OTA ( Officer's Training Academy ) wings of CDS.

Further for joining IMA your age need to lie within 19 years to 24 years and for joining OTA it must lie within 19 years to 25 years.

For more details and updates about CDS entrance examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd January 2017, 05:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CDS examination. CDS examination is conducted twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment in defence service.The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 19-24 years ( Indian Army ) or 19-25 years ( OTA ).

So, you can appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages and have to qualify in both stages of examination for final selection. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd January 2017, 05:52 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination after completion of your B.A course at the age of 22 years. Eligibility criteria required to appear in CDS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You should be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You should have passed Bachelor's degree or equivalent from a Government recognised university.
--> For Indian Naval Academy :- You should have passed Bachelor's degree in Engineering from a Government recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You should have passed Bachelor's degree from a Government recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officer's Training Academy :- 19-25 years

4. You should be an Unmarried Male candidate.

5. You should be Physically and Mentally healthy.
22nd January 2017, 05:54 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Combined Defence Service examination conducted for recruitment in defence service in Indian Air Force, Army, Navy and Officer's Training Academy.

But, you are only eligible to appear in examination for recruitment in OTA or in Indian Army. The eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline but age limit for OTA is 19-25 years and for Indian Army 19-24 years.

Only unmarried and physically fit candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages ( written and SSB ).

Candidates first have to qualify in written and then they are called for SSB ( Service Selection Board ).

As UPSC conducts the examination detail information is available at it's official website www.upsc.gov.in.
22nd January 2017, 05:55 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam after completion of your graduation in arts. Qualifications for CDS exam are :

1. Candidates must have completed their graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
2. Age of candidates must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Thanks
22nd January 2017, 08:38 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility criteria for CDS exam:-

The Combined Defence Services Examination basically called as CDS exam is being conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice every year in the nation.

Educational qualification:-

The degree from University.

Age limit:-

The minimum age is 18 years and maximum age limit is 23 years.

The physical requirements for the CDS exam can be checked as are maintained in the CDS exam notification by UPSC.
22nd January 2017, 11:39 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by bablukaijkar View Post
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian Naval Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized University.

Indian Air Force Academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized University.

Indian Military Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized University.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 Years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 Years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 Years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 Years
15th October 2019, 09:02 AM
Unregistered

I am 16 years old, should am l eligible to give CDs exam after 2 years i.e in the age of 18
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?