15th May 2015, 05:57 PM
Unregistered

Why I am not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam being a 24 years old ST candidate?

Hello,
I am from the ST community and a graduate. I am 24 years old, when I tried to apply for CDS I was informed that I am not eligible for it. I totally don't understand why I was barred from this exam. Please tell me why?

19th May 2015, 01:34 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Why I am not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam being a 24 years old ST candidate?

Being a 24 year candidates are eligible to apply for CDS examination. There is no caste problem in CDS examination. Any community candidate can apply for CDS Examination. You are failed to check CDS Age limits. I mean, you have to check before whether you are satisfied CDS exam eligibility criteria or not.

Military Academy Age limits: 19-24 years.
Air Force Academy Age limits: 19-24 years.
Naval Academy Age limits: 19-22 years.
Officer Training Academy Age limits: 19-25 years.

So, the age limits differs from one service to other service and one more thing you have to check the date of birth mentioned in notification. Every notification, they will publish certain age limits to apply for this examination.

For example (CDS I 2015): Naval Academy: The candidate born not earlier than 2nd January 1992 and not later than 1st January 1997 only are eligible to apply. Like this, they mentioned in notification. Sometimes, you are satisfied, but you are date of birth wise you are ineligible to apply. So, before applying for the post please check the notification. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
19th May 2015, 06:25 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Why I am not eligible to apply for CDS entrance exam being a 24 years old ST candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello,
I am from the ST community and a graduate. I am 24 years old, when I tried to apply for CDS I was informed that I am not eligible for it. I totally don't understand why I was barred from this exam. Please tell me why?
Your age is 24 years old so you are eligible for CDS OTA exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 Years
19th May 2015, 06:35 PM
Ashwakh

Remember , maximum age limit to apply for the CDS exam is 25 years. To join in Army through CDS exam , maximum age limit is 24 years only .
There is no Relaxation for any category candidate for the CDS exam .

~ Through CDS exam , you are not eligible to join in Navy , Airforce and Army.

~ You are eligible to join in OTA only .
OTA Stands for Officers Training Academy.

The exam will be conducted by Union public service commission , twice in every year.

~~ You should be a citizen of India to apply for the exam .
~~ You shouldbe an Unmarried candidate.

Selection process is ,

1. Written exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical Test

Exam syallabus is ,

1. General knowledge = 100 marks
2. General english = 100 marks
3. Elementary maths = 100 marks
19th May 2015, 10:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

I think that the reason for you ineligible to appear in CDS examination is age limit. You can check whether you have satisfied the age limit or not by checking the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
--> For Indian Military Academy (IMA) :- You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent from a recognised university.
--> For Indian Naval Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree in Engineering from a recognised university.
--> Indian Air Force Academy :- You must have completed Graduation degree from a recognised university with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

3. Age Limit :-
--> Indian Military Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Air Force Academy :- 19-24 years
--> Naval Academy :- 19-22 years
--> Officers’ Training Academy :- 19-25 years

4. Only Unmarried Male candidates are eligible to apply for Indian Military Academy and Indian Naval Academy.

5. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC CDS examination notification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?