26th November 2016, 10:34 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a Female B.Sc Maths student?

Respected Sir, I am a Female student of B.Sc Maths so I want to know am I eligible for CDS exam? If yes then for which post can I apply? Please answer as soon as possible.

28th November 2016, 03:03 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a Female B.Sc Maths student?

Yes, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination being a Female B.Sc. Mathematics graduate. Being a female candidate, you are eligible to apply for only Officer's Training Academy (OTA) for appearing in CDS examination.

You need to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility criteria to be eligible to appear in CDS examination :-

=> You should be a citizen of India.

=> You should have passed Bachelor's degree or an equivalent examination from a Government recognied university.

=> You should be at least 19 years old and not more than 25 years of age.

=> You should be an Unmarried candidate.

=> You should be Physically as well as mentally healthy.
28th November 2016, 03:08 PM
mani98

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a Female B.Sc Maths student?

I am sorry to say that you can not eligible for CDS exam. Because female candidates are not eligible.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service. This exam conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

CDS-I
CDS-II

CDS has three wings

Indian Army
Indian Navy
Indian Airforce

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Candidate should complete the graduation from any recognised University.

Only male candidates are eligible. Female candidates are not eligible.
28th November 2016, 05:47 PM
Sweet6
Junior Member+

Yes you are eligible for the CDS exam after completing B.Sc.You can join anyone of the following defence academy.

Indian Military Academy

Indian Naval Academy

Indian Air Force

Officer Training

Eligibility Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy- You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Indian naval academy- You should have a bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognized university.

Indian Air Force - You should have a bachelor's degree in any discipline with maths & physics subjects.

Officers training - Same as Indian Military Academy.

Age Criteria :-

Indian Military Academy - 19 to 24 years

Indian Naval Academy - 19 to 22 years

Indian Air Force - 19 to 23 years

Officers training - 19 to 25 years

Unmarried male & female candidates are eligible.

I would like to suggest you should apply for Indian Air Force.
28th November 2016, 10:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am a Female student of B.Sc Maths so I want to know am I eligible for CDS exam? If yes then for which post can I apply? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for CDS exam.

You can apply for CDS exam in below given post.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Indian Air force academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics from a recognized university.

Indian Military academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19 to 24 years
Air Force Academy: - 19 to 23 years
Naval Academy: - 19 to 22 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19 to 25 years
6th August 2018, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for CDS exam being a female B.A graduate?
25th November 2019, 11:59 AM
Unregistered

sir i have completed bsc in mth can i applay for naval inet exam?
4th July 2021, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Can we join Execute branch in navy after cds
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?