25th January 2017, 01:01 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exam at the age of 42 years?

Respected Sir, I am a 42 years old man who has completed his Post Graduation from Cambridge. I want to appear for Government Bank exams so that I can earn for my self. Can I apply for Government Bank exam at the age of 42 years? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Which course I can take after 12th to ensure that I will become government bank officer in future?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for Government job exams if I am 40 years old?
  3. Am I eligible to become a Government Bank Po if I did not have Commerce in class 12th?
  4. Am I eligible for central government jobs being 39 years of age?
  5. Am I eligible to give UPSC Exam at the age of 38 years being a state Government Employee? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible to appear for Am I eligible to appear for Bank P.O. exam being 48 years old Army Retired Personnel?
  7. Am I eligible to get a government job after 38 years of age?
  8. Can I apply for Bank PO exam in private or any government bank after scoring 70% in PG and 59.8% in UG at an age of 35 years?
  9. Can I appear for bank and government jobs after my B.Com general graduation from Calcutta university?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for government jobs after completion of BA in long distance mode?
  11. Is it possible to get government job being 37 years old and divorced?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for the government job exams after the age of 33 years?
  13. After 3 years B.Sc Nautical Science or 4 years Marine engineering am I eligible to apply for government Bank or Railway jobs
  14. How can I get a good job after completing M.Com?
  15. Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank jobs after completing 4 years BFA Degree course?
  16. Can a B.Sc Nursing candidate who is doing a job eligible to write Bank exams? Procedure to apply for it? Which post I can get?
  17. Can I appear for bank exam after scoring 52% in B.Com 1st year?
  18. Can I apply for ICICI bank exam if I have completed graduation?

27th January 2017, 04:23 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exam at the age of 42 years?

No, you are not eligible to apply for Government bank examination at the age of 42 years. The age criteria required to apply for government bank examination is 18 years to 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules to apply for examination. The maximum age limit to appear in government bank examination for reserved category candidate is 40 years. So, being a 42 years old candidate, you are not eligible to apply for government bank examination.

27th January 2017, 10:58 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for Government Bank exam at the age of 42 years?

No, you have surpass the maximum age limit to appear for government jobs examination for recruitment in banking sector if you do not belong to reserved category.

As per general criteria to appear for examination the age limit is between 20-30 years with special relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category, handicapped, defence or ex-serviceman candidates.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in jobs. For recruitment in jobs you have to appear and qualify in entrance examination conducted by IBPS or SBI. So, to have detail information about examination visit at www.ibps.in or www.sbi.co.in.

27th January 2017, 11:23 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

The age limit for post of clerk and Probationary officer in government banks is:

>>Clerical post: 20-28 years.

>>Probationary officer: 20-30 years.

Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates. So, even taking upper age relaxation into account, you can not apply for government bank examination.

28th January 2017, 05:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am a 42 years old man who has completed his Post Graduation from Cambridge. I want to appear for Government Bank exams so that I can earn for my self. Can I apply for Government Bank exam at the age of 42 years? Please answer as soon as possible.
As per age criteria, you are not eligible for Government bank exam.

The minimum educational qualification for government bank exam is graduation degree from a recognized University.

For PO post, your age should be in between 20 to 30 years.

For clerical post, your age should be in between 18 to 28 years.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?