23rd September 2017, 06:15 PM
Ashfa Aman

Am I eligible to apply for pilot entrance exams after completion of school with commerce background and maths?

Am I eligible to apply for pilot entrance exams after completion of school with commerce background and maths? What are the minimum criteria required to apply for the course? Can you please give me the complete details on this soon? Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Admission in ACCA 2016 is possible without maths in XII Commerce?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for M.Sc Maths entrance exam in 2018 after completion of B.Sc Maths with 55.40 percent?
  3. Procedure to apply for Commercial Pilot training through NIOS?
  4. Am I eligible to become a pilot right after completion of 10th in commerce?
  5. Am I eligible to apply for regional Maths Olympiads exam after completion of school?
  6. Which short term courses are beneficial for my career? Which is more beneficial between embedded and VLSI?
  7. Can I do B.Com course being a BA student with Political Science as major?
  8. Can I do M.A in Economics after completion of B.Com with commerce background?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for automobile engineering abroad after completion of 12th in commerce with additional maths?
  10. How can I apply for bank job after completion of 12th commerce course?
  11. Which entrance exam to apply for Loco Pilot job in Railways after completion of 12th standard?
  12. Which Entrance Exams can I appear for after completion of 12th being a candidate of Commerce with Maths?
  13. Which course should I prefer after 10th to become a Loco Pilot?
  14. How can I apply for TGT maths in CBSE school?
  15. Can I become a Pilot having completed 12th without Maths? Procedure and fees to become a Pilot?
  16. Am I eligible to do CA course after passing 12th in an open school?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for D.Sc school assistant physical science after completion of B.Sc Maths Physics Computers? -- [New]
  18. What are the career options for me after completion of 12th class with Commerce and Computers? Which Entrance Exams I have to sit for? -- [Most Discussed]
24th September 2017, 12:50 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for pilot entrance exams after completion of school with commerce background and maths?

Commerce background student can not become pilot. Candidate need to be Science side with maths as a compulsory subject to be a pilot.
>> Age limit to be a pilot starts from age of 16 years .
>> There are three stage of pilot licence >> Student pilot licence >> Private pilot licence , Commercial pilot licence
>> Commerce background student can apply for ground duty staff in air force or in airport.
24th September 2017, 06:43 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for pilot entrance exams after completion of school with commerce background and maths?

No, you are not eligible for attending pilot entrance exam because the minimum eligibility requirements is 10+2 in PCM stream. So, you need to complete your 10+2 education with minimum 50% from any recognised board.

For becoming commercial pilot you need to complete your 10+2 and join in pilot training schools for 3 months. After completing training you need to attend for the license exam like SPL, CPL and PPL. Based on your performance in the exam you’ll be given license. Based on the license you can attend interviews for airline companies and become a commercial pilot.

For becoming pilot in Indian Air Force you need to attend entrance exam named NDA, AAFCAT after 10+2. If you have cleared the entrance exam then you can become pilot in Indian Air Force.
24th September 2017, 10:15 PM
spike.raghu

You must complete Class XII under the 10+2 system or its equivalent with a minimum of 50 per cent marks in maths and physics. You must be at least 16 years of age to be eligible for a Student Pilot License, 17 for a Private Pilot License, and 18 for a Commercial Pilot License.
Since you dont get to have physics in commerce, as per my knowledge it's should be a no.
But there may be some exceptions, don't lose your hope. Try to contact some institution which provide pilot training for more details.
24th September 2017, 11:47 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are not eligible to apply for pilot entrance examination as because you are from Commerce background.
Candidate must have from Science stream having Physics, Chemistry, and Maths.

Eligibility criteria followed are as under:-
Candidate must have completed their Intermediate from Science stream having PCM as compulsory subjects.
Candidate age should be under 16.5 years to 19 years.
Candidate should be citizen of India.
Candidate should be unmarried male and girls are not allowed.
Candidate should be physically as well as mentally fit.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?