18th August 2011, 11:00 PM
pradeep.rawat979

Am I eligible for CDS after completing my graduation?

sir my name is pradeep rawat. i am strart my b.sc and my dob is 17/oct/1992. so iam eligable for cds after complete my graduation.

19th August 2011, 10:05 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for CDS after completing my graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep.rawat979 View Post
sir my name is pradeep rawat. i am strart my b.sc and my dob is 17/oct/1992. so iam eligable for cds after complete my graduation.
Yes, you are eligible for UPSC CDS Examination after Graduation.

CDS Stands for Combined defense Services examination and to apply for this examination you need to complete your Graduation from a recognised university.

>> After Clear the CDS Examination, Candidates may join these Academy -

Indian Military Academy (IMA)
Naval Academy
Air Force Academy
Officers Training Academy (OTA).

>> For IMA/OTA - Candidates must have completed his graduation in any discipline from a recognised university And for IMA Candidates age should between 19 to 24 years, And for OTA your age should between 19 to 25 years.

>> For Naval Academy You need to complete your B.sc Degree with Physics and Mathematics OR completed engineering degree course and your age should between 19 to 22 years.

>> For Air-Force Academy you need to complete your Engineering degree or B.sc Degree with Physics and Mathematics and your age should between 19 to 23 years.

The Notification of this examination was Published in the employment Newspaper OR In the UPSC Official website, So please apply for this examination next year, the schedule of Next year UPSC CDS Examination was Updated in the Official website, So please check the website for complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
19th August 2011, 10:11 PM
Sehwag6

ya you are eligible for combined defense services(cds) exams

the eligibility is graduation in any stream

the exams are conducted by union public service commission

age limit is 19 to 25years

for further details www.upsc.gov.in

all the best
19th August 2011, 10:14 PM
sachin200792

CDS examination is conducted by UPSC for the candidates who want to join army after their graduation. CDS examination is conducted for the graduate students to get a direct entry into Indian Military Academy after qualifying CDS exam.

Age of the candidate must be in between 19 to 24 years to be eligible for this examination. If you satisfy this criteria after your graduation then you are eligible to join IMA only after qualifying CDS exam.
19th August 2011, 10:30 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Absolutely pradeep you are eligible for CDS examination on the basis of your graduation degree i.e BSc.

Minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for Combined Defence Services (CDS) examination is to be graduate in any stream except fine arts. There is no minimum percentage of marks required to be eligible.Well if someone is willing to join Navy or Air force wing then he must have pass 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics. The candidate must be male indian within the age limit of 19 to 23 years on the date of commecement of training. No age relaxation is provided to any candidate in any condition.

Therefore as per your age you will be eligible to appear for the examination. Please note that final year/semester appearing students can also appear for the examination so you can also apply for the examination provisionally while appearing in the final year.
19th August 2011, 10:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will be eligible for CDS exam after completing your graduation.

The basic requirement criteria for CDS exam are:

1. Educational Qualification
Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and equivalent.

2. Age
19 years to 24 years

3. Nationality
Indian

4. Marital Status
Single.

CDS exam is held twice in a year normally in the month of May and October.

For your preparation you can follow this book:

Quantitative Aptitude For Competative Examination
Author: R.S Aggarwal
Publisher: S. Chand and Company
Subject: Quantitative Aptitude
Price: Rs.350

For further details visit...http://upsc.gov.in
19th August 2011, 11:30 PM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Hello friend ....

CDS is the entrance exam for getting into the Indian army,Air force and the Navy.CDS stands for the Combined Defence Services.It is conducted twice every year by the UPSC .

The eligibility criteria for the CDA entrance exam is that the candidates should have passed their graduation from any discipline but from a recognized university .

The age limits for the same is between 19 years to 25 years for the general category candidates.
Also there is the upper age relaxation for the OBC of 3 years and for te SC/ST it is 5 years.

Except for the Army wing , for the rest two wing that is the Air force and the navy wing you need to have the engineering degree from the recognized university.
But for the Army wing simple graduation form any discipline is eligible.

And ya of course you are eligible for the CDA exam after you graduation is completed.
So study well and do hard works to qualify the CDS entrance exam and make your country proud on you.

Here I have even attached the complete detailed information regarding the CDS exam.But then also if you need some other info you can visit the UPSC official website : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Hope this would have provided a solution to the problem.

Best of luck in future.

Regards
~PRAVIR~
Attached Files
File Type: pdf CDS-II-2011-English.pdf(133.1 KB, 69 views)
19th August 2011, 11:51 PM
saugata2008

though the eligibility criteria for CDS is graduation , so you are eligible .
After Clear the CDS Examination you can join -

1.Indian Military Academy (IMA)
2.Naval Academy
3.Air Force Academy
4.Officers Training Academy (OTA).

But remember there is certain age limit -

1.Indian Military Academy (IMA)(19 to 24 years)
2.Naval Academy(between 19 to 22 years)
3.Air Force Academy(between 19 to 23 years)
4.Officers Training Academy (OTA)(between 19 to 23 years)

Thank you
20th August 2011, 12:05 AM
Bmsri

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for CDS after completing my graduation?

Hi friend,

You are surely eligible for appearing in CDS exam after finishing your graduation. CDS is the exam conducted by Combined Defense Service. It is to allow the peoples to join in Indian Army, Navy and Air force.

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-You require Degree from a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For joining in Indian Naval Academy :You require a Degree in Engineering.

3. For Joining in Air Force Academy :You require a Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Thus you would have understood that you are eligible for joining in army and
air force but not in Navy.
20th August 2011, 12:34 AM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC CDS Examination after Graduation.

CDS Stands for Combined defense Services examination
For Air-Force Academy you need to complete your Engineering degree or B.sc Degree with Physics and Mathematics and your age should between 19 to 23 years.
all d best
20th August 2011, 12:49 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Lightbulb Re: Am I eligible for CDS after completing my graduation?

Quote:
CDS is Combined Defence Service and this exam is one of the defence service exam.

Yeah,you could attend the CDS but not now but after finishing your degree or when writing your final degree exam.

CDS exam is held for candidates to join in Indian Military academy,Air force,Navy.

Eligibility criteria:

For Indian Military academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-24 years of age are eligible.

For Naval academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-22 years of age are eligible.

For Air force academy:

Only male unmarried candidates with 19-23 years of age are eligible.

For Officer's training academy:

Unmarried or married male candidates with 19-25 years of age are eligible.

Education Qualification:

For Military and Officers training academy:

A degree from a recognized university is needed.

For Indian Naval Academy:

A degree in the field of engineering is needed.

For Air force academy:

A degree from a recognized university with physics and maths at 10 and 12 level or a B.E degree is needed.

All the best.
20th August 2011, 01:46 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello Pradeep,
Combined Defense Service exam is conducted for recruitment of officers in Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air-Force. The eligibility criteria varies as per the defense force.
Since you have done BSc, you are eligible for Indian Army.
For Indian Navy, you must have done BSc with Physics and Mathematics as major subjects and for Indian Air Force, you must have studied Physics and Mathematics at +2 level along with a BSc degree.

The age limit for each defense force are as follows:
Indian Army- 19-24 years
Indian Navy- 19-22 years
Indian Air Force- 19-23 years

For more information, refer to the official website of UPSC.
20th August 2011, 03:01 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, my friend you are definitely eligible for CDS exam after completion of your graduation...
CDS exam(combined defense service) is generally conducted by UPSC every year..

You can apply for any of these three posts through CDS exam-
1.Indian military Academy
2.Indian Air force academy
3. Indian Naval academy.

The eligibility criteria for these posts are mentioned individually..

Educational qualification-
CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy-Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.

AGE , SEX, and MARITAL status-
i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 (2nd January, 1988 in case of NCC/Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders) and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1989 and not later than 1st January, 1993 only are eligible.

These are the criteria you have to fulfill...
All the best...
20th August 2011, 09:29 AM
ASHWANI42092

Dear friend,
Yes of course you are eligible for CDSE.CDSE stands for Combined defense service exam and this exam is conducted by UPSC
twice in a year .CDSE allows only those who have completed their graduation in any discipline.Age limit is different for all three forces .
Age limit for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Navy 18-22 years.
Age limit for Air force 19-23 years.
You have already missed one CDS application form
which was released in the month of May 2011. Next CDSE application form is going to releasein the month of October -November .For further information you can login the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in and you can also refer employment newspaper .
21st August 2011, 07:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university with any discipline are eligible for CDS exam.

But the age criteria from different sector are different.like

For army :-19 to 24 year.
For navy :-19 to 22 year.
For air force :-19 to 23 year.

Yes , you are eligible for CDS exam because you have completed your graduation.

For more information you can login the official website that is www.upsc.gov.in and you can also refer employment newspaper .

thanks
5th September 2011, 11:09 AM
Unregistered

I AM NOT ABLE TO GET APPLICATION FORM SO WILL U PLEASE HELP ME OUT AND WHAT IS THE LAST DATE FOR APPLICATION SUBMISSION
6th November 2011, 02:50 PM
gurinderjeet

Quote:
Pradeep you said that you have started your graduation this year so that means it will be completed by the year 2014.
So you can certainly try for CDS exams in 2014.
while filling out the form for CDSE u will have sepicfy your wing prefrence.
That you will decide on the basis of your age and subjects in graduation.

Age criteria is as following:
Age limit for Army 19-24 years.
Age limit for Navy 18-22 years.
Age limit for Air force 19-23 years.

Educational qualification is following:
For Army: I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy requires a bachelors degree iny stream from a recognised University or equivalent.
For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering.
For Air Force Academy : Degree of Recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering
26th April 2012, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

sir i am manmeet kaur , m a girl so m i eligible for cds in air force wing or not?
11th May 2012, 07:08 PM
tash1991

Yes you are eligible for CDS after your completing graduation the minimum educational qualification for CDS is
1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ / Rtg.

Thanking you sir
11th May 2012, 08:20 PM
a444

hello,yes you eligible for cds examination

Combined Defence Services Examination (I) – CDS Exam Eligibility 2012

CDS Examination (I) – CDS Exam Eligibility 2012

(a) Nationality : A candidate must either be :

i. A Citizen of India, or

ii. A subject of Bhutan, or

iii. A subject of Nepal, or

iv. A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(b) Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status

i. For IMA-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1988 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.

ii. For Naval Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1991 ( 2nd January, 1989 in case of NCC Naval Wing ‘C’ Certificate holders ) and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible.

iii. For Air Force Academy-Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd January, 1990 and not later than 1st January, 1994 only are eligible

(c) CDS Educational Qualifications :

1. For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy : Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.

2. For Indian Naval Academy : Degree in Engineering for CDSE and Degree in Engineering or B.Sc. ( with Physics or Mathematics ) for NCC entry.

3. For Air Force Academy : Degree of recognized University ( with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level ) or Bachelor of Engineering.

Graduates with first choice as Army / Navy / Air Force are to submit proof of graduation provisional certificates on the date of commencement of the SSB Interview at the SSB.

Candidates who are studying in the final year Degree course and have yet to pass the final year degree examination can also apply but they will be required to submit proof of passing the degree examination to reach the Army HQ / Rtg.

all the best
3rd September 2013, 04:02 PM
EFDRTG

Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

Eligibility for IMA:-

The candidate should be complete bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The age limits are 19 years to 24 years.
No age relaxation.

Eligibility for NA:-

The candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in engineering from a recognised university.
Percentage is not required.
The age limits are 19 years to 22 years.
No relaxation in age.

Eligibility for IAF:-

Candidate should have to complete bachelor's degree in Engineering from any recognised university.
Applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 23 years.
No upper age relaxation.

Eligibility for OTA

The applicant should be complete degree in any stream from a recognised university.
The applicant's age should be in between 19 years to 25 years.
There is no upper age relaxation.

Selection process:

Written exam,
Personal interview,
Medical test.

Syllabus:

English,
General knowledge,
mathematics.

For more details visit

www.upsc.gov.in
15th September 2013, 04:28 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend yes, you are eligible to apply CDS exam after completing your Graduation degree from a recognized University.

CDS stand for Combined Defence Service.

CDS exam conducted by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) two times in a year.

CDS exam is conducts for following wings:-

Indian Military Academy :-

Candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Age should be between 19 years to 24 years.

Indian Naval Academy:-

Candidate should be complete a Graduation degree with studied maths,phyaics,chemistry in b.tech or equivalent from a recignised University.

Age should be between 19 years to 22 years.

Indian Airforce:-

Candidate should be complete a Graduation degree with PCM sujects in b.tech or equivalent from a recognised University.

Age should be between 19 years to 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy:-

Candidate should be complete Bachelor's degree in any stream from a recognised university.

Age should be between 19 years to 25 years.

There is no age relaxation for CDS exam.

Candidate should be an Indian Citizen.

Selection process:-

- Written exam,

- Personal interview,

- Medical test.

For more information visit:- http://upsc.gov.in

Best of luck........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?