5th September 2017, 01:01 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do Biotechnology course without having maths in 12th standard?

Am I eligible to do Biotechnology course without having maths in 12th standard? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be really helpful for me to decide soon if you answer me fast. Thank you!

5th September 2017, 03:27 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Biotechnology course without having maths in 12th standard?

Yes, you can join Biotechnology course but not in B.Tech but you can join in B.Sc.

The eligibility required for joining B.Tech biotechnology course is the candidate should have done their 10+2 in PCM subjects so, you cannot join in B.Tech biotechnology course.

The eligibility required for B.Sc biotechnology course the candidate who have done their 12th class in any maths/ science stream from any recognised board. So, you can join in B.Sc Biotechnology course.
5th September 2017, 04:15 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do Biotechnology course without having maths in 12th standard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to do Biotechnology course without having maths in 12th standard? Can you please give me the details on the minimum criteria which is followed? It will be really helpful for me to decide soon if you answer me fast. Thank you!

Yes, you are eligible to apply for biotechnology course after completing your 10+2 in science stream without math’s subject. After completing 10+2 the best option for you to join biotechnology course is B.SC biotechnology. Here below are details regarding B.SC Biotechnology course:-

Educational Qualification Required:-
Minimum qualification required to apply for B.SC Biotechnology is 10+2 in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects from government recognized board.

Duration of B.SC Biotechnology Course:- Duration of B.Sc Biotech Course is 3 years.

Entrance Exams for B.Sc Biotechnology:-

1). AIIMS Biotechnology Entrance Exam.

2). All India Biotechnology Entrance Exam.

3). Amity Institute of biotechnology entrance exam.

4). Combined biotechnology entrance exam.

5). Indian institute of technology JAM biotechnology entrance exam.

6). University of Delhi Biotechnology entrance exam.

7). University of Mysore Biotechnology entrance exam.

Career Options after B.SC Biotechnology:-

>> Research associate.

>> Marketing manager.

>> Sales officer.

>> Biotech product analyst.

>> Assistant research analyst.
5th September 2017, 04:21 PM
19Amanpreet
Member+

The minimum eligibility for this course is a pass in 10+2 in science stream with either Mathematics or Biology or both as compulsory subject. For institutes like India Institute of Technology mostly known as IIT, it is compulsory to pass in Joint Entrance Examination J.E.E. while other universities also hold their own entrance tests.

Candidates can also pursue this course without mathematics as their subject i.e. PCB. University like Jawaharlal Nehru University offers admissions for the students who did not have mathematics in 12th standard. Some universities consider Biology as a compulsory subject.
5th September 2017, 06:27 PM
Abhijeet_2016
Senior Member+

If you have qualified 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry ,Maths or Biology or any other life science subject then you are eligible for the B.Sc in Biotechnology course from any institute across India.
*** Will request to to qualify GATE exam for entrance in good college.

Some recommended college for Biotechnology
>> University of Mumbai
>> Institute of Engineering technology, Chandigarh
>> Bioinformatic center , Pune University
>> Jamia Millia Islamia , Delhi
5th September 2017, 06:32 PM
ravinayadav256

Eligibility for biotechnology:-

Student must have passed 12th in science stream(physics ,chemistry and biology) with minimum 55% aggregate marks from a recognized board.

Some reputed colleges/universities conduct their own entrance exam to get admission in their courses.

List of some entrance exams:-

AIIMS
Delhi JAM biotechnology entrance exam
All India biotechnology entrance exam
University of delhi biotechnology entrance exam

Job profiles after bachelor of biotechnology:-

Assistant research analyst
Research associate
Sales officer
Marketing manager
Biotech product analyst
5th September 2017, 09:46 PM
FRESHANSWERS
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible without having Mathematics in 12th standard. Actually Maths is not desired for Biotechnology course. You must have Biology to pursue biotechnology course after 12th standard.
After completion of 12th standard, you may go either for bachelor's degree in biotechnology or three years graduation degree in bio science. You must not have any pending backlog in 12th standard and you have to score at least 55% marks to get admission in good college.
5th September 2017, 09:49 PM
Solo13
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for biotechnology.
A candidate must be 12th passed with physics chemistry and biology as the main subjects in class 12th.
You can get admission in biotechnology . You will get admission on the basis of your percentage or through entrance test.

You will required following documents-
Transfer certificate.
Mark sheet of class 12th exam.
5th September 2017, 11:55 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get admission in Biotechnology course after 12th.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed 12th with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology as main paper.

So, after qualifying in examination will be eligible to get admission in varies institutes.

For detail information about admission visit at official website of respective institute.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?