4th November 2017, 04:18 PM
Vikasreddy1994

Am I eligible to do masters in MCA IT after completion of 12th in science and B.Com Computer Application?

Hi Sir/Mam, I completed my 12 in science and I did my B.Com computer application through Distance Education. Am I eligible to do masters in MCA ( IT ) field in Abroad? For further studies. Can you please help me out with your answer?

7th November 2017, 08:57 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in MCA IT after completion of 12th in science and B.Com Computer Application?

To be eligible to do Master's in Computer Applications (MCA) in IT, you should have passed Bachelor's degree course from a Government recognised university with Mathematics subject at 12th standard or Bachelor's degree level. Admissions in MCA IT course are done through merit basis of Bachelor's degree examination marks or through entrance examination conducted by the respective college/ university. So, if you have pursued Mathematics subject at 12th standard or Bachelor's degree level then, you are eligible to do MCA IT course.
7th November 2017, 11:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do masters in MCA IT after completion of 12th in science and B.Com Computer Application?

MCA is Master in Computer Application and it is two year master degree course from any recognised university.

The common eligibility to appear in entrance examination for admission in course is that candidate must have passed 12th with mathematics as main paper.

So, you can appear in entrance examination to get admission in course. Some of the entrance examination are NIMCET, IIT JAM, GGS IPU etc..
9th November 2017, 09:10 PM
kachhadiyaramesh

Yes. You are eligible for the course MCA IT after completion of your B.Com (Computer Application). Most institutes offer the course based on entrance exam.

Career Options
- Software Engineer
- Software Tester
- Database Administrator
- System Administrator
- Information Security Professional
- Project Manager
- Lecturer
10th November 2017, 07:51 PM
Navneet patyal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikasreddy1994 View Post
Hi Sir/Mam, I completed my 12 in science and I did my B.Com computer application through Distance Education. Am I eligible to do masters in MCA ( IT ) field in Abroad? For further studies. Can you please help me out with your answer?

If you want to eligible for the Master's in computer Application (MCA) in IT, you should have a Bachelor degree from recognized university.
Mathematic is important in 12th stream. So, you should have 12th with mathematic from recognized board.
There are lots of career job opportunities.
You can join one of them.
You can become a software engineer. You can become a lectirer after completing MCA.
After completing MCA, you can join as a software tester in public and government sector.
^ After completing MCA, you can become system administrator, information security professional etc.

If you have any another query related to your career, feel free to ask on EALP.
Thank you
10th November 2017, 10:34 PM
Onlyforme

Yes, you are eligible to do MCA. If you have passed 12th with Mathematics. To get admission in MCA you will have to pass the entrance examination. Which is conducted by related university or college in which you are going to get admission.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?