11th June 2017, 10:19 AM
Vaibhav zond***

Am I eligible to get admission in AFMC on basics of 12th CBSE board marks?

Am I eligible to get admission in AFMC on basics of 12th CBSE board marks? Can you please give me the details on the same? What is the criteria required to apply? It will be really helpful if you can guide me with the answer on soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to take admission for NCHMCT after scoring 50% marks in CBSE 12th board exaination
  2. Is it compulsory to appear for 12th from CBSE board in order to get admission in AFMC?
  3. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  4. How may I get direct admission in B.Tech program after passing 12th with 81% marks in CBSE board?
  5. Is it possible to reappear in 12th with CBSE/MP Board if secured less marks in UP Board and migrated to MP?
  6. Which is better to study in 11th between CBSE and Maharashtra Board?
  7. Possibility to do 12th with CBSE Board after completion of 11th from State Board? Benefits of studying with CBSE Board?
  8. Am I eligible to get admission in St Xavier's College, Kolkata for B.Sc(H) if secured 90.2% in 12th CBSE Board exam? Cutoff marks for B.Sc(H) in this college?
  9. Am I eligible to get admission for 12th standard CBSE board after failing in 11th standard CBSE board? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Am I eligible to get admission in any colleges based on Delhi University after scoring 70% marks in CBSE board?
  11. Date of admission in B.Com course? I have scored 61% marks in 12th CBSE board
  12. Am I eligible for any IT company after scoring 60% marks in 12th?
  13. After march exams does any CBSE school will give me direct registration in 12th class?
  14. In which board should I take admission after 10th MP Board or CBSE? Will there be any affect on marks in CBSE board?
  15. Procedure to change board from CBSE non medical to PSEB non medical?
  16. Is it possible to repeat 12th CBSE board in another school after passing 12th with only 50%?
  17. Is it possible to change the board from CBSE to ICSE in 12th standard?
  18. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
14th June 2017, 05:01 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in AFMC on basics of 12th CBSE board marks?

No, admission in AFMC ( Armed Force Medical College ) will be not offered on the basis of aggregate on 12th board examination.

To get admission in AFMC candidate must have to appear and qualify in NEET examination conducted by CBSE every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or appearing for 12th from a recognised board. The minimum age limit to appear for examination is 17 years. Candidate must have scored minimum 50% in PCB in board examination.

But for admission in AFMC minimum required aggregate in PCB is 60% and final admission will be offered on basis score of NEET plus ToLER score conducted by AFMC

For more detail about examination visit at www.cbseneet.nic.in. for AFMC visit at www.afmc.nic.in.
14th June 2017, 09:59 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get admission in AFMC on basics of 12th CBSE board marks?

Admission in AFMC is conducted on NEET score and a short interview conducted by AFMC after qualifying in NEET examination.

To appear for NEET examination you only need to have minimum 50% in PCB and age above 17 years.

For admission in AFMC, the age limit is 17-22 years and minimum required aggregate in PCB must be 60%.

Candidates who qualifies in NEET examination have to fill the separate application for admission in AFMC. For more information about admission in AFMC log on to www.afmc.nic.in.
14th June 2017, 11:22 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AFMC stands for Armed Force Medical College. No, you can not get admission in AFMC on basis of marks in 12th board examination. Admission in this institute in MBBS course is given on basis of National Eligibility cum Entrance Test score card.

You can apply for next year NEET exam and secure good rank to get admission in AFMC.
15th June 2017, 09:23 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

AFMC stands for Armed Forces Medical College which is a medical college which offers admission in MBBS degree course to wards of defence personnel.

For admission in AFMC one is required to appear in NEET ( National Eligibility cum Entrance Test) for sure as admission in AFMC is done on the basis of performance in NEET.

Further for appearing in NEET you must hold the following qualifications :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age not lying under 17 years by the 31st December of that year in which you are appearing in the same examination.

* You must have completed your Class 12th with PCB group with at least 50% marks in the same from a recognized board. Marks relaxation of 10% is allowed for reserved category candidates.

So as far as you are concerned about the importance of marks in board examination for admission in AFMC then it is evident that board examination marks is only required for one's eligibility for appearing in NEET.

For more details regarding NEET you can refer to the link www.cbseneet.nic.in where for details regarding admission procedure of AFMC you can visit the link www.afmc.nic.in.
15th June 2017, 10:26 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The full form of AFMC is Armed Force Medical College.

1. To get admission in this college in MBBS course, you must crack National Eligibility cum Entrance test.

2. NEET is conducted by CBSE. Anyone who has done 12th with PCB subject and scored 50% marks in board exam can apply for NEET exam.

3. For admission in AFMC, you should score 70-75% marks in NEET exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?