14th June 2017, 11:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to give UPSC exam after completion of engineering?

Sir/Mam, Am I eligible to give UPSC exam after completion of engineering? Can you please guide me with the minimum criteria followed? What are the steps to follow to ensure that I will apply for the exam and clear the same. Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
15th June 2017, 10:34 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to give UPSC exam after completion of engineering?

UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission ) and it conducts entrance examination for recruitment of candidates on various officer's post.

Some of entrance examination conducted by UPSC are :-

Civil Service Examination.

CAPF.

CDS.

NDA etc.

So, the criteria for appearing in examination varies in age limit and discipline of bachelor degree.

But, if you want to appear for most common examination as Civil Service examination then required qualification to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for examination after completion of engineering. For any information about UPSC examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 11:08 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, after completion of engineering, you can apply for entrance examination conducted by Union Public Service Commission. You are eligible for following entrance exams:

>>Indian Engineering Services exam: Age limit is 21-30 years.

>>Civil Services Examination: 21-32 years.

>>Combined Defence Services examination: Age limit is 19-25 years.

>>Central Armed Police Force exam: 20-25 years.

There is three years upper age relaxation for OBC candidate and five years for SC/ST candidate. You are eligible and can apply for any of exam mentioned above as per your interest.
15th June 2017, 11:17 AM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible to appear for UPSC exams after completing engineering.

In fact, you can appear in the final year of your graduation course of engineering.

UPSC exam or Civil Services Exam for IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. will have three stages to qualify.
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Personal Interview
After clearing these three stages, you will be assigned posts.
15th June 2017, 01:51 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I think you want the eligibility for Civil Service or Engineering Service examination.

For Civil Service examination :-

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline and age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in age limit for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages and candidates have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

For IES :-

The eligibility is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in engineering or technology. The recruitment will be under four categories as Mechanical, Electrical, Civil and Electrical & Telecommunication. The age limit is 21-30 years with relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 02:26 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible for UPSC exams in which the minimum educational qualification is graduation like IAS, IPS, IES etc. You can apply for these exams on the official website of UPSC :

http://www.upsc.gov.in

Thanks
15th June 2017, 04:33 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission that conducts different examination for recruitment of Central government employees in various fields like administrative field, defense field, etc. .

But in general UPSC examination is used for Civil Services examination which is also held by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officer.

The minimum eligibility criteria required for appearing in the same examination are as here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie in between 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So having completed your engineering degree i.e; B.E./B.Tech which is a graduation degree course you are eligible for appearing in the same examination if you also satisfy the other eligibility criteria too.

Further for clearing the same examination you will have to be completely devoted towards studies as it is regarded as one of the toughest examination. Primarily you will have to work on your General Studies for which you will have to go through the NCERT books from Class 6th to Class 12th. Also you will have to be aware about Current Affairs and General knowledge for which you can get the help from various weekly and monthly magazines. Also you must need regularly go through the editorial part of the newspaper like The Hindu, Times of India, etc. . For better assistance you can join any coaching center offering courses for Civil Services examination.

For more details about Civil Services examination or any other examination held by UPSC you can visit the link www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 05:11 PM
srkallinone

Yes. You can apply for UPSC exam after completion of your bachelor's degree. You need to clear all the three stages to be selected for any post.

UPSC Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Your age should be between 21 to 32 years. Age Relaxation applicable 3 years to OBC and 5 years to SC/ST.
- Maximum allowed attempts are 6 general, 9 for OBC. No limits for SC/ST.

Selection
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Interview
15th June 2017, 05:58 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for CSE, CDS, IES, CAPF and other examination conducted by UPSC.

All these examination are conducted for recruitment of candidates as an officer in various departments.

The candidates have to qualify in all stages of respective examination for final selection.

Candidates passed bachelor degree in technology or engineering are eligible for all these examination. So, you are eligible.

The age limit varies for examination.

Civil Service - 21-32 years.

IES -21-30 years.

CDS between 19-25 years as according to various wings.

So, to get more detail about any specific examination you can log on to www.upsc.gov.in.
29th July 2020, 03:45 PM
Siddharth717

Yes, you can give IAS exam after your engineering. You have to appear for UPSC exam. ... 2- Candidates appearing at UPSC Civil Services examination shall be permitted a maximum of six attempts, which means the candidates who have appeared for the IAS examination for six times will not be considered eligible for UPSC CSE
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?