15th June 2017, 12:39 AM
Unregistered

Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Tech with 59% marks?

Hi, I did engineering after diploma in EEE; my career graph is downwards. SSC 84%, Diploma 63% & B.Tech 59%. Am I eligible to attend UPSC or any competitive exams? Kindly list out the jobs I can get. Thanks in advance.

15th June 2017, 10:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for UPSC exam after B.Tech with 59% marks?

Yes, you can apply for UPSC examination after completion of your B.Tech course with 59% marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in UPSC examination. You can apply for CDS, IAS, IPS, IES, etc., UPSC examinations to get a job after completion of your Engineering course.
15th June 2017, 12:41 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you are eligible to write any competitive examination. Those candidates who have successfully completed his/her graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible to write the government exams. You can write the exam for various posts such as SBI PO, SBI clerk, IBPS clerk, IBPS PO, SSC, RRB, UPSC, etc.
According to your marks of three phases (preliminary, mains and interview) in UPSC examination your post will be decided.
15th June 2017, 02:21 PM
shweta 1411
Senior Member+++++

You are eligible to write UPSC exam with 59% of marks. As because the minimum criteria of marks is 45%.

Eligibility criteria for UPSC are given below:-

Candidate must be a holder of bachelor degree from a recognized university in any discipline.
Candidate must have attained at least 45% of marks in their graduation.
Candidate age should not less than 21years and should not exceed 42 years.
Number of attempts for general candidates is 7.
For OBC it is 10 attempts.
For SC/ST no limit.
Candidate must be an Indian citizen.

Selection procedures are:-

Priliminary
Mains
Interview

If you want to join in any sector then you have various options and some of them are given below:-
BANK
SSC
MTS
BPSC
Railways
LIC
CDS
CA
Sub-Inspector
15th June 2017, 03:44 PM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Yes, you can apply for UPSC exams after completion of B.Tech with 59% marks. Candidates who have completed their graduation from a recognized university are eligible for UPSC exams or State PSC exams. You can apply for IAS, IPS, IES or other state PSC exams. Thanks
15th June 2017, 04:43 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for UPSC based examination's after completion of B.Tech course with 59% marks. There is a certain eligibility criteria in order to appear in UPSC examination's and here is the criteria:

>> You must have completed "Graduation" or "Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> For UPSC or any other competitive examination's, there is NO certain minimum percentage criteria required.

>> Only Graduation PASS is required in order to be eligible for appearing in UPSC or other competitive exams.

>> So, I am sure that you are eligible to apply for almost all the examination's with the percentages that are mentioned above.
15th June 2017, 08:49 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service examination conducted for recruitment as I.A.S, I.P.S, I.F.S recruitment.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from a recognised university. The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

So, you can appear for examination but have to qualify in all three stages of examination for final selection.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:21 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for competitive examination for recruitment in governmnt jobs.

Candidates passed B.Tech from recognised university either after 12th or diploma are eligible to appear in all examination where minimum required qualification is bachelor degree.

So, you are eligible to appear for UPSC Civil Service examination and after qualifying in all stages of examination will be eligible for recruitment in service also.

To get more information about Civil Service examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
15th June 2017, 09:22 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

In case of Union Public Service Commission, percentage of marks does not matter for eligibility of different exams. Candidates who have done bachelor's degree can apply for UPSC examinations.

Engineering candidates can apply for Indian Engineering Services examination. You are eligible for this exam with 59% marks in Bachelor of Technology. You can also apply for Combined Defence Services exam or Civil Services exam.
15th June 2017, 10:15 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

With 59% marks in Bachelor's degree in technology, you can apply for following UPSC entrance exams:

>>Engineering Services examination.

>>Civil Services examination.

>>Combined Defence Services exam.

>>Central Armed Police Force exam.

You can also apply for other competitive exams like SSC CGL, IBPS CWE, IB ACIO exam etc.
15th June 2017, 11:31 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

You are surely eligible to apply for UPSC based examination's after completion of B.Tech with 59% marks. In general, there is no certain percentage criteria required in order to be eligible.

The basic educational qualification required is Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any stream

There is no minimum percentage criteria required to be eligible

So as per my knowledge you are certainly eligible to apply
16th June 2017, 01:07 AM
ahmedfaiyaz
Senior Member+++

Yes you are very much eligible to apply for UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
Eligibility Criteria for UPSC examination:
>A candidate must be an Indian citizen.
>Candidate should have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized university.
>Candidates who are in their final year or waiting for results are also eligible to appear for UPSC preliminary examination.
>Age of the candidate should be within 21 years to 32 years, whereas for OBC and SC/ST category candidates, there are upper age relaxation of 3 years and 5 years respectively.
Various post available under UPSC Group A Services:
1. Indian Administrative Service
2. Indian Foreign Service
3. Indian Police Service
4. Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service
5. Indian Audit and Accounts Service
6. Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise)
7. Indian Defence Accounts Service
8. Indian Revenue Service (I.T.)
9. Indian Ordnance Factories Service (Assistant Works Manager,
Administration)
10. Indian Postal Service
11. Indian Civil Accounts Service
12. Indian Railway Traffic Service
13. Indian Railway Accounts Service
14. Indian Railway Personnel Service
15. Indian Railway Protection Force (Assistant Security Commissioner)
16. Indian Defence Estates Service
17. Indian Information Service (Junior Grade)
18. Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
19. Indian Corporate Law Service

Various post available under UPSC Group B Services:
1. Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service (Section Officer's Grade)
2. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and
Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service
3. Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and
Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service
4. Pondicherry Civil Service
5. Pondicherry Police Service
16th June 2017, 10:28 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi, I did engineering after diploma in EEE; my career graph is downwards. SSC 84%, Diploma 63% & B.Tech 59%. Am I eligible to attend UPSC or any competitive exams? Kindly list out the jobs I can get. Thanks in advance.
After completion of B.Tech course, you are eligible for UPSC exam like Civil service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for Civil Service UPSC exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for Civil Service exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview
16th June 2017, 11:51 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can apply for UPSC examination after the completion of your B.Tech course with 59% of marks in it.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognised University scoring a minimum of 50% of marks in it can apply for the UPSC examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?