12th October 2012, 08:24 PM
sromaan

Am I eligible for IES if I have done B.E electronics?

i done with B.E. electronics am i eligible for ies...Could u please tell em

Related Questions:
  1. IES exam for a CSE student?
  2. Am I eligible to appear IES examination with B.E. in Electronics and Instrumentation?
  3. Am I eligible for IES Exam having completed B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering?
  4. Can MS or M.Tech candidates be eligible for IES Exam?
  5. What is the actual difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? Am I eligible for IES Exam being a candidate of pursuing Electrical & Electronics Engineering? How to prepare for this Exam?
  6. IES exam in Electronics and Communication after Engineering in IT?
  7. Am I eligible for IES if I have done B.E electronics?
  8. How should I prepare for IES? Which books to prefer? I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  9. Can I apply for IES by using electronics and telecommunication paper
  10. How to prepare for ies 2010 electronics engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  11. How to crack IES exam if I am a student of electronics and telecommunication engineering
  12. After scoring 55.26% in B.Tech EEE can I be eligible for IES? How can I improvement English Vocabulary and writing skills?
  13. Am I eligible for IES if pursuing B.Tech(ECE)? What kind of job will I get if qualify in IES exam? -- [New]
  14. Can I be eligible for IES entrance exam being an IT student?
  15. What is the difference between Electrical & Electronics Engineering and Electrical Engineering? How can I prepare for IES being a candidate of Electrical & Electronics Engineering?
  16. Am I eligible for IES if I am 30 years old?
  17. How may I get IES Syllabus for Electronics and instrumentation engineering? I've done B.Tech(Electronics and instrumentation)
  18. How ca I prepare for IES entrance exam
13th October 2012, 09:09 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for IES if I have done B.E electronics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sromaan View Post

IES Stands for Indian Engineering Service examination and this examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission Once in a year.

If you have completed engineering discipline in following departments then you are eligible for IES exam

1.Civil Engineering
2.Electrical Engineering
3.Mechanical engineering.
4.Electronics and Communication Engineering.

OR

If you have completed Engineering course from any discipline then also you are applicable for IES exam.

OR

If you have M.Sc degree in Physics , Radio Physics then you are applicable for IES exam.Final year student also eligible for IES exam .

You are from BE Electronics department so you are applicable for IES Exam but you must in final year of your degree course or pass out candidate.

The applicant age should between 21 yrs to 30 yrs.Age relaxation is provide for SC/ST/OBC candidate.

Number of attempts for IES exam is for general student it is 4., for OBC it is 7 times. and for SC/ST it is 9 time.

Best Books for IES Exam for ECE

IES 2012: G.S. & English General Ability Solved Papers
by
Made Easy Team
Publisher: Made Easy Team

Guide For IES Engineering Service Examination: Electronics And Telecommunication Engineering
by
Deepak Gupta
Publisher: G. K. Publications Pvt. Ltd

I have attached the syllabus for IES exam for Electronics department so please check it out.

For more information , you can also visit http://upsc.gov.in
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IES SYLLABUS FOR ECE.pdf(83.6 KB, 58 views)
13th October 2012, 09:24 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
[IMG]bindassikar.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/UPSC-IES.jpg[/IMG]
UPSC ( Union Public Service Commission) conducts the recruitment exam for the young Engineers to work under the government sector in various departments through the IES ( Indian Engineering Services ) Examination every year.
Eligibility Criteria:
You must have completed the Engineering in the respective branches mentioned below,such as
Electrical Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Civil Engineering
Mechanical Engineering
You must have to follow following age criteria :
For General - 21 to 30 years
For SC/ST - 21 to 35 years
For OBC -21 to 33 years
For PD - 21 to 40 years
IES Exam Pattern :-
Written Exam:- Consist of 5 papers of 200 marks each. You can see the distribution of marks for each paper in following chart.
ies syl.jpg
Personality Test : If you qualify in written test then you will be called for personal interview where their personality will be judged, the interview carry 200 marks.
For more info visit UPSC website :- http://www.upsc.gov.in
13th October 2012, 01:16 PM
ankima
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sromaan View Post
Dear,

IES stands for Indian Engineering Services. This exam is most reputed exam for engineers, after qualifying this exam you can apply for the high government engineering posts.

Eligibility criteria for writing IES exam is as follows:
  1. You should be a citizen of india or bhutan or nepal.
  2. Age should be between 21-30 years which is relaxed upto 35 for government servants and for candidates belonging to SC/ST.
  3. Done engineering from a recognized university of India in following branch:
    • Mechanical
    • Civil
    • Electrical
    • Electronics and Telecommunication
    Or
  4. MSc from:
    • Wireless Communication
    • Electronics
    • Radio Physics or
    • Radio Engineering
    as a special subject.
Since you have done BE from electronics you are eligible to write IES in electronics and telecommunication.

Best of luck!
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?