25th January 2011, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

i have 3 years gap between 12th and engg.. Am i eligible for infosys..i have good percentage in 10th,12th, and in engg...pls reply

ranjan

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for placements after having a gap of 3 years after 12th? How much salary will I get and which companies?
  2. Am i eligible for Infosys and TCS with one year gap between Diploma and Degree?
  3. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement if I have 59% marks in 12th and 2 years study gap?
  4. Is it possible to get into job via Campus Placement if I have 2 years study gap?
  5. Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 2 years gap between 12th to B.Tech?
  6. Can I get job in TCS, CTS, Infosys and Capgemini if having 2 years gap after 12th? Percentage calculation in CTS and TCS?
  7. Am I eligible to get Job in Infosys having more than 75% in every academia and having 3 years gap?
  8. Can I be eligible for various IT Giants like Infosys, ICS, WIPRO after having 2 years gap
  9. Is it possible for me to get the job in Infosys or TCS after completion of B.Tech Mechanical Engineering?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for infosys campus placement with 55% marks in PUC?
  11. Placement in Infosys with two gap years between 12th standard and B.Tech?
  12. Am I eligible for infosys or any other good company after scoring 65% in B.Tech, 85% in 10th and 70% in 12th with 3 years gap in between 12th and B.Tech?
  13. Am I eligible for infosys campus placement with 74% marks in 10th, 66% in 12th and 64% in B.Tech?
  14. Eligibility to attend Infosys Interview for a candidate who has secured 8.9 CGPA in MCA?
  15. Am I eligible for IBM, TCS, WIPRO, Infosys and Accenture?
  16. Am I eligible for placements in companies like TCS, Wipro, Infosys having 1 year gap? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Eligibility criteria of Wipro and Infosys? Which marks will they consider while pursuing final year B.E IT among 12th or diploma? -- [New]
  18. Is it possible to get placed in TCS, CTS or Infosys before completion of my mechanical engineering course?
26th January 2011, 02:17 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

There is no such fixed eligiblity criteria as such where in if you have a gap year you are not eligible. But yeah the gap year will affect your chances for the getting into it.

The company asks for 60% in 10th 12th and graduation. So if you have scored good marks maybe they can ignore the gap years which you have got

They will also demand gap certificate. So keep that ready with you

All the best
26th January 2011, 03:06 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Dear Friend

As such there is no hard and fast rule for recruitment in Infosys.
But, candidates without any year gap are preferred for sure.
As you said that your percentage is very good throughout your
academics, I hope you would have good knowledge of your
engineering stream.
You should be good at programming if you are aiming for Infosys.
In some colleges' campus placement sometime this type of criteria
is seen that one should not have more than one/two year gap.
But this criteria never plays much important role in off-campus
interviews. So prepare your programming and coding skills well and
apply for the off-campus interview.
Also, I would like you to apply other companies like; TCS, Syntel, Wipro
Aricent, Sapient, IBM, Tech-Mahindra, ITC-infotech.
These software companies too offer similar job profiles.

Thank You
26th January 2011, 03:10 AM
akki89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have 3 years gap between 12th and engg.. Am i eligible for infosys..i have good percentage in 10th,12th, and in engg...pls reply

ranjan
No dear you are eligible to apply for Infosys placement process.
It is not certain that this year gap criteria will be there always
during the placement process, but it is also not certain that there
won't be any such criteria.
So, you should not be worried about it.
Also you can apply for Infosys off-campus recruitment program.
If somehow this year gap thing doesn't let you enter Infosys then
go for other software giants like TCS, Wipro
26th January 2011, 06:57 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Sure you do have a problem of a gap in career. So need to have a valid reason as to why you have a gap. You need to justify the same. Also companies like Infosys do look at the marks scored. If you have above 70% marks, they shall consider for the test. You need to score well in the test so that they call you for the interview where you have a chance to prove that taking you into company will be good for both the company and you.
26th January 2011, 07:41 AM
jits
Senior Member++++

Your eligible for the Infosys written examination if you have maintained an aggregate above 60% in your 10th,12th and have maintained an aggregate above 68% in your Engineering course.As you tell that you have maintained a good aggregate hence your eligible for the Infosys.

Your not going to face much trouble in your written examination but you need to have a proper reason for the 3 years gap which you have maintained between 12th and B.tech.If you have good academics then you can apply for all the Software Companies and MNC's.
26th January 2011, 08:52 AM
sauravkumarjhumritelaiya
Member+

don't worry if you have good marks in graduation then you can be selected in infosys.

but you will have to submit gap certificate .
26th January 2011, 09:35 AM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

No problem if you have secured good marks in your graduation or b.tech and have good knowledge ,then you can be selected.
Gapping can create problem when you are compared with a students having no gap.

you will have to produce gapping certificate at the time of getting job .

you can also apply for some other leading companies .i had attached a file which contains the eligibility criteria of all other companies.
Attached Files
File Type: docx elligibility criteria of different companies.docx(13.6 KB, 408 views)
26th January 2011, 09:40 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Cool Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Dear friend,

Definitely you are eligible for Infosys. Infosys or any other company does not ask such conditions. They only ask minimum 60% marks in B.E.

To get placement in the companies you should have enough branch knowledge and english should be strong.

Knowledge is only main criteria for the placement, so improve your knowledge.

All the best.
26th January 2011, 10:18 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Quote:

ranjan
Since you are telling you have a good percentage i think it will not hinder your eligibility in infosys.
and also they didn't mention about any gap criteria

but they need a consistently excellent academic track record.

and percentage criteria is 75% for off-campus

and 65% for on campus!!

and also you should not have any backlogs!!
26th January 2011, 10:34 AM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

ranjan
dear friend.

sorry to say this your not eligible for the infosys.they not allowed backlogs.

minimum eligibility of infosys is 60%.
26th January 2011, 11:14 AM
Unregistered

how can i get admission in M.Sc physics through JAM?
26th January 2011, 11:16 AM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Quote:

ranjan
dear friend,
gap years always decreases your chances of getting a job especially in a big company. but if you are having a very good percentage in graduation, then they will neglect your gap years very easily. so try to achieve that
26th January 2011, 01:43 PM
Gurpreet Singh Wadhwa

Ya of course,you are eligible for Infosys. But you should have B.Tech with degree above 70% or 75% . There is no such hard and fast rule like gap in 12th and B.Tech.
you should be able to clear aptitude and G.D and interview.
26th January 2011, 03:47 PM
mishra245

Offcourse you are eligible for Infosys.the basic qualification is pass the graduate course and no such qualification is fixed for this exam.
Selection process will be as follows:
PPT/Q-A Session (60 minutes) in the morning (8:30 AM), to be followed by
Filling up of application blanks (30 Minutes)

Test of Arithmetic Reasoning and Analytical Thinking (40 minutes)
Comprehensive test of communicative English (35 minutes)
Personal Interviews (As per schedule to be published at the Campus)
It is mandatory for the students attending the process to carry following
documents/proofs.

1. Identity card (College Identity card and valid photo identity proof)
2. One copy of their resume
3. 2 passport size photographs
4. Copies of all the mark sheets of 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation and Diploma
(whichever applicable)
5. Hall Ticket duly signed by the college principal / placement office
27th January 2011, 01:33 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

most of the leading IT company like TCS, Infosys etc prefer student those who have no year gap. they also give eligibility criterion that students should not have more than two years gap at the time of study.

as you have three years gap between study so you will face a problem at the time fo recruitment. but if you have proper reason like medical certificate or work experience certificate or whatever you have done at that period details documents about that then they may give you chance to appear in the recruitment procedure.

otherwise you have to try for other companies like wipro, satyam etc those do not have any such criterion.

best wishes.
27th January 2011, 01:53 AM
er.varunchawla

Quote:

ranjan
hello

yes you are eligible to give the interview if you are asking on the basis of year gap only because the company has fixed the age limits of its employees............

so don't worry about that........

Thank You ..........

27th January 2011, 06:15 PM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Quote:

ranjan
Its not a big issue that having 3 years gap and a talented guy is not getting any where a single job.

If you are born to success then No warrior can stop you.. By the way the criteria about 3 years gap, they will just clarify what happened to you in that period of time.

If any valid reason. then you don't have to worry at all.

But if any company pre handed gives Criteria that a guy with 3 years gap are not Eligible then you have to sit in another company.

Its not the End of the Company ,As you are saying that you have good Academic career,Then Many companies are waiting for you.

I think you are a talented guy, even talent works !!

Go for it. Best wishes for future.
27th January 2011, 08:48 PM
prtk.co

No you can eligible for infosys.Because infosys does not accept 3yr gaps.
27th January 2011, 10:32 PM
mini rani
Senior Member++

hi!

Infosys eligibility criteria for engineering freshers is as follows:
If a candidate satisfies two conditions in below then there is an exemption for 5% in the third one.

65% in 10th Class
65% in Intermediate or Diploma
68% in B.Tech

For example, Candidate having 60% in 10th, 65% in Intermediate / Diploma and 68% in B.Tech / MCA is eligible.

Infosys eligibility criteria does not say anything about the no. of years of gap in academic studies. You can apply to ifosys.

But if infosys is coming for campus recruitment in your college then you should contact the training & placement officer of your college for eligibility requireents.

Alternatively you can visit infosys website: www.infosys.com
28th January 2011, 03:01 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello!!!

There is not any objection in three years gap but if you have pass the 12th exam with good percentage then you have no doubt to sit for the interview.

Some companies also pefer students with no year gap but this is not the deciding factor for the job as far as you are getting a good score in your final year.

Best wishes!!!
4th February 2011, 09:49 PM
Unregistered

i have 3 year gap between 12th and engineering
10th February 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Quote:

ranjan
no u r not allowed u have more than gap ...............
20th February 2011, 08:58 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible for wipro with 3 years study gap?
b.tech-- 61%
10th---51%
12th---- 64%
24th February 2011, 01:54 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Quote:
b.tech-- 61%
10th---51%
12th---- 64%

Sorry you are not eligible for wipro cause you need to have 60% in 10th, 12th and B.Tech.... but there are lot of companies which do not see study gap and 10th, 12th marks... just keep on trying for it.... ALL THE BEST...
24th February 2011, 11:02 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible for an IT company ??
my percentage of marks mca-80%
bca-59.5%
12th - 65%
10th-70%
if not what are the other companies that would take me.. pls reply
1st March 2011, 12:20 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR,

Definitely you are eligible for Infosys. Infosys or any other company does not ask such conditions. They only ask minimum 60% marks in B.E.

Infosys eligibility criteria for engineering freshers is as follows:
If a candidate satisfies two conditions in below then there is an exemption for 5% in the third one.

-65% in 10th Class
-65% in Intermediate or Diploma
-60% in B.Tech

For more information please go to the official website for INFOSYS.

BEST WISHES FOR YOUR FUTURE..........................
1st March 2011, 12:33 AM
RATAN SINGH RATHORE
Senior Member+

HI DEAR,

Also, I would like you to apply other companies like; TCS, Syntel, Wipro
Aricent, Sapient, IBM, Tech-Mahindra, ITC-infotech.

For more information please go to the official website for these companies.

ALL THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
22nd March 2011, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

am i eligible to join infosys with below 60% marks in 10th and 12th? but i have 72% in MCA. pls suggest.
26th March 2011, 12:31 AM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Quote:
am i eligible to join infosys with below 60% marks in 10th and 12th? but i have 72% in MCA. pls suggest.
Am sorry, you are not eligible to attend Infosys placement because they have their eligibility criteria as 60 % above in 10th, 12th and UG/PG.. but you dont have to worry there are many small companies which are ready to provide jobs based on your performance and not with marks.

-> Try to join those small companies work for some time and then jump into big MNC's like infosys with the experience you gained.

-> To check out jobs and walk-in's which might match up your profile CLICK HERE!!!
26th March 2011, 11:37 AM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Dear,

YES, you are eligible for Infosys if you have 3 years gap between 12th standard and Engineering.

If your gap between 12th standard and Engineering, creating problem then make a gap certificate or affidavit from court.

Eligibility criteria for Infosys are as follows: -

1. Eligibility – Pass B.E. or B.Tech. or B.Sc. or MCA or M.E. or M.Tech. or M.S. or M.Sc. with minimum 65 % aggregate marks from a regonised institute / university.

2. No standing backlogs are allowed.

3. GAP should not be more than 02 years in the education.

4. M.Tech. and MCA students having minimum 03 years experience.

5. 10 th & 12 th standard - Minimum 60 % aggregate marks from a regonised board.

Best Wishes & Good Luck
26th March 2011, 02:16 PM
asishkumar

Quote:

ranjan
Sorry to say that you are not elligible for infosys as it considers only 1 year gap.
for more than 1 year it's difficult to get into it.
26th March 2011, 03:59 PM
2cuteforuh21
Junior Member+

There is no such fixed eligiblity criteria as such where in if you have a gap year you are not eligible. But yeah the gap year will affect your chances for the getting into it. The company asks for 60% in 10th 12th and graduation. So if you have scored good marks maybe they can ignore the gap years which you have got
They will also demand gap certificate. So keep that ready with you
26th March 2011, 10:25 PM
ricks2cool
Senior Member+

Different companies have different criteria.
Also there is no fix criteria for selection.
As they visit different companies they may change there criteria's.
So don't worry at all.
As far as your gap is considered let me clear you that there is no issue with it.
Also as you have said that you have very good academic record so for you definetely no problem will be there.
But it wolud be better for you if reply them properly about your reason for gap(only in case if they ask you for it).
I would suggest you to prepare well for general aptitude test & also start preparing for impressive interviews.
11th May 2011, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
b.tech-- 61%
10th---51%
12th---- 64%
Yes u r eligible.One of my friend has been selected in Wipro this year with same academic background as you have.No problem.
31st May 2011, 09:08 PM
sivaraj448
Senior Member++

No dear you are eligible to apply for Infosys placement process.
It is not certain that this year gap criteria will be there always
during the placement process, but it is also not certain that there
won't be any such criteria.
So, you should not be worried about it.
Also you can apply for Infosys off-campus recruitment program.
If somehow this year gap thing doesn't let you enter Infosys then
go for other software giants like TCS, Wipro
4th June 2011, 03:24 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

Hi
sorry you are not eligible for campus interview
because now most mnc required 1 year gap allowed but no exceed than this.

10th,12th,b.tech all 3 have 60% minimum mark..........
7th June 2011, 10:26 PM
nagamalleswararaoyaramasu

yes you are a eligible for infosis exam.but you need to update latest technology by taking coatching from repuated institution.so please concentrate on update technology.
10th August 2011, 01:36 AM
Unregistered

sir i have 80.6% in 10th in 2003,53.5 in 12th 2005,76.7% in diploma in cse(2006-2009),and 8.4 avarage in b.tech till now(upto 6th sem).sir please tell me am i eligible for tcs,wipro,infosys or any company?sir pls tell me.
14th August 2011, 05:00 PM
Unregistered

srikanth,,
am i eligible for siting in top mnc's like infosys,tcs,,,,when i have 2years gap b/w 12th and bsc and 1year gap b/w bsc and mca,,
10th with 77%(2001)
12th with 72%(2003)
bsc with 65%(2008)
mca up to 4th sem with 82%
17th August 2011, 07:54 PM
immadikondalarao

hai friend ,
u can't enter,if u have reference then u can enter by showing particular reason and if u have certificates to that reason its better
4th December 2011, 11:49 AM
Unregistered

kamlesh, am i eligible for infosys or any softwear cmpny if i have 10th pass in 2004 with 69% and 12th pass in 2007with 82% and b.tech with 84% (2012).......?
4th December 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

hai friend,
4th December 2011, 10:57 PM
DRDKS

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible for Infosys if I have 3 years gap between 12th and Engineering?

Recruitment is purely based on talent of an individual,and academic record of them..
if they ask you regarding your gapping education,you should answer them with reasonable answer...
thats only problem for you..
if you learn to tackle this situation,you are eligible to work in infosys..

all the best..
18th February 2012, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

I am 3.8 years experience in IT.I have academic records Class X onwards Minimum 50%.but I was two attempt in 10th. I am legible are TCS & infosys. please reply
19th February 2012, 11:57 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend to appear in the campus drive of IT companies you have to fulfill some eligibility criteria first..
Infosys is one of the giant IT company in India..They recruit large number of technical students from technical colleges..

Eligibility criteria for Infosys:------------------->>

1.Candidate must have secure 65% aggregate through out the career.
2.Candidate should not have any pending backlogs during graduation.
3.Candidate must not have any study gap more than 2 years.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill.
As you have 3 years of study gap then you are surely not eligible for the exam..
Instead of that you ca go for other software companies where no such criteria is mentioned like-
1.IBM
2.WIPRO
3.CAPE GEMINI
4.ACCENTURE

Go for the campus drive of these companies...
All the best..
31st July 2012, 03:04 PM
Unregistered

is their any chance of getting placement to infosys from mangalam college of engineering ettumanoor with 80% throughout 10, 2 and b.tec?
15th March 2013, 11:41 PM
Unregistered

hello sir i m pranay....m doing engg from nagpur university, m backlog person but there year m doing ccna certified holder so plz tell me m eligible for infosys....guide me sir...thank you
12th December 2014, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

My 10h per 65 and 12th is 55%. and I have 2 year of experience in it field. so please tell me i am eligible for infosys. Please tell me...
13th December 2014, 12:01 AM
manishsamariya

My 10th % is 65 and 12th is 55% . i have 2 year of experience as it company.
Is there any effect of 2 year experience in eligible criteria.
please fast reply
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?