30th August 2017, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for SET exam after completion of M.A History from RBU?

I completed M.A History from Rabindra Bharati University by Distance education, am I eligible for SET exam in West Bengal? Can you please let me know the minimum criteria which are followed for the same? Hope that I will get the answer soon. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to apply for NET exam after completion of post graduation in history subject from RBU?
  2. Can I appear in SET with 53% in distance M.A.(History)? Fee details of SET coaching classes?
  3. Reference books for preparation and last date of SET(History) form submission? Fee charges to apply for SET?
  4. Am I eligible to give degree lecturer exam for history after completion of MA in history?
  5. Am I eligible to do regular MFA(Painting) in RBU being a 38 years old distance BFA graduate?
  6. Can I apply for Ph.D in distance mode if I have completed MA history with 57 percentage?
  7. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in History after completion of MA in History with 66% marks?
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D in Political science after completion of graduation?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for NET or SET exam after completion of M.Com course?
  10. Am I eligible to apply for SET Exam after completion of M.Com course without doing B.Ed course?
  11. Which book to study for NET/SET History?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for NET/SET examination after completion of MA with 50% marks and BA also with 50%?
  13. Can i do Lecturership in Hindi after MA from IGNOU in same?
  14. Can I appear in NET/SET 2016 after completion of M.Sc in June 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Am I eligible to take admission in Rabindra Bharati University after completion of diploma course in computer science?
  16. Can I apply to study M.A. in Rabindra Bharati University if waiting for the result of B.A. completed from IGNOU?
  17. Last ten years History paper of SLET/SET
  18. Am I eligible for NET/SET test after completing PG in history subject with 52% marks? I belong to SC category
31st August 2017, 02:35 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET exam after completion of M.A History from RBU?

As far as my best knowledge is concerned, yes you are certainly eligible for appearing in SET Entrance Examination with the above mentioned educational qualification.

>> The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in SET Entrance Test is "Master's Degree" from a recognized university with minimum 55% marks and with 50% marks for SC/ ST/ PWD category candidates.

>> As Rabindra Bharati University is a recognized university, courses obtained from this college are also valid.

>> There is no certain age criteria required to appear in SET Entrance Examination.
31st August 2017, 06:18 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for SET exam after completion of M.A History from RBU?

Yes, you will be eligible to appear in entrance examination for recruitment as an Assistant Professor.

The eligibility to appear in examination is candidate must have passed master degree from a recognised university.

Candidate must have passed master degree with minimum 55% for general category and 50% for reserved category.

So, if you have above qualification you will be eligible to appear in examination.
31st August 2017, 07:49 PM
ravinayadav256

Eligibility for SET exam:-

Candidates should have already appeared / will be appearing in Masters degree (final year) exam are eligible for SET exam.

Candidate must have passed with minimum 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.

There is no age limit for SET exams.

Date for apply online is 1st august 2017 to 31st august 2017.

Exam date of SET exam in West Bengal :-

3rd december 2017.
31st August 2017, 08:14 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in examination. The degree of a recognised university is valid to appear in SET examination.

The eligibility to appear for Assistant Professor examination is candidate must have passed master's degree from a recognised university.

There is no upper age limit to appear in examination and must have scored atleast 55% in master degree. There is relaxation of 5% for reserved category( i.e, 50% in master degree).
31st August 2017, 08:24 PM
starberry

Yes, you are eligible for SET exam after completing M.A History from Rabindra Bharati University by Distance Education. As RBU is a government recognized university, your M.A degree is also valid.

Eligibility criteria for SET (Symbiosis Entrance Test)

>> Master Degree in any course from recognized university

>> Minimum 55% marks in Masters degree

>> SC/ST - minimum marks required in 50%

>> Age limit- none

>> Number of attempts - No limit

SET Exam Pattern

>> 3 Papers to be qualified

>> Paper 1- Objective General aptitude paper common for everybody, there are 60 questions of 2 marks each, total 100 marks paper, candidates have choice of answering 50 questions.

>> Paper 2 and Paper 3- Respective Subject related to your course
Paper 2- Compulsory 50 questions of 2 marks each
Paper 3- Compulsory 75 questions of 2 marks each
31st August 2017, 10:22 PM
sampathkumar29
Senior Member+++++

SET (State Eligibility Test) in West Bengal conducts this exam to recruit into assistant professor in universities. The full eligibility requirements are mentioned below.

Eligibility criteria:
- The candidate should have done their masters level degree or equivalent degree in any stream with minimum 55% from any recognised university.
- There is 5% relaxation for OBC, SC/ ST candidates.
- The candidates who have done their Ph.D also eligible for this exam.
- There is no upper age limit for this exam.

For applying to this exam you need to fill the application form through online by visiting their official website: www.examinationonline.in
31st August 2017, 11:26 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

Rabindra Bharti University is UGC recognized university for distance course.

You can apply for State Eligibility Test after Master of Arts in History from this university. The minimum criteria for this exam:

~~Master's degree with 55% marks or more.

~~No upper age limit for Lectureship.
31st August 2017, 11:46 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

SET stands for State Eligibility Test. The academic qualification required for SET examination is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Final year post graduation candidates can also apply for this examination.

Candidates need to have minimum of 55% marks in master's degree to apply for State Eligibility Test. There is no age limit for post of Lectureship. You can apply for SET exam after completion of Master of Arts in History from Rabindra Bharti University.
1st September 2017, 12:15 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

The validity of degree of any university depends upon its approval status from University Grants Commission and Distance Education. This university is approved by both.

You can apply for State Level Entrance Test. The eligibility criteria is:

1. You must be post graduate or in final year with 55% marks in it.

2. There is no age limit to apply for SET exam for Lectureship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?