1st May 2011, 04:44 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to sit for 12th and IIT JEE next year if I have dropped this year?

I have dropped this year before appearing for board exam.am i able to sit for 12th and jee in the next year, 2012?

25th July 2011, 05:19 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for 12th and IIT JEE next year if I have dropped this year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have dropped this year before appearing for board exam.am i able to sit for 12th and jee in the next year, 2012?
sorry dear but eligibilty in IIT is only in two consecutive years
one by doing 12th and another by after passing 12th next year.
26th July 2011, 02:42 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to sit for 12th and IIT JEE next year if I have dropped this year?

yea obviously you are eligible. if you drop in 12th board examination for one year and after that next year you appear in 12th examination as well as in IIT JEE examination then obviously you are eligible in next year.

but if you have already applied for IIT JEE in this year then you will miss one chance. that means you 2011 application will be considered as first attempt. 2012 application will be considered as second attempt.

if you want to appear in IIT JEE in 2012 then you have to fulfill other eligibility criterion also like age criterion, minimum marks criterion etc. go through the information brochure of IIT JEE examination you will get details about eligibility criterion to appear in IIT JEE examination.

best wishes.
26th July 2011, 03:07 PM
subham7772

You have dropped your 12th class this year. But also you are able to give your 12th examination next year in 2012.Because there is no restriction for giving 12th class after one year.

And also you are eligible to give the IIT JEE Entrance examination 2012. To be eligible for giving IIT JEE 2012, you should be eligible for the following different criteria:-

IIT JEE 2012 Eligibility Criteria:-
The applicant is advised to check all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in IIT JEE 2012:-

1. Date of Birth
a.The date of birth of candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories should be on or after October 01, 1986. Whereas the date of birth of those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories should be on or after October 01, 1981.

b.The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/ Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit along with the application, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

2. Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)
A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time on or after October 01, 2009 or will be appearing in 2011. Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2012 are not eligible to apply for IIT JEE 2011.

The qualifying examinations (QE) are listed below:
1.The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for Indian School Certificate Examination,New Delhi; etc.

2.Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.

3.Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.

4.General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.

5.High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.

6.Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).

7.Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.

8.3 or 4 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

3. Minimum Percentage of Marks in QE
Candidates belonging to GE, OBC and DS categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. Whereas, those belonging to SC, ST and PD categories must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in the QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling/ admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2010.

Important Notes:-
1.A candidate can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means one should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011.

2.If any candidate has accepted admission after qualifying in JEE in earlier years by paying registration fee at any of the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi and ISM Dhanbad, he/she will not be eligible to write JEE at all.

Thank you
26th July 2011, 03:12 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: Am I eligible to sit for 12th and IIT JEE next year if I have dropped this year?

Quote:
Dear friend why not ,you are surely eligible for IIT-JEE...........

Because after 12th you count your year ..............

If you will give your exam in 2011.then you can give IIT in 2011 and 2012.......

That's why don't take tension you can surely give this exam because you will give board exam this year.........
26th July 2011, 06:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
dear friend,

yes, you are eligible for IIT JEE exam. but you have missed one chance .if you have completed your 10+2 exam with 55% marks then you are eligible for IIT JEE exam.

so for this year you have to well prepare and also crack the iit jee exam because you have enough time for practice.

all the best
26th July 2011, 06:50 PM
kumar96
Senior Member+

yes you can appear next year for 12th exam.there is no restriction of drop year before 12th.

For IIT you have two chanches.first time you can give IIT entrance exam with your 12th class.second time you can gives next year of the 12th class after you will not be eligible for IIT entrance exam.

For IIT exam you have required minimum 60% marks in Physics,Chemistry and Maths in 12th class.For IIT you have to scored these marks otherwise you will not be eligible for IIT entrance exam.

IIT is top entrance exam for engineering.its stander is very high.In IIT entrance exam objective type question are asked.you have to do preparation very well for success in IIT exam.

You can admission in IIT college on the basis of marks obtained in the entrance exam.if you get good marks then you will be eligible for admission IIT college for B.Tech.
27th July 2011, 07:31 PM
rana2011
Banned

Yes, obviously you will be eligible if you drop in 12th board examination for one year and after that next year you appear in 12th examination as well as in IIT JEE examination.

but you can n't applied for IIT JEE in this year (2011) will be considered for 2012 application.

Best of luck!
30th July 2011, 12:08 PM
Unregistered

MY DATE OF BIRTH IS 08.03.1995. AM I ABLE FOR WBJEE / AIEEE / AIPMT / IIT-JEE?
30th July 2011, 07:18 PM
nambardar
Senior Member+

Because you dropped one year, then you are eligible for jee.
and for 12th , there is nothing to worry about that.
in iit jee two chance are available.
your one chance is secured.
31st July 2011, 09:14 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

hi,
The minimum academic qualification for admission through JEE is a pass grade in the final examination of 10+2 system

All admissions will be subject to verification of facts from the original certificates/documents of the candidates.
dropping a year doesn't matter but you mut make sure that your age does not cross 21 for OC and BC.
Relaxation is upto 5 years for sc/st
31st July 2011, 10:46 PM
kunjeyan5282

yes obviously you are eligible. if you drop in 12th board examination for one year and after that next year you appear in 12th examination as well as in IIT JEE examination then obviously you are eligible in next year.

but if you have already applied for IIT JEE in this year then you will miss one chance. that means you 2011 application will be considered as first attempt. 2012 application will be considered as second attempt.

if you want to appear in IIT JEE in 2012 then you have to fulfill other eligibility criterion also like age criterion, minimum marks criterion etc. go through the information brochure of IIT JEE examination you will get details about eligibility criterion to appear in IIT JEE examination.
9th November 2011, 02:16 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Thumbs up Re: Am I eligible to sit for 12th and IIT JEE next year if I have dropped this year?

Yeah sure you can sit for your IIT JEE next year.
IIT offers 2 attempts to the candidates. One just after you are finished with the board exams, and the other the next year.

It basically wants candidates to finish up their two attempts in consecutive years.

So since you have taken a drop this year, and you still have I attempt. You can surely sit for the IIT JEE next year.

Prepare Well.

All the Best.

Regards
~RJ~
18th December 2011, 09:50 AM
Unregistered

i am not appearing for iit this year as i want to concentrate on 12th board. can i appear for it next year?
24th November 2012, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

SIR,i failed 12th board and i m re appearing with state board and want to appear iitjee mains is there any problem occure?After all what we should have to fill up the form 12th pass or 10th pass???
2nd June 2013, 11:02 PM
Unregistered

i got 46% in my 12th exam this year,can i reappear as a private
12th December 2013, 10:02 AM
Unregistered

A student of Mar 13 , repeated exam & fail in maths & phys in Oct'13 and again appearing 2014 March exam is he eligible for JEE main exam 2014.
As this is 2nd attempt for jee main.

Pl adv.
25th July 2014, 09:13 AM
Unregistered

am i eligible to appear in JEE 2015 if I dropped class 12th final in 2014
25th July 2014, 09:23 AM
Unregistered

am I eligible for JEE 2015 if I dropped cass 12th in 2014 and reappear in class 12th fnal in 2015
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?