1st October 2011, 02:33 PM
jiniyta

Am I eligible for Income Tax Exam having completed 12th in Arts stream?

sir i have done my +2 in arts can you tell me i am eligible for income tax department upper cateogery

Related Questions:
  1. Stream required in 11th and 12th standard for becoming an Income tax officer? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. How to become an income tax officer after completing my 12th standard from Mumbai University from commerce stream?
  3. How to become an Income Tax officer after completing my 12th from Mumbai University from commerce stream? I am a BSc IT 2nd year student
  4. Am I eligible for becoming an Income Tax Officer after B.Com through correspondence?
  5. How can I get a job in income tax after completing 12th in commerce stream
  6. Eligibility to become Income Tax Officer after B.Com and CS professional programme?
  7. What should I do to become an Income Tax Officer? Which degree would be helpful after 12th?
  8. How to apply for income tax examination after 12th?
  9. What should I study further after completing 12th to become an Income Tax Officer?
  10. Procedure of exams for Income Tax Assistant, Income Tax Inspector and Income Tax Officer? When the exams will be held?
  11. How to become an income tax inspector? Books to be referred to become one?
  12. Can I apply for Income Tax Officer exam after passing T.Y.B.Com?
  13. How to apply for income tax officer exam?
  14. Information about Income Tax studies after plus two? Exams conducted related to Income Tax field? -- [New]
  15. Detailed information regarding Central sales tax, wealth tax and income tax?
  16. Whether B.Sc(IT) pursuing candidate is eligible to apply for Income Tax Officer entrance exam?
  17. Information regarding Entrance Exam and Procedure to become Income Tax Officer?
  18. Can I get a job in Income Tax if I am a graduate in Arts stream
1st October 2011, 03:13 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Income Tax Exam having completed 12th in Arts stream?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiniyta View Post
sir i have done my +2 in arts can you tell me i am eligible for income tax department upper cateogery
Dear friend,

Income Tax Officer Exam is conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC) to recruit the Income Tax Officer.

Those candidate have completed graduation degree from recognized university are eligible for INCOME TAX OFFICER exam.
To become Income Tax officer you have to pass the Civil Services Exam conducted by the Union Public.

Also your age should be in between 18 years to 27 years.

The upper age limit will be relaxed by 3 years for OBC candidates and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

So if you want to apply for Custom officer and income tax officer exam then you can visit to UPSC own website.

Application form:

For the next exam the application form will be available from first week of February 2012 at SSC official website at http://www.ssconline.nic.in.

Thanks
1st October 2011, 04:20 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Income Tax Exam having completed 12th in Arts stream?

Hello friend,
To be an Inspector, in the income tax department, you must be a graduate.
Being a graduate, you'll be eligible to write combined graduate level examination, conducted by staff selection commission.
Apart from being a graduate, in any discipline, you must be within the age limit of 18-27 years.

For complete information and notification regarding the exam, refer to the official website of staff selection commission.
1st October 2011, 08:10 PM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

You need to first complete your graduation for elgiblity of INCOME TAX...however i am giving information about it..

INCOME TAX OFFICER exam is generally conducted by Staff Selection Commission (SSC), Its a great opportunity for you that your examination is going to be held in the month of April and notification generally come in February or march so well prepare for it..

1.)ELIGIBLITY

1.Qualification:

a)you should have any degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
as you have done graduation in B.Com ,so you are positively eligible.

2.Age:

a:Your age should not be not less than 18 yers and not greater than 27 years on the first July of the year of examination

b) The age limit for the posts of Inspector of Income Tax, is 18-27 years as on March 2011

3.Physical Standards (Minimum)

a)Height :157.5cm
b)Chest :81cm ,fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cm
c)Physical Test:
i)Walking:1600 meters in 15 minutes
ii)Cycling:8 Km in 30 minutes
1st October 2011, 09:05 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
you must satisfy the below requirement
A candidate must have age between 18 years and 25 years

Educational Qualifications:
A candidate must hold degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.

Physical Standards:
(a) Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer (Male candidates)

(i) Physical Standards (Minimum)
Height 157.5 cms
Chest 81 cms (fully expanded with a minimum expansion of 5 cms

(ii) Physical Test:
Walking 1600 metres in 15 minutes
Cycling 8 Km in 30 minutes

(b) Inspector of Central Excise/Preventive Officer (Lady Candidates)

(i) Physical Standard:
Height 152 cms
Weight 48 Kg

(ii) Physical Test:
Walking 1 km in 20 minutes
Cycling 3 km in 2
2nd October 2011, 12:49 AM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiniyta View Post
no you are not eligible because to apply for income tax exam a student must have the degree from the recognized collage......only 12 pass is not upto mark

Educational Qualifications: A candidate must hold degree of a recognized University, or equivalent.
6th October 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

sir .i have any chance for incometax exam having ca-ipcc ?
20th April 2012, 03:16 PM
Unregistered

sir i am cpt pass can i join income tax officer exam
14th May 2018, 02:39 PM
Unregistered

How to became a income tax officer from arts stream after completion of 12 ....and if it's possible then how
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?