20th September 2016, 08:50 PM
manas75

Being an OBC candidate can I apply under SC/ST/UR category in West Bengal Group-C recruitment?

I am 40+ years of age and belongs to OBC category. West Bengal Government advertised job of Group-C for three posts, SC, ST, and UR. Can I apply for the any one of the post?

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria followed for applying primary school teacher job in West Bengal?
  2. Age limit for WBCS exams?
  3. What is the age limit for OBC candidate to sit for the Assistant Exam under SSCWB Government of West Bengal?
  4. Can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not? my parents were residents of other state
  5. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Are there any seats for OBC category students in West Bengal MBBS course
  7. Eligibility to apply in West Bengal Entrance exam for a candidate studying in Bangalore and belonging to West Bengal?
  8. Is my friends OBC certificate valid in West Bengal for reservation in Home Quota in NIT Durgapur?
  9. Relaxations in SET exam for OBC candidate at West Bengal?
  10. M.A. postgraduate of EILLM University is eligible to apply for West Bengal School Service Commission recruitment exam?
  11. Which government college can I get after scoring 637 rank in WBJEE?
  12. Can I apply for SBI Clerk Recruitment being a candidate of OBC category with an age of 29 years?
  13. Age limit for West Bengal Group C and D has been increased to 40 years by the CM Mamta Banerjee?
  14. Does a candidate of other state eligible to do Graduation in West Bengal?
  15. Whether an OBC candidate can avail three years relaxation in Chargeman Group B category recruitment?
  16. B.Com(H) graduate who haven't studied Bengali is eligible for WBCS exam?
  17. Will it be appropriate for me to sit for WBCS exam?
  18. How to take admission for MCA after passing BCA? Best colleges in Kolkata that I can get without appearing for the entrance exam?
21st September 2016, 11:03 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Being an OBC candidate can I apply under SC/ST/UR category in West Bengal Group-C recruitment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by manas75 View Post
I am 40+ years of age and belongs to OBC category. West Bengal Government advertised job of Group-C for three posts, SC, ST, and UR. Can I apply for the any one of the post?
You are belongs to OBC category, So you are eligible to apply Group C post under general category.

Those candidates who have completed 10th standard from a recognized University are eligible for group C post.

Your age should be in between 10 to 40 years.
21st September 2016, 11:23 AM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Being an OBC candidate can I apply under SC/ST/UR category in West Bengal Group-C recruitment?

You belongs to OBC category can't apply for SC/ST, but eligible to apply for UR category. WBSSC invites application for group c recruitment for the post of division clerk/assistant in following departments.

WBSSC Group C Departments
- Animal Resource
- Backward Welfare
- Development & Planning
- School Education
- Excise
- Finance
- Fire & Emergency
- Food & Supply
- Land Resource
- Public Works
- Panchayat & Rural Development
- Women & Child Development
- Health & Family Welfare

WBSSC Group C Exam Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) from west bengal board.
- You should have typing speed 20 words per minute in english & 10 words per minute in bengali.
- You should have computer knowledge.
- Your age should be between 18 to 40 years on 1st January of the examination year.

WBSSC Group C Exam Pattern
Paper consist two papers. Candidates who have passed paper I are only eligible to write for paper II.
- Paper I : 100 Q , 100 Marks , 1.5 Hours
- Paper II : 100 Q , 100 Marks , 1 Hour

WBSSC Group C Exam Dates
- Registration Opens From : 02/03/2016
- Closure of Registration : 22/03/2016
- WBSSC Group C Exam : 17/04/2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?