7th February 2010, 08:10 PM
Mr Ajay

Can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not? my parents were residents of other state

Dear Ed,

My parents were a resident of Jharkhand but now we live in West Bengal.I have completed my ICSE Exams from West Bengal and will give the H.S examinations this year in West Bengal (WBCHSE)too. But I have the SCHEDULED CASTE CERTIFICATE from Jharkhand,so can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not?

Related Questions:
  1. Local reservation in EAMCET admissions -- [Most Discussed]
  2. What would be the home state for the candidate who has completed 12th and appeared in JEE Main both from different states? For which state candidate can avail state quota seat?
  3. Whether a candidate is eligible to appear in Jee Main on behalf of MP-PET if exhausted 3 chances for applying in colleges of Madhya Pradesh?
  4. How can I get admission in government college after scoring 80% in 12th class board
  5. Can I apply for GUJCET to get admission in Gujarat Government Medical colleges?
  6. What is the procedure and eligibility criteria for Part Time B.Tech admission after 3 years of diploma?
  7. Eligibility criteria for Medical Entrance exam in Maharashtra colleges?
  8. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  9. If my son is studying in CBSE in Bangalore is he eligible for EAMCET?
  10. Domicile criteria for MP.PET?
  11. Can I apply for JEE Main 2016 twice, one on the basis of 12th and another on the basis of Diploma?
  12. What is the criteria for the post of JBT in Haryana?
  13. Can I get domicile of UP if graduated and worked in UP but did 12th from Delhi having no property there? Whether my daughter can get domicile if she born in UP but studying in Haryana?
  14. By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?
  15. List of the entrance exams after passing 12th standard
  16. What is the procedure to join Delhi Sub-Inspector? In which major course or exam should I appear for it? -- [New]
  17. How to do aerospace after passing 2nd PUC or IIT mains?
  18. After my 12th results for which entrance exam should I register?
8th February 2010, 10:50 AM
Bella
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not? my parents were residents of other state

sorry you can give tyhe WB-JEE as you are not a domicile of west bengal and not even your parents,it dosent matter from where you have completed your 12th.
8th February 2010, 02:37 PM
rrmohantysmile
Senior Member+

Default Re: Can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not? my parents were residents of other state

if you have done your education from WB more than 5 years then you can apply for the exams . good luck dear and all the best ...
9th February 2010, 04:00 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

no you cant apply for as you or your parents are not a domicile of west bengal. it dosent matter from where you have completed you graduation.
18th February 2010, 11:19 AM
Esha Sharma
Senior Member+

Sorry as it is a mandatory requirement to have studied from west Bengal for at least 5 years you will not be eligible for wb-jee.
19th February 2010, 12:51 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry for this answer.
one can't sit for it if she/he is not a resident of this state(W.B). or one must live here atleast 5 years.
or you need to have a domicile certificate for this.
good luck and all the best for your future.
19th February 2010, 12:52 AM
princearyan
Senior Member+

sorry for this answer.
one can't sit for it if she/he is not a resident of this state(W.B). or one must live here atleast 5 years.
or you need to have a domicile certificate for this.
good luck and all the best for your future.
20th February 2010, 01:18 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

i think you are not eligible for the WB-JE because you need to get domecile of this state. and if you are belong to other state then you are not apply. sorry.
27th February 2010, 11:51 AM
atanu
Senior Member++

dear friend
i am sorry to tell you that ...you can not apply for the WB-jee as a sc candidate..
because you are not a residence of bengal and even your parents also...
so you should apply for jharkhand joint as a SC candidate...
this gives you better option for your life..
so
best of luck.
30th March 2010, 08:25 PM
subhasish
Senior Member++

dear friend
if you are not a resident of west bengal then you can not apply for WBJEE.
for details please visit the official website of wbjee.

good luck.
31st March 2010, 02:57 PM
rajeshingarhwa

hi friend
iam sorry to say you that you will not get any reservation in the wejee exam as you are not a resident of the west bengal.but dont worry you can apply for the exam as an general student ,so apply for the wbjeeb exam.........
15th April 2010, 09:01 PM
Aditya.addy
Senior Member+

dear friend,
you cannot apply as the SC candidate as your parents had stayed in the other state.
but you can appear for WBJEE as a student without the domicile as they have a seats for the other states students of 15%.but you will not be enjoying the status of the same state.
best of luck.
29th April 2010, 06:13 PM
quddus

Hi friend...........

No my friend, you are not certified from west bengal. So you can only use your certificate for jharkhand and all india exam.
All the best and thank you!
31st July 2010, 08:36 PM
Senior Member+++

no you can not apply as a sc candidiate as your parents had stayed in other state
but you can appear for the wbjee as a student without any domicile as they have a 15%seat reservation for other state students
14th August 2010, 02:45 AM
sparkle
Senior Member+++

Hello friend,

I think that you are eligible to appear in the WBJEE..

Any candidate from any state is eligible to apply for this entrance exam..

The eligibility to sit for WB-JEE is to pass the 12th board exam with at least 50% marks from a recognized university..

Best of luck!
15th August 2010, 03:54 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

you can check it online....or contact them ..they must be having
helpline number.
already there is 80% domicile,for other state candidate.
16th August 2010, 12:33 AM
mini rani
Senior Member++

HI!

You are eligible to give WB-JEE exam if you satisfy 2 conditions:

Your parents are domicile of WB
You have completed your 5 years of education in WB.

Since you satisfy neither of the criteria you are not eligible to apply for WB-JEE.
12th June 2011, 02:21 PM
amit gaur054

sorry dear you can give tyhe WB-JEE as you are not a domicile of west bengal and not even your parents,it dosent matter from where you have completed your 12th.
9th January 2012, 01:13 PM
Unregistered

dear ed i have not done any educational course in Westbengal since my parents were shifted to bhubaneswar in my younger days.but we have resedential certificate of WESTBENGAL. I am going to appear 2 exam in orissa.can I appear WBJEE ?
15th February 2012, 11:45 PM
BHAUMIK K. PATEL

My parents were a resident of gujarat but now we live in West Bengal.I have completed my ICSE Exams from West Bengal and will give the H.S examinations this year in West Bengal (WBCHSE)too. But I have the SCHEDULED CASTE CERTIFICATE from Jharkhand,so can I apply for the WB-JEE as a SC Candidate or not?

regarda
bhaumik
5th March 2012, 05:05 PM
Unregistered

I am a native of Andhra Pradesh,but i stay in West Bengal and will pass class 12 from West Bengal itself. Am i eligible to sit for EAMCET 2012?
5th March 2012, 05:10 PM
Unregistered

I will pass class 12 from West Bengal,but i am a native of Andhra Pradesh. Am i eligible to sit for EAMCET 2012??
2nd December 2014, 12:47 AM
Unregistered

My original resident at West Bengal but i living Odisha for last 10 years , can i apply for WB-JEE as SC candidate .
2nd December 2014, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

[QUOTE=Mr Ajay;28592]Dear Ed,

My parents were a resident of Westbengal. but now we live in Jharkhand.I have completed my ICSE Exams from Jharkhand and will give the H.S examinations this year in Jharkhand too. But I have the domicile from Westbengal,so can I apply for the WB-JEE as a general candidate or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?