6th February 2016, 12:01 PM
Unregistered

Biotechnology student can appear in IFS exam?

Respected sir/ma'am,
I'm a student of biotechnology appeared for mtech. Am I eligible to appear for IFS exam? Expecting a soon reply. Thank you!

6th February 2016, 06:59 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Biotechnology student can appear in IFS exam?

Eligibility criteria to appear in IFS exam conducted by UPSC:

Candidate must have done graduation from recognised universities with one of these subjects physics ,engineering, Zoology etc.

Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years.

Number of attempts: 6 to general category and no limit to reserved categories.
6th February 2016, 07:54 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir/ma'am,
I'm a student of biotechnology appeared for mtech. Am I eligible to appear for IFS exam? Expecting a soon reply. Thank you!
You have completed Biotechnology so you are eligible for IFS exam.

IFS stands for Indian Forest Service exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university in Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering are eligible for IFS exam.

Final year student are also eligible for IFS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
Pattern for IFS exam:-

Paper I:- General English (300 marks)
Paper II:- General Knowledge (300 marks)
Paper III-VI:- Any two selected optional subject (200 marks for each paper)
Personality Test:- 300 marks
6th February 2016, 09:30 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes Biotech student can appear in IFS exam.
The eligibility for this exam is bachelor degree in science. At least one of the following subjects: mathematics, physics, chemistry, botany, zoology and animal husbandry or bachelor's degree in engineering, Forestry, agriculture.
Age limit is 21 to 30 years
the nationality of India
6th February 2016, 11:47 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

I.F.S stands for Indian Foreign Service and to become an I.F.S Officer candidates have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university in any discipline and age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination will be conducted in three stages and it is necessary to qualify in all these stages for final selection for examination.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The application form for 2016 examination will be available from April. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
7th February 2016, 12:33 AM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Indian Forest Service Exam is commonly known as UPSC IFS Exam. It is combined competitive exam held all over India by Union Public Service Commission during the month of July.

To appear in this exam candidate age limit is 21 to 30 years. Upper age limit relaxation applicable as per the Government rules.

Candidate must have bachelor’s degree with one of the subjects named Animal Husbandry, Physics, Statistics and Zoology, Agriculture, Forestry, Engineering etc.

General categories only have 6 attempts to apply for IFS exam. OBC candidates can apply only for 9 times and SC/ST candidate have unlimited attempts to apply.

Selection - Preliminary Exam-> Main Exam-> Interview for Personality.
25th February 2017, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Sir/maam I have done bsc (H) biotechnology and post graduate in msc (AG.) Horticulture I am eligible for appear for IFS exam
5th November 2020, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

I m pursuing BSC biotechnology having bio in 12 class so am I eligible for this exam. Hope I will clear my doubt by ur ans.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?