24th February 2017, 10:15 PM
vikas_malvade

Can a 22 years old student apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?

Hello, sir, I have passed 12th with Science stream and I am of 22 years old. Can I apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?

Related Questions:
  1. Process of admission in Merchant Navy? Fees and Physical fitness?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th Commerce? What kind of fitness is required? Is there job guarantee?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  5. What is the physical fitness for Merchant Navy?
  6. How can I become a Merchant Navy after completing B.Com? What is the Physical criteria required?
  7. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  8. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
  9. What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job? -- [New]
  10. How to apply for Merchant Navy after passing B.Com final year?
  11. Is there any need for the entrance exam for marine engineering?
  12. How can I join marine field?
  13. Is merchant navy comes under private sector? What are the steps followed to apply for the job in merchant navy?
  14. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  15. Is merchant navy a good option after 10+2 with PCM? Environment and duration of job?
  16. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl?
  17. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  18. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
28th January 2018, 04:37 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: Can a 22 years old student apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?

You have completed your 12 th standard in science Stream and you are 22 years old. With your qualification and age, you can apply for GP rating and deck cadet posts in merchant navy.
Physical standards required to apply for these posts are :
# Height should be 150 cm for male candidates, 145 cm for female candidates.
# Weight should be minimum 42.5 kgs for men and 39 kgs for female candidates.
# Vision should be 6/6 in good eye, 6/9 in worst eye in case of distant vision & 0.6 in good eye, 0.8 in worst eye in case of near vision.
And also you must complete ship training course before joining job in merchant navy.
And only unmarried Indian citizens only are eligible to apply for job in merchant navy.
30th January 2018, 01:45 PM
Ramabai L

Default Re: Can a 22 years old student apply for Merchant Navy job? Physical fitness required for it?

- Basic qualification is +2 with good marks in the subjects Physics, chemistry, Mathematics in an approved board or Institutes.
- Eligible candidate can able to apply for the entrance exam which is conducted by IMU.
- IMU is the Central University which offers Merchant courses under Indian Maritime University Act of 2008, 14 November.
- Candidate should be unmarried.
- Age limit should be 22 years and wants to be Physical fitness.
- Required vision is 6/6 without any colour blindness.
- After the CET, there is an Interview and Medical test.
- Candidate should need to complete ship training course, then will be eligible to join in Merchant Navy.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?